Senator Dianne Feinstein Rips The CIA

Gramps

Dianne Feinstein: CIA May Have Violated Constitution - Business Insider

Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said during a stunning speech the Senate floor Tuesday morning that the Central Intelligence Agency may have broken the law and violated the Constitution by searching a*stand-alone computer network established for Congress.*

Feinstein accused the CIA of searching the congressional network in January, during the Senate Intelligence Committee's ongoing investigation into the agency's detention and interrogation programs under President George W. Bush.*

Feinstein said the matter has been referred to the Department of Justice for possible criminal prosecution.

"I have grave concerns that the CIA search may well have violated the separation of powers principles," Feinstein said. She added that she was "not taking it lightly," insinuating it was an attempt at intimidation.

she's only outraged because it involved people like her. The privacy of her communications deserves no more protection than those of every other citizen

Reactions: 4 people
This is what happens when you vote in favor of things like the Patriot Act and it comes back to haunt you. While the NSA has been at the forefront of this domestic surveillance, it would embolden other government agencies to step a little more over the line.

Sorry, but she gets what she deserves.

It's cool until it's done on us. Just like the ACA. All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

Reactions: 3 people
The CIA will investigate the investigators.

I thought domestic spying was the NSA's job?

This is what happens when you vote in favor of things like the Patriot Act and it comes back to haunt you. While the NSA has been at the forefront of this domestic surveillance, it would embolden other government agencies to step a little more over the line.

Sorry, but she gets what she deserves.

The Patriot Act is another bill that show both sides are the same. It passed the house 357-66 and the senate 98-1.

We have a nation full of uninformed lazy voters that vote for every R or D or make their decision via sound bites . It doesnt take that long to do a little research.

Reactions: 2 people
•Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps. (Feb 2011)
•Voted YES on reauthorizing the PATRIOT Act. (Mar 2006)

We have a nation full of uninformed lazy voters that vote for every R or D or make their decision via sound bites . It doesnt take that long to do a little research.

Not sure what this has to do with anything. When Congress passed the PATRIOT Act, politicians were just mirroring the frightened nature of the public.

Not sure what this has to do with anything. When Congress passed the PATRIOT Act, politicians were just mirroring the frightened nature of the public.

I would have to imagine it's the outrage that someone dare snoop on her computer systems!

Yet, shows no outrage when they do it to you or me.

I share the cynicism of the commentary in this thread.

On another note - wonder whatever happened to the computer hacking deal with Sharyl Attkinson of CBS. time for a little research

EDIT: CBS confirmed she was hacked in the Fall. They said they are investigating but no new updates. Coincidentally, she just resigned from CBS yesterday

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
as an aside, Diane is looking a little tired, maybe she needs to ask Pelosi for advice on a good plastic surgeon

The CIA had an office in Knoxville for many years. They operated undercover as the Department of Navy. I always thought that cover was rather humorous but possibly it was a vague reference to the Vol Navy. Their office was located at Papermill and I40.

They are no longer there but most likely have relocated. The CIA spying on American citizens in the US is illegal.

The CIA had an office in Knoxville for many years. They operated undercover as the Department of Navy. I always thought that cover was rather humorous but possibly it was a vague reference to the Vol Navy. Their office was located at Papermill and I40.

They are no longer there but most likely have relocated. The CIA spying on American citizens in the US is illegal.

You have something to hide?

Maybe you should run that by your fascist liberal pals like Dianne Feinswine and Barbie Boxer.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back