The Iceland Blueprint

Snow shovel ready jobs ....Spending their way into prosperity ...wonder where I've heard that before...

Anyone really want to trust anything Iceland does? Didn't work out so well last time

The Iceland government paid off consumer loans??? That will teach your citizens to not borrow more than they can afford.

Anyone really want to trust anything Iceland does? Didn't work out so well last time

Hmmm...bailout the people by writing off debt and arresting bankers or bailout the banks?

Neither one is a really good option, but right now, you can't dispute the results. Everyone else has tried it the other way and chosen austerity and being slaves to banksters while their economies tank.

We'll see in a few more years which choice proves to be the right one.

How much private debt could all the money Barry's wasted have paid off???

Iceland has such a small, insular economy that its experience may not be terribly instructive to the outside.

That said, I believe if the financial bailout had focused more on the people with mortgages rather than the banks who lent them, it would have generate more aggregate demand in the economy.

Iceland has such a small, insular economy that its experience may not be terribly instructive to the outside.

That said, I believe if the financial bailout had focused more on the people with mortgages rather than the banks who lent them, it would have generate more aggregate demand in the economy.

If they had just got out of the way and let nature take its course that would have been the best answer. The masterminds in government always make things worse.

If they had just got out of the way and let nature take its course that would have been the best answer. The masterminds in government always make things worse.

Job justification at its finest.

Got to take care of the guys who pay the lobby's first.

Ok I lived in Iceland so a few things.

First off the country produces NOTHING. Well, besides sheep milk, fish jerky, and wool sweaters, NOTHING. Everything is imported. The cost of living when I was there was astronomically. A nice shanty in Keflavik would run you $400,000. People who worked as fry cooks at Wendys made $15 an hour starting off. A six pack of beer could cost around $45 if you were getting anything not from Iceland (Their beer is good though). They have an economy based on fantasy money.

They do have hot chicks in Iceland, the inbreeding is super hard core there, most of the guys are gay..must be the inbreeding? Everyone has bad eye sight as well..and they all are named Gunar.

And that chick was British...if she was Icelandic speaking English you would hear no accent.

And her last name would be Gunarsdottir.

Expect ISIS to attack Iceland in the near future... The Western Banksters won't tolerate this for very long.

Iceland Has Offered Foreign Bondholders A "Choice": Sell Now, Or Have Cash Impounded Indefinitely

How long until an attack on Iceland isn't because of this? Because ISIS has made it pretty clear everyone is on their list. so if its 1 year from now is it still because Iceland kicked out some foreign money holders? On the opposite side I wouldn't expect the attack for at least a month.

So can we agree on principle that if Iceland is attacked in 6 months that it is because of this and anything after is ISIS being ISIS?

How long until an attack on Iceland isn't because of this? Because ISIS has made it pretty clear everyone is on their list. so if its 1 year from now is it still because Iceland kicked out some foreign money holders? On the opposite side I wouldn't expect the attack for at least a month.

So can we agree on principle that if Iceland is attacked in 6 months that it is because of this and anything after is ISIS being ISIS?

I don't think you can put a timeline on the machinations of the bankers. I suspect the terrorism route would be the last resort anyway. I'd expect extensive litigation through a global organization like the WTO. If that doesn't work, I'd expect the bankers to mess with their money in the currency markets. Heck if Iceland is a big enough pain, they may even skip the lone terrorist option and start the full propaganda press to label it as a rogue nation with an evil government that requires regime change. Of course I'm half kidding.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think you can put a timeline on the machinations of the bankers. I suspect the terrorism route would be the last resort anyway. I'd expect extensive litigation through a global organization like the WTO. If that doesn't work, I'd expect the bankers to mess with their money in the currency markets. Heck if Iceland is a big enough pain, they may even skip the lone terrorist option and start the full propaganda press to label it as a rogue nation with an evil government that requires regime change. Of course I'm half kidding.

The banks will take their $$$ at gun-point and call it reparations for the Viking raping, pillaging and extortion of our European forefathers.

Ok so we can expect the banker/terrorism link to come into play AFTER the bankers have done everything they can? Open ended predictions like this mean nothing. Like most prophesy you keep it vague and open enough where it has to be true. Like Nostradamus "at some point the worlds greatest nation will be attacked from across the oceans by an outside threat" = 9/11. At some vague time in the future Iceland will be attacked by terrorists and it will be because of the bankers.

Even if the attacks happen there still isn't anything to link the two. and if the bankers go full blow on it and weaken Iceland that could make them a soft target for ISIS/next terrorist organization.

VN Store

Back