14 yo Dutch girl arrested for threats to American Airlines

Incredibly stupid on her part, although I don't see any actual threats so I don't expect a serious punishment for her.

"I was kidding pls don't" & "plus I'm a white girl".........wtf has that got anything to do w/being innocence?

What's the threat? What is the wording that states any action?

I'm from Afghanistan and I'm "going to do something big". Tweeting that to the same airline whose aircraft were hijacked on 911 is 100% a threat.

And she claimed to be a member of Al Quida.

Reactions: 2 people
Not sure who is worse; this chick or Aldon Smith yelling bomb in an airport?

I'm from Afghanistan and I'm "going to do something big". Tweeting that to the same airline whose aircraft were hijacked on 911 is 100% a threat.

And she claimed to be a member of Al Quida.

Saying "I'm going to do something big" is not an actual threat even though we might infer that. A good lawyer in America would probably get it tossed.

It's a good thing there was not Twitter and other sites when I was young--I would probably have gotten in trouble.

Reactions: 1 person
Puts the police in a tough spot. They act and people criticize them for overreacting. They let it go, once in a thousand she does something, and the authorities are criticized for not stopping it.

Reactions: 1 person
Another example of why you shouldn't give your kids cell phones and/or allow them to have social media accounts.

Reactions: 2 people
Saying "I'm going to do something big" is not an actual threat even though we might infer that. A good lawyer in America would probably get it tossed.

Claiming to be in Al Qaeda and saying you'll "do something big" is an unmistakeable threat.

US Airways is really wishing this story will get back in the headlines right about now.

VN Store

Back