Reason government is out of control #5423564236721

Grand Vol

Official VN Armorer
Lab Rat
So imagine you're waiting on your tax refund to come rolling in after dutifully paying them for your life and suddenly get informed your refunds from both the federal and state governments are being confiscated to recoup the loss of something your parents were responsible for.

Social Security, Treasury target taxpayers for their parents’ decades-old debts - The Washington Post

Across the nation, hundreds of thousands of taxpayers who are expecting refunds this month are instead getting letters like the one Grice got, informing them that because of a debt they never knew about — often a debt incurred by their parents — the government has confiscated their check.

The Treasury Department has intercepted $1.9 billion in tax refunds already this year — $75 million of that on debts delinquent for more than 10 years, said Jeffrey Schramek, assistant commissioner of the department’s debt management service. The aggressive effort to collect old debts started three years ago — the result of a single sentence tucked into the farm bill lifting the 10-year statute of limitations on old debts to Uncle Sam.

Well, don't that beat all!! They should go after all those in Congress that haven't paid their taxes as well.

Al sharptons action network owes millions in back taxes since 2006.. Maybe they could start with his pompous ass! And let's not forget ole Charlie Rangel as well..

Reactions: 3 people
They listened to this guy:

RichardGartland-545x240.jpg

meanwhile the Potus and AG go speak to a group who has been delinquent in their taxes for years (around $2mil for 8yrs). Hope they asked for a check from the dear Rev once they were done

Reactions: 3 people
Does it matter what race you are or should we assume some races parents didn't owe taxes?

Looks like they're ruining the stereotype. Barry will show them.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't think their process will survive judicial scrutiny.

Too bad someone has to go through the hassle of suing to get there.

Does it matter what race you are or should we assume some races parents didn't owe taxes?

Looks like they're ruining the stereotype. Barry will show them.

Actually, the person in the original article:

GQ7A62151396871964.jpg

Can't say this is all about race. What it is about is a government out of control, punishing the children for the sins of their parents and out of control government agencies.

But sure, they aren't going to go after the PACs and staunch supporters of DNC candidates. You don't bite the hand that feeds you or in this case hands you money.

What a bizarre thing.

I don't have a problem with the IRS seeking back debts if its within the statute of limitations. But for other people's debts? That's just wrong.

Reactions: 1 person
And of course the VolNation discussion quickly turns to race.

Predictable.

my comment had nothing to do with race but rather govt in general. It just happens to be in the news that Obama/Holder were at a NAN meeting and that group has owed back taxes for years. I also have no idea of the race of those being targeted by the IRS so you can't tell if it's racial or not.

but when all else fails play the race card

Reactions: 2 people
The first four people mentioned in this thread as being villains were all black.

Purely coincidental, I'm sure.

or simply relevant because of their recent speaking engagements. Just because the Potus is black doesn't mean every comment is racial in nature.

What a bizarre thing.

I don't have a problem with the IRS seeking back debts if its within the statute of limitations. But for other people's debts? That's just wrong.

Problem being the Legislative Branch is the one that wrote that into law. A rider in a farm bill of all things.

And of course, nobody knows exactly how it got there.

No, sounds like overzealous staff interpreting this new statute. Can be fixed and I imagine after the news coverage will be re-examined.

There is no misinterpretation here:

31 U.S. Code § 3716 - Administrative offset | LII / Legal Information Institute

(e) (1) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, regulation, or administrative limitation, no limitation on the period within which an offset may be initiated or taken pursuant to this section shall be effective.

Removed the statutes of limitation in it's entirety. They could go back 200 years if they want.

VN Store

Back