National Security Agency Surveillance

You're going on the "list" for making that comment comrade.

Obama_Communist_Red.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
Greenland.

Good one. Our interests include monitoring the sea lanes and routes from the Artic (Russian Navy etc), oil and other natural resources. Probably just need to check on it occasionally through the Embassy in Denmark. Doesn't need a lot of resources, but we can't completely ignore anyone.

There are a lot of them. Why should we have surveillance on normal citizens of any country, including ours? Especially our allies...

If you have a better way to find the few who want to attack us, I'm all ears. There are a lot of people you can leave out, but you have to have a process to sort it out. They live among our allies, sometimes are known by our allies and often appear to be simply normal citizens.

606_london_bombers2050081722-10077.jpg

images

Good one. Our interests include monitoring the sea lanes and routes from the Artic (Russian Navy etc), oil and other natural resources. Probably just need to check on it occasionally through the Embassy in Denmark. Doesn't need a lot of resources, but we can't completely ignore anyone.

So why are we spying on Angela Merkel or German citizens?

If you have a better way to find the few who want to attack us, I'm all ears. There are a lot of people you can leave out, but you have to have a process to sort it out. They live among our allies, sometimes are known by our allies and often appear to be simply normal citizens.

606_london_bombers2050081722-10077.jpg

images

If I'm not mistaken, those were taken from private security cameras located outside of businesses.

Again, why are we recording phone calls of citizens of our country and others that have committed no crimes?

Reactions: 2 people
If I'm not mistaken, those were taken from private security cameras located outside of businesses.

Again, why are we recording phone calls of citizens of our country and others that have committed no crimes?

And copying contact lists from emails much less copying emails themselves.

Privacy is an illusion....it has been for a while. It isn't going to get any better.

So why are we spying on Angela Merkel or German citizens?

Because they have national interests that are both public and private, control the bulk of European military and economic power and could easily take measures to thwart US national interests. Merkel knows that we spy on her and her government and also has people spying on us. It is part of the game we all play. She is currently better at shaping the message than our national leaders, especially Clapper and Obama.

Off the top of my head, here are a few things we should be concerned about:

What are their (true) long term plans in Central Asia?

Will they uphold NATO obligations?

Will they decide to change the direction of the EU in a way that hurts the US Economy?

Do they intend to upset the balance between Russia, Former Soviet States and the US or its' interests?

The point is the guys who bombed the train in London and the guys who bombed the Boston Marathon look a lot like normal citizens.

VN Store

Back