Gas prices plummeting

Less people going to work = less demand.

Plus prices drop almost every winter then go back up in the spring.

Reactions: 6 people
Maybe I missed it, but what change to our economic policies is driving this drop in prices? Is it possibly a market driven change?

Reactions: 2 people
Mods - please merge with unemployment numbers are getting better due to seasonal hiring thread.

actually this is important info. I encourage everyone to fill up on their way home before the inevitable rise in prices that LG has now caused

when gas prices spiked after Katrina, it was Bush's cozy relationship with his buddies in the oil industry, when they fell below $2/gallon at the end of his 2nd term, it was due to the economic collapse

they have remained persistently high during Obama's first 5 years in office and we're supposed to hail a temporary dip below $3/gallon as evidence his economic policies are working?

Reactions: 4 people
actually this is important info. I encourage everyone to fill up on their way home before the inevitable rise in prices that LG has now caused

Actually, I don't think anyone outside of VN gives LG any attention at all... and we only do so for the amusement.

The reality is that gas prices typically increase prior to Memorial Day and remain high for the summer, and then typically drop again going into winter. Wouldn't surprise me at all if LG hasn't started this exact same thread in prior years.

Reactions: 1 person
when gas prices spiked after Katrina, it was Bush's cozy relationship with his buddies in the oil industry, when they fell below $2/gallon at the end of his 2nd term, it was due to the economic collapse

they have remained persistently high during Obama's first 5 years in office and we're supposed to hail a temporary dip below $3/gallon as evidence his economic policies are working?

Yes. #musthanghatonsomething#

I seem to remember the same thoughts on "high" gas prices being on W. Then after the prices remained "high" under Obama we were told "well the POTUS really doesn't have anything to do with gas prices."

Maybe I missed it, but what change to our economic policies is driving this drop in prices? Is it possibly a market driven change?

Possibly.

You may be onto the fact that a president only has a marginal influence on gas prices.

Of course that wouldn't stop the outrage here if gas prices were high . . . .

Three bucks is still too high. But you're a complete idiot if you think Obama's policies are aiding any reduction in gas prices.

Reactions: 3 people
Gas price correlate mostly with the economy. But that's long term, and short term, who knows. If this is due to Iran talks, which I think is the obvious candidate, good for Obama. If it's a part of a long term economic trend, bad for Obama.

I liked every post except helium vol and LG.

Keep it up boys. I want to see if I can run out.

Well, that's got to be a new land speed record for people coming in to bash Obama over something new. I imagine if Romney had won you would all be touting how these lower prices are to Romney's credit.

Reactions: 4 people
Well, that's got to be a new land speed record for people coming in to bash Obama over something new. I imagine if Romney had won you would all be touting how these lower prices are to Romney's credit.

The POTUS has nothing to do with the gas prices. I expect you know this. Romney would have sucked almost as bad as Barry

The keystone would be underway, and those 50% of federal lands your guy won't open up would be.

So what exactly was the point of your OP other than to troll for responses?

Worth noting that oil is still $95/barrel.

The only way gas prices are going to "plummet" is if we have another global recession.

So what exactly was the point of your OP other than to troll for responses?

I expected some of you to congratulate him, in light of the new jobs numbers, gas prices coming down, the stock market doing well, and the various other indicators of increasing growth as we move into 2014.

At the current rate of improvement, come 2016, you will all be pretty hard pressed to justify all of your complaints when we may be looking at the single greatest improvement in the economy under this one president more than any other.

VN Store

Back