Agencies Run Amok

volinbham

VN GURU
We've seen over-reaching (and fortunately some reigning in by the courts) from the EPA, IRS, HHS, NLRB to name 4.

I'm sure there are plenty of others to add to the list.

Hooray for government!

You bet "hooray for government"!! Who else is there to protect us?

Just look & see who's running this country!! There will be more agencies that will come to light. We have yet to scratch the surface of corruption in this country.

Reactions: 1 person
expanding govt and lack of oversight (or just too intertwined). The US govt has become the place people go for life and retire with a nice egg once they're gone. It is no longer "for the people"

Lets start by letting the government sell the postal service to the highest bidder and get out of the message delivery service.

Reactions: 4 people
Lets start by letting the government sell the postal service to the highest bidder and get out of the message delivery service.

Postal service needs to go the way of the dinosaurs. It's totally unneeded now due to email and UPS/Fedex

Postal service needs to go the way of the dinosaurs. It's totally unneeded now due to email and UPS/Fedex

people and businesses still use the mail and actually USPS is cheaper to ship packages. The USPS could do just fine if it wasn't screwed by the requirements put on it by the govt

Reactions: 2 people
people and businesses still use the mail and actually USPS is cheaper to ship packages. The USPS could do just fine if it wasn't screwed by the requirements put on it by the govt
Exactly. Pension and exorbitant HC for lazy ass union members is the problem.

Reactions: 3 people

And union!

I agree it's still a viable business which is why they should put it up for sale. In the real world if a company had a business unit that wasn't profitable they would likely do the same. In the government's case, they just keep operating it at a loss at the taxpayer's expense.

I would not miss the USPS once bit if it was gone tomorrow. In fact, I could use that space on my lawn where the mailbox is.

I would not miss the USPS once bit if it was gone tomorrow. In fact, I could use that space on my lawn where the mailbox is.

Speaking of which, why don't they wear uniforms anymore? And why doesn't my mail deliverer speak English? Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with employing immigrants, but I would think English would be a requirement.

Exactly. Pension and exorbitant HC for lazy ass union members is the problem.

See the Big 3 automakers as well.....my dad retired from Ford and still gets news magazines on the company. Several years back an article pointed out that Ford was at a $1500 deficit per auto before production even began vs Toyota.

Speaking of which, why don't they wear uniforms anymore? And why doesn't my mail deliverer speak English? Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with employing immigrants, but I would think English would be a requirement.

Racist...imo

The only thing the USPS is good for is sending junk mail catalogs and credit card offers to my house. I could live without it. I do almost everything electronic anyway.

Another story that belongs here

Big-Bank Regulator Targets the Little Guy - Bloomberg

What Treece has learned in the past few years about the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, and how difficult it makes life for small firms like his family’s, should make your skin crawl. It is a story that perfectly illustrates how bureaucratic, imperial and hubristic Wall Street’s self- appointed, self-regulatory agency has become since it was formed five years ago.

I have written about Finra several times, particularly about how anyone who works on Wall Street or does business there signs away any legal redress relating to a financial squabble other than through the Finra-administered arbitration system.

Last edited:
“Unfortunately, you’ve grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s at the root of all our problems,” Mr. Obama told the crowd at the Ohio State commencement ceremony. “Some of these same voices also do their best to gum up the works; they’ll warn that tyranny is always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices.”

5/5/13

SEC nears decision on requiring businesses to disclose donations - The Hill's RegWatch

The Securities and Exchange Commission under new chief Mary Jo White is approaching a crucial decision on whether to require publicly traded corporations to disclose their campaign spending to shareholders.

If pursued, new disclosure rules could have major ramifications for both political spending on elections and the increasingly influential regulator.

Might want to hold off on that ruling, or not

“Unfortunately, you’ve grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s at the root of all our problems,” Mr. Obama told the crowd at the Ohio State commencement ceremony. “Some of these same voices also do their best to gum up the works; they’ll warn that tyranny is always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices.”

5/5/13

Seems like a great message to send to graduating college kids. Skip all that crap about hard work and innovation. Skip right ahead to the good stuff like the modern day wonders of the benevolent government. Is he capable of doing anything without turning it into a big political speech? What an idiot.

And the Obama administration knows nothing about nothing. we know nothing we learned of it for the first time. nla bla bla.. lol my god.. the keystone cops of administrations!

5/5/13

The conservative groups targeted by the IRS, the AP targeted by the DOJ, and the movie producer blamed for Benghazi agree it is a sinister entity.

VN Store

Back