CIA Admits Involvement in Iran Coup, Sixty Years On

OMG's Bastard Son

This is precisely why Iran has hated us all these years. The USA is not always the "good guy." This is one example.

Sixty years ago on Monday a coup in Iran shook the Middle East.

The democratically elected Iranian Prime Minister at the time, Dr Mossadeq, was overthrown, paving the way for Mohammad Reza Pahlavi to return to the country as the Shah.

Now for the first time, the CIA has officially acknowledged its own role in the coup, releasing documents that detail America's hand in the events.

The BBC Persian's Khashayar Joneidi reports.

BBC News - CIA admits involvement in Iran Coup, sixty years on

Whatever, it's all on them. Look how close they built their country to our military bases:

usbasesme.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Those mooslum bastards!

They built their country around our military bases. That made me smile. Great response!!!

I will never excuse the Iranians for the hostage crisis in '79. But at least rational people (which excludes the wingnuts) can at least understand their anger at the time. We helped overthrow a legitimately elected President and replaced him with our puppet who proceeded to exploit the nation's wealth for his own personal benefit and murder anyone who opposed him. And then we gave him save haven when the Iranians had finally had enough.

Imagine how we would feel if Iran had done the same to us.

They built their country around our military bases. That made me smile. Great response!!!

I will never excuse the Iranians for the hostage crisis in '79. But at least rational people (which excludes the wingnuts) can at least understand their anger at the time. We helped overthrow a legitimately elected President and replaced him with our puppet who proceeded to exploit the nation's wealth for his own personal benefit and murder anyone who opposed him. And then we gave him save haven when the Iranians had finally had enough.

Imagine how we would feel if Iran had done the same to us.

Years of bad foreign policy is what has got us to this point in history. Frankly, I'd just rather leave the Middle-East completely and forgot about them. We need to focus on Americans.

Reactions: jacdaniels
Years of bad foreign policy is what has got us to this point in history. Frankly, I'd just rather leave the Middle-East completely and forgot about them. We need to focus on Americans.

But you and I both know that "ain't" (to use redneck ebonics) gonna happen as long as our county is dependent on oil. All the more reason to invest in alternative energy sources so we can leave the ME for good.

But you and I both know that "ain't" (to use redneck ebonics) gonna happen as long as our county is dependent on oil. All the more reason to invest in alternative energy sources so we can leave the ME for good.

True. I'm all for getting off of Middle-Eastern oil; be it drilling locally here, nuclear, alternate/renewable energy, or a combination of all of those.

This is my kind of thread

I thought you would like it. What the United States did to Iran in '53 is inexcusable, just as taking innocent people hostage by Iran was. But at least now, rational people realize that the Iranian students anger in '79 was based on the USA meddling in their affairs. The Shaw was a ruthless killer and our puppet.

I thought you would like it. What the United States did to Iran in '53 is inexcusable, just as taking innocent people hostage by Iran was. But at least now, rational people realize that the Iranian students anger in '79 was based on the USA meddling in their affairs. The Shaw was a ruthless killer and our puppet.

Yet we haven't realized our mistakes: First propping up Hosni Mubarak and now turning a blind eye to the Egyptian military.

Some things never change.

Reactions: 2 people

The US really ****ed **** up in 53. If Mossadegh continued his leadership, who knows how more well off Iran would have been. But hell I take the shahs regime anyday over the ayatollahs. We ****ed ourselves in 79 with that revolution. You know you screwed up a revolution when you have less rights after the revolution than before. But yeah Iran and the US have a long history of resentment which practically started with what was in the end a horrible coup.

The US really ****ed **** up in 53. If Mossadegh continued his leadership, who knows how more well off Iran would have been. But hell I take the shahs regime anyday over the ayatollahs. We ****ed ourselves in 79 with that revolution. You know you screwed up a revolution when you have less rights after the revolution than before. But yeah Iran and the US have a long history of resentment which practically started with what was in the end a horrible coup.

I couldn't agree more. You are spot on.

Iran has so much to offer the world. It would be nice if our two countries could resolve their mutual enmity. We were once friends. Hopefully, with the election of Hassan Rouhani maybe we can begin to have a positive dialogue once again.

Iran has so much to offer the world. It would be nice if our two countries could resolve their mutual enmity. We were once friends. Hopefully, with the election of Hassan Rouhani maybe we can begin to have a positive dialogue once again.

Too bad he is a puppet to Khamenei and the Revolutionary Guards.

Yeah it's a beautiful country that has the potential to attract a lot of tourist with its history. But corrupt theocracies and idiot leaders ruined it.

I have a coworker who is Iranian. She is highly educated, speaks fluent English (as well as Farsi, Arabic, and Turkish) and is well versed on world history. I have learned a lot from her about Iran.

VN Store

Back