Elizabeth Warren - Native American"ish"

volinbham

VN GURU
So it looks like Elizabeth Warren (former Team Obama member and current contender for the Senate in MA) was listed by Harvard as being a Native American faculty member. Apparently she too presented herself as a minority with the law profession. She is 1/32nd Cherokee.

Genealogist says Warren may be able to claim Cherokee heritage; Brown and Warren campaigns continue to trade barbs - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

Warren said on Friday that she did not know the school had done so and that she did not recall using her Indian ancestry to advance her career.

But the Globe and other outlets reported Sunday that Warren had listed herself as a minority professor between 1986 and 1995 in the Association of American Law Schools desk book, a major reference for legal professors.

Last edited:
She should be ashamed of herself, and so should Harvard for promoting their diversity by pointing to her.

good old' Liz!

rails against rich people not paying their fair share, opts out of voluntarily paying higher state tax rate.

Well, at least she knows who her Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandparents were. That is only six generations removed, or about 180 years...

Elizabeth Warren Ancestor Rounded Up Cherokees For Trail of Tears

But the most stunning discovery about the life of O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford is that her husband, Ms. Warren's great-great-great grandfather, was apparently a member of the Tennessee Militia who rounded up Cherokees from their family homes in the Southeastern United States and herded them into government-built stockades in what was then called Ross’s Landing (now Chattanooga), Tennessee—the point of origin for the horrific Trail of Tears, which began in January, 1837.

Reactions: 1 person
I think they should shoot her to prove a point. We can't be having this tomfoolery going on.

Leading of course to my favorite pick up line.

Me, to olive complected babe: "You got any Irish in you?"

She: "No.

Me: "Want some?"

I of course vary the nationality, as appropriate.

Clever, LG. But I've got a better one.

LG to Elizabeth Warren: "You got any Irish in you?"

EW: "Only if it'll help me get a job."

I feel fortunate to call Tommy Barnes a friend.

Elizabeth Warren Ancestor Rounded Up Cherokees For Trail of Tears

For over a quarter of a century, Elizabeth Warren has described herself as a Native American.
--------------

As I pointed out in my article here on Sunday, no evidence supports this claim. O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford had no Cherokee heritage, was listed as "white" in the Census of 1860, and was most likely half Swedish and half English, Scottish, or German, or some combination thereof. (Note, the actual 1894 marriage license makes no claim of Cherokee ancestry.)

But the most stunning discovery about the life of O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford is that her husband, Ms. Warren's great-great-great grandfather, was apparently a member of the Tennessee Militia who rounded up Cherokees from their family homes in the Southeastern United States and herded them into government-built stockades in what was then called Ross’s Landing (now Chattanooga), Tennessee—the point of origin for the horrific Trail of Tears, which began in January, 1837.

This new information about Ms. Warren’s true heritage came as a direct result of a lead provided to me by William Jacobson over at Legal Insurrection, who in turn had received the information from one of his readers. Jacobson, who has questioned Warren's explanation for her law faculty listing, calls this discovery "the ultimate and cruelest irony" of the Warren Cherokee saga.

Oops, I see now you beat me to that tidbit!

CRACKA.jpg

poor Fauxcahontas... who gets the blame for failing to properly vet her credentials?

poor Fauxcahontas... who gets the blame for failing to properly vet her credentials?

Fauxcahontas!! :eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

I suppose Harvard should take some credit for failing to vet.

Elizabeth Warren claims Native American roots, skips Harvard Powwow - BostonHerald.com

Senatorial wannabe Elizabeth Warren, aka Fauxcahontas, said she listed herself as a minority in law school directories because she was hoping to meet others with Native American roots. So isn’t it a shame that Liz took a pass on last weekend’s 17th annual Harvard Powwow????

The Harvard Law School prof was campaigning on the North Shore last Saturday while Harvard’s Native American Program filled Radcliffe Yard with Native American singers, dancers and drummers.

“The Harvard Powwow ... is a great way to bring local tribes into the Harvard community, acknowledging the ancestral homelands, and show our heritage,” Cesar Alvarez ’13, the incoming president of Native Americans at Harvard College, told the Harvard Gazette.

Warren, who is running against Sen. Scott Brown, has been taking heavy political flak since it was revealed she claimed to be a minority based on family lore about ancestors from the Cherokee and Delaware tribes. However, Warren’s campaign has been unable to provide any proof of her Native American ties.

And although Warren claims she never used her purported heritage when applying for jobs, she did list herself as a minority in The American Association of Law Schools directory, which administrators have used to seek diversity job candidates.

BTW, Fauxcahontas is currently in Hollyweird raising money at a $1,000 per fundraiser.

because daft photophopped images are always a replacement for actual commentary

LOL:

Did Elizabeth Warren Plagiarize Her 'Pow Wow Chow' Recipes?

The credibility of Massachusetts Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren took another hit today as Boston radio talk show host Howie Carr released evidence that appears to confirm Ms. Warren may have plagiarized at least three of the five recipes she submitted to the 1984 Pow Wow Chow cookbook edited by her cousin Candy Rowsey.

who'd have thought that something so innocuous would have the potential to derail the candidacy of a democrat in Massachusetts?

VN Store

Back