Are y'all for the legalization of marijuana and other drugs?

WoodstockVol

I'm for the legalization of marijuana I think people should be able to smoke it if they want to. The Gov't could also make huge amounts of money off of the taxes. I think the total legalization of drugs would be a good thing to think about. You could wipe out the Federal budget deficit off of the Federal and State taxes in a short period of time. You would also go a long way to destroying the drug cartels around the World.

Reactions: 4 people
I'd say at the very least that marajauna should be decriminalized. No one should serve any time in jail for it.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm for the legalization of marijuana I think people should be able to smoke it if they want to. The Gov't could also make huge amounts of money off of the taxes. I think the total legalization of drugs would be a good thing to think about. You could wipe out the Federal budget deficit off of the Federal and State taxes in a short period of time. You would also go a long way to destroying the drug cartels around the World.

This thread again......can we merge and bump?

The real questions is how have we allowed our gov to prosecute individuals for this and in some instances be put in prisons that ruin their lives?

Anyone else believe that our country is nothing more than a money making machine for individuals that have the power to control it?

The real questions is how have we allowed our gov to prosecute individuals for this and in some instances be put in prisons that ruin their lives?

Anyone else believe that our country is nothing more than a money making machine for individuals that have the power to control it?

It's become a police state that's for sure

Reactions: 1 person
Sure. Synthesized drugs I am on the fence about. Things like painkillers and what not need to be controlled. I had a good reminder why this week when a coworkers sister died at the age of 32 because of chronic pain killer abuse. Her liver shut down following the rest of her organs. Stuff you can OD on probably should remain illegal.

The Economics of Marijuana Legalization

45 to 100 billion. Just say it's the average 72.5 billion. Not going to balance any budget anytime soon or make a dent in the debt. Not saying I am for or against, just saying that the economic impact isn't going to change the country anytime soon.

Putting people in prison doesn't really make any money..it just drains the taxpayer.

Reactions: 1 person
The Economics of Marijuana Legalization

45 to 100 billion. Just say it's the average 72.5 billion. Not going to balance any budget anytime soon or make a dent in the debt. Not saying I am for or against, just saying that the economic impact isn't going to change the country anytime soon.

It won't completely fix, but it's a start. I am more interested in the decriminalization myself. You will reduce crime by defacto, but more importantly it will hurt organized crime such as the drug cartels.

Reactions: 2 people
Legalize marijuana and maybe cocaine.

Can't say I really see the good in legalizing stuff like heroin, meth, bath salts, etc. Just not sure about the more hardcore drugs

VN Store

Back