Our democracy has always been for sale: now only the super rich can afford it

lawgator1

Supreme Court 5-4 (guess which 5?) just gutted campaign finance reform. The only people happier than the billionaires are the GOP reps and Senators who are going to get all the money.

Reactions: 2 people
Supreme Court 5-4 (guess which 5?) just gutted campaign finance reform. The only people happier than the billionaires are the GOP reps and Senators who are going to get all the money.

Hmmm, guess nobody in the DNC ever gets campaign contributions.

No, wait....

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

Kind of blows your theory out of the water when 10 out of the top 15 donors are supporters of the DNC.

Reactions: 6 people
Jesus Christmas, can you read?

It works both ways you know. Now that the political donors are unencumbered by the law, they will be free to donate significant funds to their favorite candidate...

REGARDLESS OF PARTY!

But as your top political donors lean democratic, this helps who more?

It works both ways you know. Now that the political donors are unencumbered by the law, they will be free to donate significant funds to their favorite candidate...

REGARDLESS OF PARTY!

You can't read. That's a shame.

Go back to the link you posted. Seriously.

Reactions: 1 person

REGARDLESS OF PARTY!

They can't win with a level playing field, hence the outrage!

Annual caps are still in place and low.

This removes the aggregate giving over time cap for individuals.

You should be cheering this since it is expected to decrease funneling money through SuperPACs or shadowy organizations as you like to call them.

They can't win with a level playing field, hence the outrage!

Reguardless of what political party/ politican you would fight to the death for; our democracy is being controlled by mass amounts of money. Less restrictions= more money for special interests that do not represent the vote that we go out and cast. Plain and simple.

Everyone wants to ***** about a bloated government and how wasteful it is but sit back and watch things like this happen. I wish they would outlaw money in politics PERIOD.

Reactions: 2 people
Does it piss anyone off when a problem with a million dollars behind it gets a bill passed a lot faster than a problem that you or I express concern over?

It happens every single day behind closed doors in plush offices that are furnished with the money that you and I make every single day.

I'm sick of it and this ruling shows exactly how far off the path of a free society we have gotten. Free speech is now considered dollar bills, yet to protest the keystone pipeline people have to fill out forms and obtain a permit. What a joke, I pray that our citizens start to look at one another and realize we are all in this together. I don't care wether you believe liberals are the devil or not. The real threat to our lives is this type of garbage controlling our representives.

Last edited:
Ok, I can go for this, just how would that work?

It's 2014, news and ideas travel faster than sound. So tell me why is it that we need millions of hidden dollars to be anywhere near supposedly "neutral and fair" representives to get the job done.

I honestly can't figure out why our representives haven't started pimping out their donors like nascar drivers.

VN Store

Back