China and the Philippines.

gsvol

As China tries to strong arm our Filipino allies what will Barack Obama do? « « Coach is RightCoach is Right

Since mid April Chinese naval vessels have been circling a pile of rocks situated 124 miles off the coast of the Philippines that barely qualifies as an “island”.

The rocks are called the Scarborough Shoal and save for there position, and rumors of oil and gas under them, they have no value to anyone. Nevertheless it is precisely because they are so far from their own shore that the Chinese are trying to pressure the Filipinos into relinquishing their long held claim (since 1734) to Panatag as they call them.

Moreover since the Scarborough Shoal at just 124 miles off the Philippines it is well within the island nation’s 200 nautical miles Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) recognized by international law as Filipino “fishing territory.”

China is slowly but surely attempting to increase her hold on the entire South China Sea and in doing so she is pushing asides the overlapping claims to the fishing rights of Malaysia, Brunei Vietnam Taiwan, and the Philippines. Because they are our allies the involvement of these last two has the potential to bring us into this dispute and a no win result.

True to its consistent refusal to abide by laws it doesn’t like, the Chinese government has sanctioned incursions into Scarborough waters that involve not only fishing, but firing at Philippine boats and removing coral from a reef included in the Panatag.
--------------------

Barack Obama and his media lackeys can ignore this crisis but that doesn’t mean it poses no threat to world peace.

He'll do exactly what the Chinese tell him to do. How much do we owe them?

Last edited:
What is GS's problem with China, the population is 98-99% non-"moslem"? Of course, when one runs the numbers, that is 10-20 million "moslems"; better be safe and go ahead and kill them.

On a serious note, though, let the Filipinos fight for themselves.

What is GS's problem with China, the population is 98-99% non-"moslem"? Of course, when one runs the numbers, that is 10-20 million "moslems"; better be safe and go ahead and kill them.

Don't we have a Marine base there or am I thinking of something different?

I remember seeing awhile back we got approval to base troops out of there again.

Not unless there has been an update since January:

The Obama administration and Philippine officials are in talks about expanding military cooperation, including joint exercises in the Pacific, but adding American bases to the island nation is off the table, both countries said on Thursday.

Talks with the Philippines, a U.S. ally which voted to remove huge American naval and air bases 20 years ago, follow Washington's announcement of plans to set up a Marine base in northern Australia and possibly station warships in Singapore. Those moves come as part of the Obama's administration plans to enhance American presence in Asia because of the region's economic importance and China's rise as a military power.

World News - US, Philippine officials: Cooperation but no military bases

Thanks, my mistake. I could have sworn that I read they agreed to a new basing agreement.

I'll stand with the Filippinos, you stay home.

Like I said something about having a problem with China?

The moslems will have one hell of a problem in their attempt to capture the Philippines, but don't underestimate their advances so far, remember, the main demolitionist at the OKC fed bldg bombing learned his art from moslems in the Philippines.

I'll stand with the Filippinos, you stay home.

I am pretty sure that you are staying home, too. Sending other person's kids to wars that are not of imminent national security is something I will never support.

OEF-P continues in the southern part of the country but no permanent bases are planned. The Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA) would have to be over turned before anyone could establish permanent bases again and that is highly unlikely.

Regarding helping them defend their exclusion zone, I think there are two issues.

1. We designed their Navy to be able to do limited coastal defense, not to be able to take on a full on modern Navy such as the Russians and now the Chinese. The Asia/Pacific nations rely on us for support and there are a variety of agreements in place to ensure tnat support is available. You may disagree with the practice, but that is the current reality.

2. Neither the US Navy nor the PLN is ready for a shooting war in the Pacific. Even if there are maneuvers, it won't escalate yet. The Chinese need more subs before they are confident they can handle our carriers and of course we continue to work our anti-sub measures, so there is a quiet arms race happening in the Pacific.

I'm not advocating declaring war, don't go off the deep end every time.

I will stand up and speak out for the Philipinos.

Has our state department spoken to the Chinese about this?

Has anyone brought it before the UN?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/did...-raptor-and-copy-it-see-the-alleged-pictures/

5324078286_5cbf512ac0.jpg

Last week, the blog China Defense posted two photos,
nearly identical, with only one line of text: “Just in case
you might get confused, only one bird below is the
J-20.”

The J-20 stealth fighter is the creation of the Chengdu
Aircraft Industry Group for the People’s Liberation Army
in China. About a year and a half ago, the People’s
Liberation Army conducted its first tests of the aircraft,
which is expected to be fully operational sometime
between 2017 and 2019.

The Obama administration cut short our orders for F22s by almost one half and told us the Russians (who still are just as much soviet although they are slightly more
subtle about it), and the Chinese weren't developing
next generation fighter planes.

Couple with that BHO shutting down NASA (except for
the looney weather guy) and before long the Chinese
may be the only country that's space capable.

The latest round of disarmament left us with an
agreement where we are disposing out nuclear
deterrent, guess what, the Russians had a loophole
and they took it.

The Obama administration cut short our orders for F22s by almost one half and told us the Russians (who still are just as much soviet although they are slightly more

the F22's have some serious. Issues so serious that some pilots refuse to fly them. Until they are fixed does it really make sense to buy more?

the F22's have some serious. Issues so serious that some pilots refuse to fly them. Until they are fixed does it really make sense to buy more?

Did Barack Hussein Obama tell you that? :question:

I'm not advocating declaring war, don't go off the deep end every time.

I will stand up and speak out for the Philipinos.

Has our state department spoken to the Chinese about this?

Has anyone brought it before the UN?

Blog Compares China’s J-20 With the U.S. F-22 Raptor With Some Citing ‘Reverse Engineering’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

5324078286_5cbf512ac0.jpg

Couple with that BHO shutting down NASA (except for
the looney weather guy) and before long the Chinese
may be the only country that's space capable.

The latest round of disarmament left us with an
agreement where we are disposing out nuclear
deterrent, guess what, the Russians had a loophole
and they took it.

We can't really blame the President for China's copy cat ways, can we?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaDQ8AuFCqU[/youtube]

Ok, you pulled me into a topic that I have personal dealings with.

First, I would like to say (and there will be jokes probably made about this) but there are alot of filipinos here and most are married to guys with alot of influence and pull.

Most filipinos are heavily tied back homeand are ontop of topics etc.

My wife ihas about 20 friends here in the Nashville area that I can speak personally about. One runs a local hospital, one is the remanufacture for Catpillar etc, one is high up in the local state, and the others are exec, along with myself a local business owner.

Anyone married to a filipino knows that an unhappy filipino wife is a very unhappy life. So when a filipino wife tells her husband her family back home is getting screwed and to do something about it the guy (if he wants a happy life) will do something about it.

Obama may not care but enough congressman or senators get threatened to have donations pulled etc then he will have to listen.

Alot of people just dont understand how much american money is floating around that country and the high level ties it has due to wealth of families here.

Ok, you pulled me into a topic that I have personal dealings with.

First, I would like to say (and there will be jokes probably made about this) but there are alot of filipinos here and most are married to guys with alot of influence and pull.

Most filipinos are heavily tied back homeand are ontop of topics etc.

My wife ihas about 20 friends here in the Nashville area that I can speak personally about. One runs a local hospital, one is the remanufacture for Catpillar etc, one is high up in the local state, and the others are exec, along with myself a local business owner.

Anyone married to a filipino knows that an unhappy filipino wife is a very unhappy life. So when a filipino wife tells her husband her family back home is getting screwed and to do something about it the guy (if he wants a happy life) will do something about it.

Obama may not care but enough congressman or senators get threatened to have donations pulled etc then he will have to listen.

Alot of people just dont understand how much american money is floating around that country and the high level ties it has due to wealth of families here.

My last three girlfriends were nice lil Filipinas. I know exactly what you're saying.

VN Store

Back