The Red Line: Part Deux

Reactions: 4 people
BBC News - Syria conflict: 'Chemical attacks' kill hundreds

Major chemical attack reported in Syria just a few hours ago. Unconfirmed reports say between 500 to 1,300 people, including women and children, have been murdered. The UNSC will be meeting later this afternoon as well. If confirmed wonder what the White House will do?

Hopefully nothing.

Why the difference in outrage for killing 500-1,300 people with a chemical weapon vs killing the same number using a conventional bomb?

I'll ask again (rhetorically) - does anyone know what our strategy or even specific goals are with regard to Syria?

Are we indeed arming anyone? Who? With what? What are the measurables? What indicates progress (whatever that is) is being made?

I'll ask again (rhetorically) - does anyone know what our strategy or even specific goals are with regard to Syria?

Are we indeed arming anyone? Who? With what? What are the measurables? What indicates progress (whatever that is) is being made?

The POTUS doesn't know, how can we?

Reason I bring this up is to see if the POTUS can talk his way back from his earlier comments about intervention if it is confirmed.

It appears our strategy was to draw a line in the sand and HOPE no one crosses it. If they do we jist have to live with it. Of all the things that has happened during the Obama Administration, Syria has been the worse, imo. A superpower does not draw a line then run.

lots of questions about the legitimacy of these reports. Most are around the timing since it makes little sense to use them now

Reason I bring this up is to see if the POTUS can talk his way back from his earlier comments about intervention if it is confirmed.

He can't - his supporters won't care. Meanwhile we lose a bit more influence globally.

Good thing or bad thing? I don't know but the problem with lines in the sand or red lines or whatever is that you have to back them up or future ones are meaningless.

I'll ask again.

Why the difference in outrage for killing 500-1300 people with chemical weapons than doing it with a conventional bomb?

Both are just weapons with the sole purpose of killing.

Reactions: 1 person
This just in, Barry to give an update on his latest vacation followed by a firm scolding for those responsible for the chemical weapons attacks.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back