516 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Who is Valerie Jarrett?. within the forum Politics. Articles: Obama's Strange Dependence on Valerie Jarrett Also, I have just finished The Amateur. Guys, this scares the hell out ...

Go Back   VolNation > Off Topic Forums > Politics

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Stir Stick

Who is Valerie Jarrett?

Articles: Obama's Strange Dependence on Valerie Jarrett

Also, I have just finished The Amateur.

Guys, this scares the hell out of me. Who is driving the ship?
Anyone can achieve their fullest potential, who we are might be predetermined, but the path we follow is always of our own choosing. We should never allow our fears or the expectations of others to set the frontiers of our destiny. Your destiny can't be changed but, it can be challenged. Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Richard Miniter‘s Book Alleges Obama Postponed Osama bin Laden Raid Three Times at Advisor Valerie Jarret’s Suggestion | ‘Leading From Behind: The Reluctant President and the Advisors Who Decide for Him’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Quote:
Richard Miniter writes that Obama canceled the “kill” mission in January 2011, again in February, and a third time in March. Obama’s close adviser Valerie Jarrett persuaded him to hold off each time, according to the book.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

And assuming that is all true, how many terrorist attacks did bin Laden carry out in the interval?

I really hope that this is what the GOP ends up doing with whenever the success of the raid is brought up -- that gee, he could have done it earlier. Because then we can talk about George Bush and Condoleeza Rice having ignored the pre-9/11 warnings, and then Bush/Cheney taking us to war in the wrong damn country, and Bush failing to get to get bin Laden.

Seriously. Please bring up how the Obama administration succeeded where the prior GOP administration failed. Bring it up a lot.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wave yo hands in the aiya

you make a marginally valid point LG, which we should celebrate because they've gone the way of the dodo, but it isn't the feather in his cap you want it to be.

More and more of the politicization of the event is coming to light.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Stir Stick

Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett maintains her longevity - USATODAY.com

From The Amateur:
Author: Valerie Jarrett is the 'De-Facto' President of the United States - Valerie Jarrett - Fox Nation

From 2010 with the Russians:
Valerie Jarrett: Obama

And it goes on and on......WHO IS OUR PRESIDENT?
Anyone can achieve their fullest potential, who we are might be predetermined, but the path we follow is always of our own choosing. We should never allow our fears or the expectations of others to set the frontiers of our destiny. Your destiny can't be changed but, it can be challenged. Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Succeeded? Let's also bring up how if it were up to them the techniques used to get the info would not have been used because it's mean and we can't be mean to the terrorists. They might get mad at us.

And the point was, he asked the question who is Valerie Jarrett. She is a far left wack job pulling the strings.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Stir Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgator1 View Post
And assuming that is all true, how many terrorist attacks did bin Laden carry out in the interval?

I really hope that this is what the GOP ends up doing with whenever the success of the raid is brought up -- that gee, he could have done it earlier. Because then we can talk about George Bush and Condoleeza Rice having ignored the pre-9/11 warnings, and then Bush/Cheney taking us to war in the wrong damn country, and Bush failing to get to get bin Laden.

Seriously. Please bring up how the Obama administration succeeded where the prior GOP administration failed. Bring it up a lot.
Clinton and Gore do their job, 9/11 doesn't happen. Exactly HOW was Bush aware of 9/11 after being in office less than 8 months? Obama has no successes that weren't founded in another administration. You think that he set in motion the intelligence gathering that found him? You really believe that? You need to pay attention to Volinbham's signature. Obama has NO successes that he can call his own. He has no legacy other than Trillions of dollars in debt. Since your party took over both houses of Congress in 07, the debt has doubled. You and YOUR president have nothing to hang your hats on other than strapping my kids, their kids, and their grandkids with a lower standard of living and a massive tax burden. Your president can't even establish a budget much less get one passed. How you can continue to cling to his failed policies like they are the be all end all of economics is beyond me. You must be one of the 1% because they are the ONLY ones that have been able to maintain under his reign.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Stir Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfanjustin View Post
Succeeded? Let's also bring up how if it were up to them the techniques used to get the info would not have been used because it's mean and we can't be mean to the terrorists. They might get mad at us.

And the point was, he asked the question who is Valerie Jarrett. She is a far left wack job pulling the strings.
Thank you....once again, LG, a liberal hack, is avoiding the direct question and trying to read the liberal talking points memo.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaVol View Post
you make a marginally valid point LG, which we should celebrate because they've gone the way of the dodo, but it isn't the feather in his cap you want it to be.

More and more of the politicization of the event is coming to light.

Of course the killing of the mastermind of 9/11 is politicized. Whoever the president was at the time would be proud of that and use it to his advantage.

I think the GOP makes a HUGE mistake when they try to marginalize Obama's place in the calculus on that. Because whenever they do, the Dems just get to smirk and retort, yeah, but we got him.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGlen View Post
Thank you....once again, LG, a liberal hack, is avoiding the direct question and trying to read the liberal talking points memo.
She is just another America hating far left nut, in a regime of America hating far left nuts.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Of course the killing of the mastermind of 9/11 is politicized. Whoever the president was at the time would be proud of that and use it to his advantage.

I think the GOP makes a HUGE mistake when they try to marginalize Obama's place in the calculus on that. Because whenever they do, the Dems just get to smirk and retort, yeah, but we got him.
As much as he says "I" or "me" when talking about the raid I am convinced Barry flew the chopper, propelled out of it and killed Bin Laden himself.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Stir Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfanjustin View Post
As much as he says "I" or "me" when talking about the raid I am convinced Barry flew the chopper, propelled out of it and killed Bin Laden himself.
The only thing the Seal team member did was show Nobama which end of the gun the bullet comes out of.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

Obama does get some credit for getting Bin Laden. He did have the final say to do the attack in Pakistan without their government being told the mission was taking place.
This mission could have backfired bigtime. If that had happened Obama would have been blamed. Remember Jimmy Carter and the failed hostage resue mission in Iran.

Obama did campaign in 2008 that he would go into Pakistan if he had good intel that Bin Laden was there. McCain was saying he would not and with Obama saying he would showed his lack of experience. That is well documented.

Obama has been a wreck in so many ways but this is one issue that I give him credit for.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
I believe.

Quote:

I have huge problems with delaying the mission multiple times.

All kinds of problems arise when you have too many cancellations. Everything from rehearsal fatigue, risk of disclosure, targets getting wind of the raid and the ability of other players to mess things up before, during or after the raid.

Sure he gets credit for finally making the decision, but in my view this is very amateurish. That said, we all know most presidents are amateurs at this. The last guy who had real military experience was Bush I. But Clinton had Hillary, W Bush had Chaney and Rummy, Obama has Biden and Panetta...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Internets Expert

Is she an astrologer?