TN Senate passes bill that allows handgun owners to openly carry (merged)

good i want have to pay for a concealed permit then

I can get a rig just like Matt Dillon :)

Since the Great Smokey Mountain National Park adheres to Tennessee Gun laws (at least on the Tennessee side), would this apply to the park as well?

Virginia (at least in the 80's) allowed open carry without a permit. See no reason why it would be a problem.

Since the Great Smokey Mountain National Park adheres to Tennessee Gun laws (at least on the Tennessee side), would this apply to the park as well?

That's an interesting question. At first blush it would seem that would be the case. If you're legally carrying in TN then one should still be doing so even if inside the park. In fact I'm not sure how else it could work.

How would this work in your car. Would you have to have the firearm in plain site will in your car?

We need to be making it harder to get guns and legally carry them, not easier. This state is run by the most idiotic people on the face of the earth.

Flame away...

Reactions: 3 people
States that currently allow open carry without a license/permit:

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Delaware
Idaho
Kentucky
Mississippi
Montana
Nevada
New Mexico
North Carolina
Ohio
South Dakota
Vermont
Virginia
Wyoming

Reactions: 1 person
States that currently allow open carry without a license/permit:

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Delaware
Idaho
Kentucky
Mississippi
Montana
Nevada
New Mexico
North Carolina
Ohio
South Dakota
Vermont
Virginia
Wyoming

add Kansas to that list. They passed the law yesterday.

Reactions: 1 person

it will probably be under Federal Regulations at a guess since it is under the U.S. Department of the Interior,i assume there rules would over ride the States

I was thinking Doc Holliday

i was watching a Glen ford movie on Starzs Western Channel

he looked pretty good on the draw,a little know fact about him,he was suppose to be one of the fastest drawing a gun,they had timed him and i forget how fast,now as to whether he could hit a barn or not,I don't know

it will probably be under Federal Regulations at a guess since it is under the U.S. Department of the Interior,i assume there rules would over ride the States

A couple years ago the Feds passed a law letting the parks decide. Since then most all parks agreed to abide by the laws of the states they were in.

I'm not excited about this and I'm a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment

I will need to read up more before I give my true opinion

I know it will put more stress on LE when having to deal with it on a day to day basis

VN Store

Back