I'll just leave this here

It's funny how we've made this term and completely vilified it. Isolated incidents where it goes too far absolutely should not overshadow how necessary "political correctness" is in so many ways. I sometimes get the impression that a good number of people just bash it because it's now socially unacceptable for them to be pricks to others.

And the context of RGIII's quote isn't exactly helping matters.

Reactions: 3 people
It's funny how we've made this term and completely vilified it. Isolated incidents where it goes too far absolutely should not overshadow how necessary "political correctness" is in so many ways. I sometimes get the impression that a good number of people just bash it because it's now socially unacceptable for them to be pricks to others.

Lmao, whatever dude...just keep getting offended then. That's all it is about. Someone's feelings got hurt. I've never seen so many adult crybabies. Only in the United States. And yes I've been to many other countries. I'm not a Redskins fan, but go Redskins....

Reactions: 2 people
RGIII is right. Wha Wha Wha. How come no one protests the Vikings? or if they do it doesn't make the news. It's a fricken name.

The whole concept of some sort of non offensive type of correctness that superceeds actual correctness is insane. If something is correct, it is correct regardless of its potential to be offensive. If something is incorrect, it is incorrect by virtue of it being false, not because it may have been offensive to somebody. There is correct and incorrect. Leave the "political" crutch out of it.

Reactions: 5 people

Serious question, are you a lesbian?

Reactions: 6 people
It seems that it may not be only in the US.

Hate speech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seriously, Wikipedia?....you, my friend, are a genius!
5 Native Americans are lobbying against the name Redskins. This happens every few years. So if myself and 4 friends decided theat we were offended by your name I guess you should have*it*changed. Someone else will pick ithe name for you. Get it? This crap is so petty. Yet people say redneck all day everyday. Hmmmmmm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Lmao, whatever dude...just keep getting offended then. That's all it is about. Someone's feelings got hurt. I've never seen so many adult crybabies. Only in the United States. And yes I've been to many other countries. I'm not a Redskins fan, but go Redskins....

in the UK you can be arrested for an insensitive tweet. Anyone in Germany making a statement that the holocaust didn't happen is also breaking the law (or things similar since these are pulled from a bad memory)

to act as if this is a US only thing tells me your passport doesn't have as many stamps as you claim

Reactions: 1 person
It seems that it may not be only in the US.

Hate speech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seriously. A quick scan of the wiki article seems to provide a link to each country's law(s) relevant to illegal speech in that country. Have you found some of those links invalid?

I'm not saying that I agree with any of them, but I have spent some time abroad, especially in Europe. From my perspective, Europe is more "PC" than we are here in the US.

RGIII is right. Wha Wha Wha. How come no one protests the Vikings? or if they do it doesn't make the news. It's a fricken name.

Well if they were the "Palefaces" or "Gingerbutts" someone might.

I'm pretty conservative, but I have to admit that this has always been one that I never understood. I think using a tribal name like the Seminoles for a sports team honors that tribal history (especially if they actually lived in the area). But, using a name that was primarily a derogatory term for Indians and then crying about political correctness confuses me. I mean would RGIII play for the Washington N______s? Or, to modernize it, the Washington "Nappyheadedhoes"?

Reactions: 2 people
in the UK you can be arrested for an insensitive tweet. Anyone in Germany making a statement that the holocaust didn't happen is also breaking the law (or things similar since these are pulled from a bad memory)

to act as if this is a US only thing tells me your passport doesn't have as many stamps as you claim

Lmao, I lived in Germany for a few years...and no, you won't get arrested for mentioing the holocaust....that's why Auschwitz still stands as a reminder. It's just not pleasant to talk about. There are laws against spitting on sidewalks and such also....doesn't mean that they are enforced. Oh and no, I don't need a passport, as I do fight for your right to obtain one smart guy. Have a great day, and stay offended my friend.

Seriously, Wikipedia?....you, my friend, are a genius!
5 Native Americans are lobbying against the name Redskins. This happens every few years. So if myself and 4 friends decided theat we were offended by your name I guess you should have*it*changed. Someone else will pick ithe name for you. Get it? This crap is so petty. Yet people say redneck all day everyday. Hmmmmmm.

Can we end this notion that Wikipedia is not a reliable source? This isn't the same Wikipedia as when it was created. Bad reputations just never seem to go away for poor wiki.

Lmao, I lived in Germany for a few years...and no, you won't get arrested for mentioing the holocaust....that's why Auschwitz still stands as a reminder. It's just not pleasant to talk about. There are laws against spitting on sidewalks and such also....doesn't mean that they are enforced. Oh and no, I don't need a passport, as I do fight for your right to obtain one smart guy. Have a great day, and stay offended my friend.

I remember once back in high school, there was a foreign exchange student from Germany and in History class our teacher coincidentally gave a lecture and powerpoint about the Nazism, WW2 and the Holocaust and everyone was staring at him to see his reaction. It was pretty funny actually haha. Must have been an awkward experience for him.

Lmao, I lived in Germany for a few years...and no, you won't get arrested for mentioing the holocaust

not mentioning, denial (same as many other European countries). It's also illegal to display certain symbols

Can we end this notion that Wikipedia is not a reliable source? This isn't the same Wikipedia as when it was created. Bad reputations just never seem to go away for poor wiki.

it's not reliable as a source but the links it contains may be

Is nappy headed bad to say now also? Seriously..who cares what people say? I guess I just don't get bothered much by words that's all.

Well if they were the "Palefaces" or "Gingerbutts" someone might.

I'm pretty conservative, but I have to admit that this has always been one that I never understood. I think using a tribal name like the Seminoles for a sports team honors that tribal history (especially if they actually lived in the area). But, using a name that was primarily a derogatory term for Indians and then crying about political correctness confuses me. I mean would RGIII play for the Washington N______s? Or, to modernize it, the Washington "Nappyheadedhoes"?

Sticks and stones IMO

Besides, the NFL and Redskins are private entities. They can do what they feel is in the best interest of their respective business. If people don't like it, they don't have to patronize.

Is nappy headed bad to say now also? Seriously..who cares what people say? I guess I just don't get bothered much by words that's all.

It is not good to say that is for sure. Because you do not get offended does not mean others do not.

Sticks and stones IMO

Besides, the NFL and Redskins are private entities. They can do what they feel is in the best interest of their respective business. If people don't like it, they don't have to patronize.

I agree with the last part, private entities should be able to call themselves whatever they want. But in the debate on political correctness, I'm just saying this one has always baffled me. Especially when I look at our nation's history. We fought a long term war of conquest over them and now use the slanderous name for our national capital's most popular team. That just doesn't make sense to me.

You don't see the same insulting names used elsewhere. Why don't we see the San Francisco Queers, LA Gangbangers or Seattle Slanteyes? We could have the Boston Alcoholics, Philadelphia Fatarsses, New York Shiattforbrains etc.

I agree with the last part, private entities should be able to call themselves whatever they want. But in the debate on political correctness, I'm just saying this one has always baffled me. Especially when I look at our nation's history. We fought a long term war of conquest over them and now use the slanderous name for our national capital's most popular team. That just doesn't make sense to me.

You don't see the same insulting names used elsewhere. Why don't we see the San Francisco Queers, LA Gangbangers or Seattle Slanteyes? We could have the Boston Alcoholics, Philadelphia Fatarsses, New York Shiattforbrains etc.

I think I'll pass on the Gangbangers at the Queers matchup...

VN Store

Back