Edward Snowden: American Hero

One brave man. He knows what they are capable of and still choose to do it. Impressive

I can't even comprehend what he will go through. He just sacrificed his life for the American people in a way that most will never understand.

Reactions: 3 people
I can't even comprehend what he will go through. He just sacrificed his life for the American people in a way that most will never understand.

Indeed and the gov't will vilify him every way possible

Indeed and the gov't will vilify him every way possible

"Villify" will be a best case scenario. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of some horrible and fatal "accident" that he suffers in the coming months. BTW, we are probably all on some security watch list for posting in this forum and clicking on links.

"Villify" will be a best case scenario. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of some horrible and fatal "accident" that he suffers in the coming months. BTW, we are probably all on some security watch list for posting in this forum and clicking on links.

Oh I'm sure we are.

In an interview with him he mentions the possibility of the government using the Triads to get him (I imagine because he is in Hong Kong). That should be a real eye-opener as to the tactics these agencies will use.

A lot harder to make him disappear since he's publicly identified himself, smart move on his part.

Leaking classified information is not heroic. The only thing more disconcerting than Snoweden being hailed as a hero is how some people actually think that Anonymous is a good, noble "thing."

Leaking classified information is not heroic. The only thing more disconcerting than Snoweden being hailed as a hero is how some people actually think that Anonymous is a good, noble "thing."

And just who did he endanger by leaking info that essentially says the federal government feels it has the right to gather information on any individual in any manner they please?

He is more of a hero than the clown in the Oval Office.

Reactions: 4 people
And just who did he endanger by leaking info that essentially says the federal government feels it has the right to gather information on any individual in any manner they please?

He is more of a hero than the clown in the Oval Office.

Whether or not anyone was "endangered" by his actions is irrelevant; the man leaked classified information regarding a completely legal NSA program. That is the antithesis of heroic.

Reactions: 1 person
Whether or not anyone was "endangered" by his actions is irrelevant; the man leaked classified information regarding a completely legal NSA program. That is the antithesis of heroic.

No it isn't.

Are you 7?

If there was a classified program to kill a race of people in this country and someone let it out of the bag, then by your idiotic standards they'd be the antithesis of a hero.

Stupid.

Being classified or legal does nothing to make an act just.

Reactions: 12 people
If there was a classified program to kill a race of people in this country and someone let it out of the bag, then by your idiotic standards they'd be the antithesis of a hero.

Hmm... just out of curiosity, would a "classified program to kill a race of people in this country" be legal?

You know, legal... like I specified when I referenced the legality of the program?

No?

Oh, okay. So your statement makes no sense. Alright. Carry on then.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back