Anthony Weiner sexting AGAIN

New Yorkers get what they deserve if they elect Carlos Danger to be their next mayor.

Reactions: 1 person
What does any of this have to do with his platform and his policy proposals, if elected?

Nothing directly. However, it certainly shows a lack of judgement and integrity. I know that isn't at all uncommon in the political realm, but this guy is on a whole new level.

And he promised the girl a job and a condo in Chicago if she kept quiet. So, we can conclude that his mayoral staff might be assembled in a similar fashion.

And he promised the girl a job and a condo in Chicago if she kept quiet. So, we can conclude that his mayoral staff might be assembled in a
similar fashion.

Thought the condo was supposed to be a shackup pad...not a hush favor?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

And he promised the girl a job and a condo in Chicago if she kept quiet. So, we can conclude that his mayoral staff might be assembled in a similar fashion.

I'm not sure I care how he wants to assemble his staff. Again, I care about his platform and his policy agenda. If one disagrees with his platform, that is one thing; if one disagrees with how he runs his private life or how he decides to staff his office, that is wholly irrelevant.

Do we want good statesmen? Or, do we want some type of moral saints? Sure, they are not mutually exclusive, but the latter seem wholly irrelevant.

"Honest Abe" was largely responsible for radically altering the role of the Federal Government and for bringing way to much power and authority to the central government.

Martin Luther King, Jr., was a womanizer; but, he is largely responsible for bringing an end to apartheid in America.

And, of course, Hitler was an animal loving, teetotalling, monogamous individual. But, his public agenda brought hell to earth.

I don't know enough about Weiner's voting record or his platform to say whether or not he would make a good mayor. I do know, however, that we get rid of way too many qualified individuals in our government over trivial bull**** (Petraeus is a prime example), and then we complain that our government officials are incompetent.

The American public and electorate needs to get over the remnants of their puritanical past. Hell, the premier of Italy is one of the biggest philanderers out there; the premier of France has a "First Mistress". The only individuals that really give a **** about the private lives of American politicians are Americans, and we do so to our own detriment.

Thought the condo was supposed to be a shackup pad...not a hush favor?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Perhaps the condo was, but what about the job? If this is how he hires people, I think that definitely affects his policies and platform.

I'm not sure I care how he wants to assemble his staff. Again, I care about his platform and his policy agenda. If one disagrees with his platform, that is one thing; if one disagrees with how he runs his private life or how he decides to staff his office, that is wholly irrelevant.

Do we want good statesmen? Or, do we want some type of moral saints? Sure, they are not mutually exclusive, but the latter seem wholly irrelevant.

"Honest Abe" was largely responsible for radically altering the role of the Federal Government and for bringing way to much power and authority to the central government.

Martin Luther King, Jr., was a womanizer; but, he is largely responsible for bringing an end to apartheid in America.

And, of course, Hitler was an animal loving, teetotalling, monogamous individual. But, his public agenda brought hell to earth.

I don't know enough about Weiner's voting record or his platform to say whether or not he would make a good mayor. I do know, however, that we get rid of way too many qualified individuals in our government over trivial bull**** (Petraeus is a prime example), and then we complain that our government officials are incompetent.

The American public and electorate needs to get over the remnants of their puritanical past. Hell, the premier of Italy is one of the biggest philanderers out there; the premier of France has a "First Mistress". The only individuals that really give a **** about the private lives of American politicians are Americans, and we do so to our own detriment.

MLK was a womanizer? Learn skmething new everyday

Leaving morals out of the equation, the man still shows a serious lack of judgement, an inability to learn from mistakes, and proof that in the right circumstances he is corruptible (offering a job as a hush bribe). Not qualities I would be looking for in a public servant or an employee in the private sector.

If David Petreaus can't keep a job for having an affair due to security reasons, why should Weiner have it any differently? I realize that's an apples and oranges comparison, but I'm sure the Mayor of New York has access to things that shouldn't be compromised should someone decide to blackmail him.

Leaving morals out of the equation, the man still shows a serious lack of judgement, an inability to learn from mistakes, and proof that in the right circumstances he is corruptible (offering a job as a hush bribe). Not qualities I would be looking for in a public servant or an employee in the private sector.

1. You say you are leaving morals out of the question, and then you immediately say that he has made mistakes. Why is having an extramarital affair a mistake? Seems like the answer to that involves ethics and morality.

2. Are these the first qualities one ought to look for? Or, should they be conditions that might decide a tie? Basically, shouldn't one look at policy, voting record, etc., and if two candidates are nearly identical, then maybe move on to these other factors? When selecting an individual to make and execute policy, should non-policy related issues take priority over policy related issues? That seems absurd.

If David Petreaus can't keep a job for having an affair due to security reasons, why should Weiner have it any differently? I realize that's an apples and oranges comparison, but I'm sure the Mayor of New York has access to things that shouldn't be compromised should someone decide to blackmail him.

David Petreaus should have kept his job. The fact that he lost his job over such trivial nonsense is both comedic and tragic.

Trut... I am curious.

Do you hold the same views for someone you would hire to work for you, in a position that would be largely independent of direct oversight and responsible for a significantly large budget?

Reactions: 3 people
a married man with a pregnant wife (or just gave birth) trading political jobs/favors for sexual favors is relevant to their job. It also opens them up to all sorts of things if they want to keep stuff private. You don't need to be a Quaker but show some better judgement

1. You say you are leaving morals out of the question, and then you immediately say that he has made mistakes. Why is having an extramarital affair a mistake? Seems like the answer to that involves ethics and morality.

2. Are these the first qualities one ought to look for? Or, should they be conditions that might decide a tie? Basically, shouldn't one look at policy, voting record, etc., and if two candidates are nearly identical, then maybe move on to these other factors? When selecting an individual to make and execute policy, should non-policy related issues take priority over policy related issues? That seems absurd.

It was a mistake because it led to him losing his office (whether it is moral or not is a separate argument). He did the exact same thing again, and it cost him the office.... Again.

I agree with your second paragraph, but we differ in that I believe corruption and poor judgement to be related to executing policy. Derek Dooley had a policy and a platform of the continual pursuit of improvement, but his attributes (parallel to Weiner's corruption and poor judgement) negated any potential he had to execute that policy.

Trut... I am curious.

Do you hold the same views for someone you would hire to work for you, in a position that would be largely independent of direct oversight and responsible for a significantly large budget?

No.

1. I would not hire someone, anyone, for a position in which there was no oversight of any budget.

2. There is significant oversight for the budgets of both state and federal governments. So, if you are attempting to make an analogy, I fail to see how it holds.

Sometimes, I can't tell if you are simply trolling or you are serious.

It was a mistake because it led to him losing his office (whether it is moral or not is a separate argument). He did the exact same thing again, and it cost him the office.... Again.

I agree with your second paragraph, but we differ in that I believe corruption and poor judgement to be related to executing policy. Derek Dooley had a policy and a platform of the continual pursuit of improvement, but his attributes (parallel to Weiner's corruption and poor judgement) negated any potential he had to execute that policy.

Dooley was a poor coach. Is Weiner a poor statesman? If so, the criteria for making said evaluation would be matters of state, yes? Not his private life.

Sometimes, I can't tell if you are simply trolling or you are serious.

I'm dead serious. Further, I am saddened by the fact that I live among a society largely filled with individuals that care about such trivial nonsense.

If he cheats on his wife he will cheat on the public & can't be trusted to run a city the size of NY. He would be a big embarrassment to the city if he acts that way as mayor. They (politicians D-R) seem to get the big head & think they are above the law for some reason once they are elected to a position of trust. I think he's a weasel & can't find another job that anybody would hire him & trust on their payroll. So he keeps running for public office to have a job. I don't think he learned his lesson from his past screw ups for being a narcissistic blowhard politician.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'm dead serious. Further, I am saddened by the fact that I live among a society largely filled with individuals that care about such trivial nonsense.

Can you not move to France or Italy and thus comfort your sadness?

Would you, have a sexting relationship or an extra marital sexual relationship now that you are recently married?

a married man with a pregnant wife (or just gave birth) trading political jobs/favors for sexual favors is relevant to their job. It also opens them up to all sorts of things if they want to keep stuff private. You don't need to be a Quaker but show some better judgement

Agreed.

VN Store

Back