Good economic news

You neglected to mention that the UE numbers ticked up..im sure that was an oversight on your part.

Reactions: 5 people
Seasonal. Look at who hired. The article doesnt mention that at least half or more of the jobs are part time.

Even better are the democrat libtard comments on that article. It appears that anyone who likes Obama has literally zero understanding on how the government works, let alone the economy.

My favorite is "Do you like the Bush Depression better or the Obama Recovery"..

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
What's happening in the next 60 days?

Oh Christmas! Same story every year, seasonal hiring.

In October?

You can do better than that.

ML0cVge.gif

Reactions: 3 people
I doubt the admin will use the UE number going up to distract from ACA. Although it is less of a failure

claiming good economic news while the govt is still pumping billions a month is kinda funny

Reactions: 1 person

It's October. Retail hires their season workers then..trains them up for the shopping season that starts in November and lasts till January-ish. I don't have a link..thought that was common knowledge. The amusement parts will begin to hire heavy part time workers in Jan/Feb and lay them off at summer time.

It's October. Retail hires their season workers then..trains them up for the shopping season that starts in November and lasts till January-ish. I don't have a link..thought that was common knowledge. The amusement parts will begin to hire heavy part time workers in Jan/Feb and lay them off at summer time.

Soooo .... I'm guessing no link? Other than as usual just talkin' out your azz?

I do believe LG is trying to post as many video clips as GS did pictures.

Soooo .... I'm guessing no link? Other than as usual just talkin' out your azz?

Don't really need a link to tell you that Thanksgiving signals the big shopping season of the year and that companies hire part timer "seasonal"workers who then get laid off after the season is over..

bu there you go..

Seasonal hiring trends up | TribLIVE

and here:
Ho Ho Holiday Hiring Heats Up - Here's the Scoop on Seasonal Work Trends | The Hiring SiteThe Hiring Site

and here:
More Elves, Different Jobs: Seasonal Retail Hiring Shifts to Warehouse Labor as Consumers Shop Online - MonsterWorking

and here:
seasonal-hiring.jpg

Siap
meanwhile, only 62.8% of americans over age 16 either had a job or looked for one. That's the lowest level since march 1978.
Economists also believe this number was impacted by furloughed federal employees but nevertheless, it has been hovering around the lowest levels since the 1970s for months.

Less than 2/3rds of people over 16 work or are seeking work - holy crap we are screwed

oh damn - good economic news indeed!

Heidi Shierholz, an economist with the Economic Policy Institute, estimates roughly six million workers are missing from the labor force, and if these workers started looking for work again, the unemployment rate would be closer to 11%.

Of course they won't start looking for work since Team Obama wants them on the dole.

VN Store

Back