Barry and Eric declare martial law in Florida.

gsvol

DOJ Orders Florida to Cease Voter Purge « The Arizona Conservative

The Obama Administration’s Department of Justice told Florida election officials that they must halt their efforts to purge non-citizens from the State’s voter registration rolls.

T. Christian Herren Jr., the DOJ’s lead civil rights lawyer, pointed out that “inasmuch as the vast majority of the non-citizens voting in Florida are illegal immigrants from Latin America this purging exercise would have a disproportionate impact on a protected minority. Thus, the purge violates both the 1965 Voting Rights Act and the 1993 National Voter Registration Act.”

Florida officials were warned that “failure to comply with this cease-and-desist order may require the Department of Justice to oversee and possibly put aside subsequent election results from your state until federal authorities can make the appropriate adjustments to offset the discriminatory impacts caused by the purge.”

Keep it coming, GS:

But, no. Leave it to the state legislature and Gov. Rick Scott to create another mess that could have easily been avoided. This time, it's the purging of the state's voting rolls in an effort to keep U.S. noncitizens from voting. According to Scott, potentially 182,000 voters on the rolls are noncitizens.

Now there is nothing wrong with any state ensuring that those who are eligible to vote are American citizens. But when it comes to Florida, they didn't even take the necessary precautions to ensure that folks who are legal citizens wouldn't be a part of their purge process.

The big question is, why now? Why would Florida, with a statewide vote coming up in 90 days, choose now of all times to do this?

That's a question the Department of Justice is asking.

T. Christian Herren, chief lawyer in the DOJ's voting rights division, wrote a two-page letter to Florida officials asking why they chose to make this move without consulting the feds, an apparent violation of the Voting Rights Act.

Civil rights groups are naturally outraged because in 2000 Florida purged thousands from its rolls. Most of them were minority, and a substantial number were law-abiding residents who never should have been stricken.

In Miami-Dade County, officials sent 1,500 letters to voters saying they were potentially noncitizens, and nearly one-third of them provided proof that they were indeed Americans. What kind of failure rate is that to be proud of?

=====
And they should be embarrassed by their actions, which include questioning the citizenship of 91-year-old Bill Internicola, a World War II veteran.

Internicola was a medic during the war and earned the Bronze Star in the Battle of the Bulge. He was also bestowed with the Chevalier Legion of Honour by France.

But because of Florida's voter purge plan, he got a letter saying he had 30 days to prove he was an American or he would be stricken from the voter rolls.

Internicola fought for democracy overseas, only to have partisan hacks question his legitimacy.

Scott should have the decency to call Internicola and offer him a personal apology for the insulting letter.

The Department of Justice should be aggressive in demanding that Florida, and any other state, isn't taking action that is detrimental to Americans exercising their right to vote.

Florida intent on denying people the right to vote - CNN.com

Once again, GS spreading fear and misinformation.

And once again untrut attempts to cover up for the dispicable Holder and the Obama administration, using Communist News Network spin to do so.

(and he didn't even catch on that my cut and paste was satire.)

Here is a more to the point link:

Rule of Law » Meet the Radical DOJ Lawyer Forcing Florida to Keep Foreigners on the Voter Rolls

Yesterday, Eric Holder’s Voting Section ordered Florida to stop purging foreigners from the voter rolls. Two weeks ago, Florida found 53,000 dead voters registered to vote. Florida has also found non-citizens on the voter rolls and Secretary of State Ken Detzner has started the process of removing them.

Not so fast, says Eric Holder’s DOJ.

In a letter to Detzner, the DOJ says to stop removing foreigners from the rolls. The Voting Section makes a dubious argument under Section 8 of the National Voter Registration Act, a law the Obama administration has refused to enforce because of ideological opposition. The letter notes that Elise Shore is the attorney behind the letter.

Recall that PJ Media produced the Every Single One series that exposed the partisan DOJ hiring practices and the radicalism of the DOJ Civil Rights Division lawyers hired by the Obama administration.

What do we know about Elise Shore from the installment about the Voting Section?

Capture-135x300.jpg

Elise Shore

Question, did WJC recently have his pic taken with her in France?

From untrut's own CNN article:

In Miami-Dade County, officials sent 1,500 letters to voters saying they were potentially noncitizens, and nearly one-third of them provided proof that they were indeed Americans.

Soooooo, over two thirds on the list either couldn't or didn't provide proof they were eligible to vote in 2,000 even though they had two months to do so?

I would call that a rather good success rate rather than failure rate as the commies put it.

Dead_Vote_Florida_Obama.jpg

21n16kk.jpg

Democrat_Voter_Acorn.jpg

Dig-Up-The-Vote.jpg

For anyone who actually wishes to read the DOJ's letter to Florida, including the reasons why the DOJ is forcing Florida to stop the purge:

1-ebc0207ef4.jpg

2-bc2b7d5273.jpg

I do believe that you have little to no room to talk about other people using reputable sources when yours are garbage. Just saying...

Reactions: 3 people
I do believe that you have little to no room to talk about other people using reputable sources when yours are garbage. Just saying...

You mean untrut or me?

Fox is no friend of mine, they are about 25% owned by the Saudis.

Will Obama

Will June 18 be the day the Obama Candidacy goes down in flames in the Florida courtroom of Judge Terry Lewis? The judge who made the call in the historic 2000 Gore V. Bush presidential election case isn’t backing off from requiring Barack Obama appear before him to present evidence supporting his claim that Natural Born Citizen status doesn’t really mean a child born of two citizen parents born in the USA. (1)

Democrat Plaintiff Michael Voeltz, a duly registered Democrat voter of Broward County (an Al Gore stronghold along Florida’s southeast coastline), is bringing his challenge to Obama’s inclusion on Florida’s Presidential ballot next November.

His attorney Larry Klayman cites Supreme Court decision Minor v. Happersett from 1875 as defining just what NBC means. “The framers were not stupid. They understood that a president with divided loyalties could present security and other risks for our nation,”
-------------------

Eight different attorneys have represented Obama and other defendants including FL Secretary of State Ken Detzner, and the Election Canvassing Commission.
---------------------

Judge Lewis told the Obama team “to cite AUTHORITY on which they based their argument” that having two citizen parents isn’t necessary to be a NBC. Our Founders realized winning the war didn’t preclude the other side from giving up, and that’s why they put the NBC clause into our Constitution. So the hot, humid heat of a Florida summer once again becomes America’ battleground in this never before Constitutional Crisis of a sitting President having to prove he has the right to be in the Oval Office.

In case you missed the news conference of Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s “Cold Case Posse,” you can now view it here: How to get Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s special report on the investigation into Barack Obama’s eligibility

(I can get you a better copy of that in case you can't understand.)

Florida is refusing to comply with Holder's illegal DOJ order.

Other states should follow suit.

This is the same kind of thing the Alabama judge got himself into trouble over -- if the legal system recognizes the federal government as the arbiter of voting laws, and if a state's process violates the federal law, then the solution is for the state to sue and take it on up the chain tot he Supreme Court, not to simply refuse to obey the law of the land.

Have we forgotten already the lessons of the early to mid 60's and the practices of some Southern states?

Now, I am not comparing the situation on this issue to classic civil rights struggles of the VRA in Selma Alabama circa 1962. I am, however, comparing this arrogance and defiance with which a given conservative state government simply refuses to do what it is clearly obliged to do under the law.

Which of these requirements is Florida violating?

Requirements

In order to Register and Vote, a person must:
be a United States citizen;
be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction and;
not claim the right to vote elsewhere.

Which of these requirements is Florida violating?

Requirements

In order to Register and Vote, a person must:
be a United States citizen;
be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction and;
not claim the right to vote elsewhere.

Key point is their refusal to submit the plan to the DOJ for review prior to implementation.

Even some state GOP folks have questioned whether the process by which they are doing this makes any sense.

Feds step in to protect Florida voters - Tampa Bay Times

Not an attorney, but I would think the search for non-citizens within the 90 day period does not violate the act unless, if found, they are actually removed from voter registration during that same 90 day period.

Not an attorney, but I would think the search for non-citizens within the 90 day period does not violate the act unless, if found, they are actually removed from voter registration during that same 90 day period.

The process of removal has already begun in Florida.

If original registration process has not been compromised there should be no one to discover. I agree that this is a needle in a hay stack hunt that is likely to yield little or no benefit. That said, I really hate idiots in Washington trying to make end runs on state and individual rights.

1) The determination of whether the process is legitimate is with the VRA at the feds. Its not up to the state to decide the issue, and that is the fundamental problem.

2) If you read the article I posted, of the 2000-30000 they have purged, turns out already that hundreds of them should not be.

3) Also, as noted in the article, the federal judge who has questioned it has expressed great concern that people have 48 hours after changing registration to back that up. Its far too short a period of time, and that is by design.

The state GOP has simply overreached on all of this and they are going to get taken down a notch, imo.

The process of removal has already begun in Florida.

And that's the problem since that process was not reviewed and approved, as called for by federal election laws which were adopted precisely to prevent these kinds of shenanigans by the party in charge.

It can happen both ways, you know. The Dems can go too far in such matters, too. Its just that, historically, its the GOP that adopts these procedures, seemingly on grounds that its just to purge the rolls of outdated data, but in reality, upon close inspection, intended to disenfranchise likely Dem voters, i.e. blacks and the poor.

Stand With Arizona

Florida has drawn a line in the sand which must be adopted by every state against an Attorney General and administration which is increasingly abusing and distorting the law to stop efforts to keep illegal voters away from the polls this November.

The Department of Justice this week demanded that Florida immediately cease its current massive purge of non-citizens and dead persons from its voter rolls, absurdly citing the outdated and outmoded Voting Rights Act of 1965. Well, now Florida has refused, saying it will not give up its efforts to make sure only legal citizens can vote.
-----------------

Two weeks ago, Florida found 53,000 dead people registered to vote, and removed them from the rolls. In addition, Florida has discovered a staggering 186,000 potential non-citizens who are registered to vote may have voted, and worked furiously to investigate, remove them, and prosecute those who have voted.
--------------------

Of the more than 1,600 non-citizens in Miami-Dade, about 65 percent have cast ballots. About 72 percent have cast ballots of the 262 identified in Broward.
--------------------

“We have an obligation to make sure the voter rolls are accurate and we are going to continue forward and do everything that we can legally do to make sure that ineligible voters cannot vote,” said Chris Cate, a spokesman for Detzner. “We are firmly committed to doing the right thing and preventing ineligible voters from being able to cast a ballot. We are not going to give up our efforts to make sure the voter rolls are accurate."

Now the battle really begins. Democrat-controlled counties are saying they will obey the DOJ and cease their part in the purge. But that won't last long, as Florida law gives the Secretary of State the final say on these matters.
----------------------

And, as PJ Tatler said, "if Section 5 allows the Attorney General to stop states from ensuring that citizens of foreign countries don’t vote for President, I doubt Holder will find much support on the Supreme Court."

So kudos to Gov. Rick Scott, SoS Detzner and the state of Florida for taking the Washington corruptocrats head-on, as Arizona did (and won). Now it's time for Texas, South Carolina and other states to do the same. Say NO to embattled A.G. Holder and this Administration's disgraceful attempt to undermine the rule of law and enable massive voter fraud.

Will Holder argue the 10th Amendment is unconstitutional to help Obama

The Department of Justice thinks it can “order” Florida to stop removing illegal non citizens from her voter registration rolls. The Sunshine State announced it will ignore the “order.” Let’s see Barack Obama and Eric Holder back it up.

The fight over States’ rights versus the strength of an all powerful central government has been set in motion: the fuse is lit.

Since Barack Obama and his Chicago thugs forced bribed and tricked Obamacare into “law” real America has been on a collision course with him.

This latest attack on our freedoms will likely only be settled by a courtroom showdown centering on whether the 10th Amendment to our Constitution has any meaning.

This powerful 28 word Amendment is the enduring gift James Madison left us to balance the voracious appetite for power he recognized central governments always have.

It says: “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” It is a clear and potent weapon for justice against Obama’s fraudulent charge.

By bringing its attack on Florida the Department of Justice (DoJ) is virtually acknowledging the Democrat Party’s reliance on voter fraud to win close elections. DoJ statements on the matter acknowledge it centers on noncitizen “voting rights.”
-----------------------

DoJ wants to scare unenthusiastic minorities into voting by erecting a straw man for their hero Barack Obama to “defeat.” … 10th Amendment challenge..

The 10th Amendment, that defending states' rights, does not supersede individual rights. The Voting Rights Act was passed in the 1960s in order for the federal government to protect individual citizens from their states. The DOJ does not have to declare the 10th Amendment unConstitutional in order to argue that the federal government, through the VRA, can impose its authority on the states to protect the rights of individual voters.

I am, however, comparing this arrogance and defiance with which a given conservative state government simply refuses to do what it is clearly obliged to do under the law.

Kinda like when a municipal government declares itself to be a sanctuary city?

The 10th Amendment, that defending states' rights, does not supersede individual rights. The Voting Rights Act was passed in the 1960s in order for the federal government to protect individual citizens from their states. The DOJ does not have to declare the 10th Amendment unConstitutional in order to argue that the federal government, through the VRA, can impose its authority on the states to protect the rights of individual voters.

What a laughable explanation.

So the voting rights act was meant to protect the
rights of non-citizens, dead people and ficticious
people registered to vote by acorn?

progressive_illegitimate_child_of_liberty_and_communisim.jpg

Floridas response.. Apparently nobody with the right to vote has been denied that right.. How could any dem argue with that.. Oh wait. Dems claim the vra is being violated but I see no violation. The legislation was intended to limit voter intimidation and the like , but I see nobody concerned about in eligible voters coming to the polls. Doj might have the balls to take them to court but I doubt it. They are withholding info from the states which would help them determine eligible voters. Educate yourself by reading the letter

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2012/06/06/18/40/7E4PS.So.56.pdf

Floridas response.. Apparently nobody with the right to vote has been denied that right.. How could any dem argue with that.. Oh wait. Dems claim the vra is being violated but I see no violation. The legislation was intended to limit voter intimidation and the like , but I see nobody concerned about in eligible voters coming to the polls. Doj might have the balls to take them to court but I doubt it. They are withholding info from the states which would help them determine eligible voters. Educate yourself by reading the letter

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2012/06/06/18/40/7E4PS.So.56.pdf

And, you would be wrong.

Nice dem argument there. No facts just declarations. The state has laws to comply with as well. That being protecting the integrity of the vote by controlling voter fraud. I assume you don't endorse the 53,000 dead people being on the rolls. How would you purge those dead voters? Fla law states a certified letter, 30 day notice, an appeal process, etc. nobody can claim that due process is being denied the occasional voter who may come up, say a felon wrongly convicted. Notice the save program and the doj withholding access to that helpful information. Let's call it what it is. The Hispanic vote does not like this because it would limit their influence. Looks like dems serving their contributors to me, certainly not protecting fla's eligible voters. Finally if the vra conflicts with the performance of mandated state duties to protect voter rolls, should fla violate their own state law by doing nothing and knowingly allow voter fraud, or continue and let a court decide if a possible federal regulation trumps a states attempts to research and identify illegally cast ballots?

Last edited:
Nice dem argument there. No facts just declarations. The state has laws to comply with as well. That being protecting the integrity of the vote by controlling voter fraud. I assume you don't endorse the 53,000 dead people being on the rolls. How would you purge those dead voters? Fla law states a certified letter, 30 day notice, an appeal process, etc. nobody can claim that due process is being denied the occasional voter who may come up, say a felon wrongly convicted. Notice the save program and the doj withholding access to that helpful information. Let's call it what it is. The Hispanic vote does not like this because it would limit their influence. Looks like dems serving their contributors to me, certainly not protecting fla's eligible voters. Finally if the vra conflicts with the performance of mandated state duties to protect voter rolls, should fla violate their own state law by doing nothing and knowingly allow voter fraud, or continue and let a court decide if a possible federal regulation trumps a states attempts to research and identify illegally cast ballots?

Whatever justifications you argue for, the simple fact is that Florida is in violation of the VRA. Now, there is certainly a good argument that maybe it is time the VRA is done away with; but, the Federal Government (whether you agree with it or not) does have the authority in this case to stop what Florida is doing in a select number of counties.

VN Store

Back