No Christmas tree in Brussels.

gsvol

It offends moslems.

BRUSSELS BANS CHRISTMAS TREES because they are offensive to Muslims | BARE NAKED ISLAM

Until last year there was an annual Christmas tree standing in the center of the Grote Market in Brussels. Councillor Bianca Debaets regrets that this year the traditional Market tree will not be there. “I suspect that the reference to the Christian religion was the decisive factor,” she added.
---------

“Not that the Christmas tree is a Christian religious symbol, but the tree obviously is a reference to Christmas itself, which is why it has been banished from the Market. And that’s a shame. “

Debaets think a historical and multireligious city should keep the historical traditions alive while allowing all ideologies (even the violent ones like Islam?). “For a lot of people (Muslims) who are not Christians, the tree there is offensive to them,” she concluded.

“What’s next?” Debaets wondered. “Will all eggs be banned from the city because they are symbolic of Easter? Is this what Brussels has become – a Muslim city?

Evil-Christmas.jpg

Gee, didn't everyone's crazy uncle Joe Biden say he thought Brussels would make a dandy world capitol?

You know what I haven't heard in a while? The Abercrombie & Fitch song. I always thought that was pretty enjoyable.

Debaets think a historical and multireligious city should keep the historical traditions alive while allowing all ideologies (even the violent ones like Islam?).

And christianity is/has not been violent?

I am not sure how you got evil Muslims out of this. It seems like a political correctness thing; not a Islamic outrage thing.

For the sake of objectivity, it really is a meaningless holiday to anyone who isn't a child or corporation.

You know what? **** Christmas.

For the sake of objectivity, it really is a meaningless holiday to anyone who isn't a child or corporation.

You know what? **** Christmas.

Yes I do love Christmas. Beyond the commercial aspect its about love and peace. So I do love Christmas and giving.

Yes I do love Christmas. Beyond the commercial aspect its about love and peace. So I do love Christmas and giving.

That's fine and all, but I'm more of a birthday and "for the hell" of it guy. I find that people have a greater appreciation for random gifts. I neither accept nor purchase gifts for Christmas.

Like Halloween, Valentine's, and Easter... the historic importance has been occluded by corprorations.

That's fine and all, but I'm more of a birthday and "for the hell" of it guy. I find that people have a greater appreciation for random gifts. I neither accept nor purchase gifts for Christmas.

Like Halloween, Valentine's, and Easter... the historic importance has been occluded by corprorations.

Growing up without much made me appreciative of Christmas and learning what giving meant. My kids wont know what I know about that, but I guess theres a trade off in there somewhere.

Growing up without much made me appreciative of Christmas and learning what giving meant. My kids wont know what I know about that, but I guess theres a trade off in there somewhere.

I get the sentiment, as I grew up with very little, but I think working retail as a teenager on Black Fridays squashed it ;-)

VN Store

Back