Man ARRESTED after argument with Police over novelty shirt

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
Man Wearing Novelty T-Shirt Arrested For Refusing To Leave South Carolina Park | The Smoking Gun

A man wearing a novelty t-shirt with a sexually charged message was arrested Saturday after refusing a police order to leave a South Carolina park due to “the shirt with that phrase on it,” according to investigators.

Michael Miller, 50, was spotted “with a shirt that read ‘I May Not Be Mr. Right But I’ll F*** You ‘Til He Shows Up,’” according to a Spartanburg Department of Public Safety report.
When cops approached Miller and told him that he was not allowed to wear the shirt in Spartanburg’s Barnet Park, he reportedly became irate and “said he would wear the shirt any ****ing where he wanted to.”

Miller was then issued a trespass warning “from Barnet Park during the Rock the Denim event,” a yearly concert that is devoted to raising awareness of sexual violence against women.

After refusing to leave the park, Miller--who cursed at and gave the finger to cops--was busted for disorderly conduct. He was released from custody Saturday evening after posting a $262 bond.

Reactions: 1 person
Can't wait to hear LG's take on this? Being a lawyer and all.

Kinda like those t-shirts you can get on Bourbon Street in NOLA. If you're into that kinda crap, thats cool, but theres a time and place to wear that and typically, a public place is poor judgment.

Kinda immediately and matter of factly, shows your character.

Reactions: 1 person
Kinda like those t-shirts you can get on Bourbon Street in NOLA. If you're into that kinda crap, thats cool, but theres a time and place to wear that and typically, a public place is poor judgment.

Bad taste indeed and poor judgement of course, but illegal?

As far as I know stupid has not yet been outlawed?

Yet people are up in arms over a kid getting in trouble over an NRA shirt.

FTR, the idea of a kid being told to wear that to school is stupid and while that dude's shirt is funny, it's also dumb to purposefully rock it at the event he was attending.

However, they should be able to wear those shirts in their respective environments.

Why are people so scared of the F word? If a kid is capable of reading it, then why does it matter?

Not illegal. But his actions after the fact I guess were deemed illegal. He brought attention to himself and then handled it poorly.

The issue to begin with is why he was confronted about it.

Article fails to mention that the concert was an event requiring paid admission. I'm no lawyer but I would think the event promoters would have the right to set their rules and dismiss anyone who broke the rules. He was arrested for trespassing or failing to leave not for wearing a shirt.

Article fails to mention that the concert was an event requiring paid admission. I'm no lawyer but I would think the event promoters would have the right to set their rules and dismiss anyone who broke the rules. He was arrested for trespassing or failing to leave not for wearing a shirt.

Oh, well that changes everything.

Screw that guy.

Not illegal. But his actions after the fact I guess were deemed illegal. He brought attention to himself and then handled it poorly.

And he wasn't doing anything illegal. Hence. If the whole thing would not have happened if the cops would have followed the law. Nothing illegal. So why approach. Same with the kid and the tshirt. And guy with gun in Texas.

Nothing illegal. And people standing up for rights and get arrested because of how the incident played out.

Precisely! Once the police start breaking the law, I feel you are not bound to show them courtesy or follow their instructions.

The root of the problem, not to get on a pedestal here, is the fact that folks think these things up, produce them, and are able to sell them to folks who dig it.

Classless on all accounts.

Looks like it was on public property. Can a promoter make exclusions like this while on public land?

And he wasn't doing anything illegal. Hence. If the whole thing would not have happened if the cops would have followed the law. Nothing illegal. So why approach. Same with the kid and the tshirt. And guy with gun in Texas.

Nothing illegal. And people standing up for rights and get arrested because of how the incident played out.

He was violating the event promoters rules. no different than if you wear an obscene t shirt to walmart and they ask you to leave. if you don't the cops will arrest you for trespassing.

I wonder what the cop was thinking when he confronted him. Its a shirt really. I bad one, but just a shirt.

Sounds kinda like the cop went to pick a fight knowing that kind of person would react the way he did.

Which is wayyyyyyyy wrong IMO.

The root of the problem, not to get on a pedestal here, is the fact that folks think these things up, produce them, and are able to sell them to folks who dig it.

Classless on all accounts.

Still not illegal? What is your point?

He was violating the event promoters rules. no different than if you wear an obscene t shirt to walmart and they ask you to leave. if you don't the cops will arrest you for trespassing.

Did they rent the park out. Or were they just using the park for the event.

But really guys, who in the hell plans out their day, decides to go to a public event promoting Sexual Assault Awareness on women, and picks out the first f-bomb shirt they find in their closet?

I wonder what the cop was thinking when he confronted him. Its a shirt really. I bad one, but just a shirt.

Sounds kinda like the cop went to pick a fight knowing that kind of person would react the way he did.

Which is wayyyyyyyy wrong IMO.

depends on how the man was acting. If he was antagonizing the attendees of the event then I have no issue with them asking him to move along. Telling him he's not allowed to wear the shirt was the wrong approach but it sounds like both wanted the confrontation

In who's eyes? The event was on public property, so who has the final say on rules? Private property, yes no problem with what happened.

VN Store

Back