And .... Jeb Bush takes himself out of the running.

No he didn't. He straddled the line well. He says
There should be a price paid
But also stresses that the reasoning isn't malicious. He didn't advocate amnesty or any other specific position in that statement. It will appeal to Latinos while placating (or being overlooked entirely) by the hardcore immigration people.

I cannot stand the Bush family. I really think the father had a role in the Kennedy assassination.

No he didn't. He straddled the line well. He says
But also stresses that the reasoning isn't malicious. He didn't advocate amnesty or any other specific position in that statement. It will appeal to Latinos while placating (or being overlooked entirely) by the hardcore immigration people.

Not good enough. His primary foes are going to be all over this and every time he's interviewed its going to come up. Being dismissive of it in any way, i.e., "Well, its not a felony" just will not go over with the far right, which is driving the bus currently.

Reactions: 1 person
Impeach!

(no wait, that's your line and I'm not sure it applies here...)

Another Bush? Are the banks in need of bailing out again? I thought they'd wait until at least 2024 to run him.

He's staking out I guess the moderate territory in the party. Didn't work for McCain or Romney, though, long term. The enthusiasm gap is a real factor in these things.

he has Joe Sixpack on speed dial and Joe don't want no immgrents taking his jawb. LG is clearly tapped in to the workings of the GOP

Ummm, I really don't think I'm going out on a limb here to say that Jeb's position on immigration is a non-starter for a substantial part of the GOP, particularly the base. The only question is whether he would be able to survive the sniping from the far right over this in the early primaries.

Romney and McCain managed to nail down the moderate center during the first primaries for '08 and '12, and to emerge with the nomination by the time the dust had settled.

Reactions: 2 people
As much as LG seems to obsess about the far right/GOP/Tea Party, I'm starting to think he's a closeted right winger.

Reactions: 2 people
Ummm, I really don't think I'm going out on a limb here to say that Jeb's position on immigration is a non-starter for a substantial part of the GOP, particularly the base. The only question is whether he would be able to survive the sniping from the far right over this in the early primaries.

Romney and McCain managed to nail down the moderate center during the first primaries for '08 and '12, and to emerge with the nomination by the time the dust had settled.

J6P approved! :good!:

Admit it LG, you want another Bush to run on the ticket because it gives the liberal networks something else to attack. Ignore the policies and ideas and focus on the name instead.

You want this more than anything I'd suspect.

Admit it LG, you want another Bush to run on the ticket because it gives the liberal networks something else to attack. Ignore the policies and ideas and focus on the name instead.

Do we want another Bush vs Clinton ticket?
I say no. These two families have "helped" America all they should, imo.

Dude, the other Bush made monumental increases to federal spending on socialized medicine and he won re-election. How long have you been around, man? You greatly underestimate the GOP's ability to ignore things they don't like in their candidates.

All he has to do is pick Ohio Gov John Kasich as his running mate and that locks up Fla and Ohio!

Actually, I think that of the Bushes Jeb has the most respect from the "liberal networks" as the smartest of the bunch. And on many issues he is pretty moderate, if not liberal.

Heck, just look at the reactions to him in this thread. Seems like its the right that doesn't care for him.

Actually, I think that of the Bushes Jeb has the most respect from the "liberal networks" as the smartest of the bunch. And on many issues he is pretty moderate, if not liberal.

Heck, just look at the reactions to him in this thread. Seems like its the right that doesn't care for him.

Oh, you're a funny guy! You completely miss the point I was making. The "liberal networks" as you say don't and won't care about his policies. They will see the (R) behind his name and attack him no matter what he stands on. And far be it from MSNBC to NOT start including stats from GWB's Administration and making the comparison. Don't say they "like" him at all if he was to go up against their chosen candidate.

Please refrain from making such silly comments again. Coffee coming out my nose is not a pleasant feeling.

Oh, you're a funny guy! You completely miss the point I was making. The "liberal networks" as you say don't and won't care about his policies. They will see the (R) behind his name and attack him no matter what he stands on. And far be it from MSNBC to NOT start including stats from GWB's Administration and making the comparison. Don't say they "like" him at all if he was to go up against their chosen candidate.

Please refrain from making such silly comments again. Coffee coming out my nose is not a pleasant feeling.

Well in that respect I suppose you are right. Yes, if it were indeed Bush vs. Clinton I imagine a lot of people would be drawing on the nations collective memory of how things were under the former presidencies of both.

A sort of "Were we better off under Bill or George?" kind of a thing.

Yeah, I can see that.

Exactly. It's hilarious to think LG or anyone left wing would show Jeb Bush any respect if he actually ran. Remember the left used to fawn over McCain, and that went out the window once he ran for President.

Do we want another Bush vs Clinton ticket?
I say no. These two families have "helped" America all they should, imo.

I think it's a foregone conclusion Hillary will run unless she doesn't want to. And the GOP nomination is will up in the air on which way the political winds will blow. If you believe the fundamental shift in the conservative movement hasn't moved further right in a majority fashion, you are blind.

So choosing a candidate that can appeal to both sides of the base (Paul, Jindal, Walker, etc) compared to a candidate that only appeals to a single side of the base (Ryan, Bush, Cruz, etc) is going to be the key.

VN Store

Back