678 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Romney was right: Chrysler to build Jeeps in China Page 2. within the forum Politics. Originally Posted by Obsessed If I remember correctly didn't the talking head for Chrysler say they were not doing anything ...

Go Back   VolNation > Off Topic Forums > Politics

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
If I remember correctly didn't the talking head for Chrysler say they were not doing anything in china (at all)
No. They said they were going to restart production there.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
If I remember correctly didn't the talking head for Chrysler say they were not doing anything in china (at all)
No. Gramps is right. Chrysler CEO said at the time they were planning to RESTART production in China and no US jobs would be affected. Romney campaign not only continued to run TV ad but also started radio ads after being debunked.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #18 (permalink)

Romney ads stated that Jeep planned to move their U.S plant to China. American jobs were about to be lost, and it was Obama' fault. Chrysler said that they had no intention of moving its U.S. Jeep plants overseas, that they were keeping the U.S. plants open and increasing production within the U.S., while also opening a plant in China for that market. Keeping them open in the U.S. is not moving them to China, and increasing production is even more the opposite. So Romney clearly misrepresented the situation. Even after Chrysler corrected him, he continued the false ads.

The frightening thing about this is that the OP does not see the difference. More frightening still is that politicians must believe there are a lot of people out there like him. I used to think that politicians told so many lies because they could just tell more any time they were caught. If they got caught in one lie, they would just tell three more to confuse the issue, and so on. The odds were in their favor. But I am beginning to wonder if politicians tell so many lies because so many people simply cannot see the difference between true and false, even when it is very clear. Volmav obviously cannot. I'm not just talking about people who know something is a lie and approve it because of partisanship. I am talking about people who cannot see the difference. Given that we live in an age of mass communications, that is freaking scary.

Last edited by Vol Main; 01-19-2013 at 10:55 AM..
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
RIP CITY

Chrysler is using a plant in China to build autos to sell to the Chinese. OUTRAGE!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milohimself View Post
Chrysler is using a plant in China to build autos to sell to the Chinese. OUTRAGE!
Why not use a plant in the USA to build autos to sell to the Chinese? If the Chinese are going to buy Jeeps
volmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volmaverick View Post
Why not use a plant in the USA to build autos to sell to the Chinese? If the Chinese are going to buy Jeeps
"Why not" is not the point. If you cannot understand the business decision by Chrysler to build a plant in that market, then it is a good thing you are not a Chrysler executive. The point is the Romney campaign was wrong in their ads. Even after Romney was told by Chrysler that the ads were wrong, he continued to run them, and you apparently continued to believe them. Duh...

Not that I expect an honest answer, but I really want to know, so I have to ask. Do you just pretend to be that stupid? Or is that how stupid you really are?

Last edited by Vol Main; 01-19-2013 at 02:48 PM..
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
You are so right. Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Kia, Volkswagen, etc should close their US plants and just export from Japan/Korea/Germany. Thanks Mav, you've got it all figured out.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Quote:
Economics must not be your strong suit.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKT_VOL View Post
Economics must not be your strong suit.
He is now changing his argument from the Romney ad to the economics of auto manufacturers.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
He is now changing his argument from the Romney ad to the economics of auto manufacturers.
He went from dumb to dumber.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
How uwe doo-in?!?

Amazing how Obama gets a free pass on all. Expect your middle class paychecks to keep paying the price.

Ok plant built in China for Chinese production which I agree with. If This scenario would of happened under the Bush admin all you defenders would be attackers. It's amazing. Obama bottom line is a politician and will not keep his promises of the land of milk and honey fur the middle class. Book it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenfelsvol View Post
Amazing how Obama gets a free pass on all. Expect your middle class paychecks to keep paying the price.

Ok plant built in China for Chinese production which I agree with. If This scenario would of happened under the Bush admin all you defenders would be attackers. It's amazing. Obama bottom line is a politician and will not keep his promises of the land of milk and honey fur the middle class. Book it.
I was happy with the tax increases on the middle class. One of the few things I agree with Obama on (albeit for different reasons). I hope middle class taxes continue to rise and their paychecks continue to decrease.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenfelsvol View Post

Ok plant built in China for Chinese production which I agree with. If This scenario would of happened under the Bush admin all you defenders would be attackers.It's amazing. Obama bottom line is a politician and will not keep his promises of the land of milk and honey fur the middle class. Book it.
Jeeps were built in China during the Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton and Bush 2 Administrations.

Jeeps were assembled at the Beijing Jeep plant from 1985 to 2009.

As Chrysler stated before the election they are restarting production of Jeep in China.

Selling more Jeeps in China will help bolster the Jeep brand globally, making its parent stronger, which can only help secure jobs at the Jeep factories in Detroit, Toledo, Ohio, and Belvidere, Ill. Isnít that what we want?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
Jeeps were built in China during the Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton and Bush 2 Administrations.

Jeeps were assembled at the Beijing Jeep plant from 1985 to 2009.

As Chrysler stated before the election they are restarting production of Jeep in China.

Selling more Jeeps in China will help bolster the Jeep brand globally, making its parent stronger, which can only help secure jobs at the Jeep factories in Detroit, Toledo, Ohio, and Belvidere, Ill. Isnít that what we want?
No Gramps. We want Obama to be wrong and fail so we can say "I told you do so" to all the librards.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
How uwe doo-in?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKT_VOL View Post
I was happy with the tax increases on the middle class. One of the few things I agree with Obama on (albeit for different reasons). I hope middle class taxes continue to rise and their paychecks continue to decrease.
Good for you. It pisses me off because he said it wouldn't happen. And BTW if you're happy with that then you are going to continue to be pleased with new ones yet to come.
Reply With Quote TOP