Time to renounce your citizenship?

I just found out that the first $91k of income in the foreign country is exempt from US taxes... :unsure:

Ras, never ever renounce your American citizenship, for any reason and for reasons too numerous to mention.

Do read everything that Adam Starchild ever wrote.

Double, triple or even quadruple citizenship is advantageous, become an internationalist.

The man who turned me on to Adam Starchild had met and had very intimate conversations which such notables as me, :) Hirohito, FDR, Winston Churchill, Josef Stalin, Dwight Eisenhower, other top generals including Mac, Harry Truman, JFK, Nikita Khrushev and on and on.

We spent many an afternoon and sometimes evenings having beer at what he called his field office or whiskey later and some of his stories were so incredible that I inquired of some of his other friends, one told me he knew that the man in question knew gen Mac well as they had spent all afternoon once with gen mac and the other guy whose credentials were beyond question, he knew Joe Kennedy well and lots of people of power you've never heard of, and his answer to me was; "I would never doubt a word he says," and then went on to tell me a story about during WWII when he went to deliver something (actually some people,) to Stalin himself for the purpose of bolstering the eastern front against Hitler.

Senators to Unveil the ‘Ex-Patriot Act’ to Respond to Facebook’s Saverin’s Tax ‘Scheme’ - ABC News

Dems are always right behind to spoil your evil plans

At a news conference this morning, Sens. Schumer and Bob Casey, D-Pa., will unveil the “Ex-PATRIOT” – “Expatriation Prevention by Abolishing Tax-Related Incentives for Offshore Tenancy” – Act to respond directly to Saverin’s move, which they dub a “scheme” that would “help him duck up to $67 million in taxes.”

I don't blame the co-founder of facebook at all. I would do the same thing.

I like how theyre going after expats tht have renounced citizenship within the last decade

nevermind that sverin has lived in singapore since 2009 and renounced his citizenship in September of 2011

somewhere in Hell, Karl Marx is doing backflips of joy

I like schumer's argument that saverin took advantage of US infrastructure and is now ducking the bill. I guess saverin never paid taxes while he was a us citizen.

government takes zero risk, but wants to reap the rewards.

nah, I prefer to envision Marx in Hell, along with anybody else who thinks that giving up individual sovereignty in favor of some collective utopia is the preferred, even moral existence for man

if not Hell, then Cleveland, OH

nah, I prefer to envision Marx in Hell, along with anybody else who thinks that giving up individual sovereignty in favor of some collective utopia is the preferred, even moral existence for man

Like...Jesus?

he was a collectivist? I thought he preached individual salvation? That was the whole point behind John 3:16 wasn't it?

Karl Marx preached individual moral responsibility as well; however, he also stated that the moral thing to do was to give up your wealth so that everyone could share. Jesus stated that the moral thing to do was to give up your wealth, as well (as did Francis of Assisi).

but Marx wanted individual wealth seized

Is that better or worse than your God telling you that it is tougher for a rich man to get into heaven (hell being the alternative) than for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle (and, yes, I understand that this is a reference to a very narrow gate in Jerusalem...either way, this is your God asserting that most rich people are going to burn)?

Personally, if I were a believer, I would rather have the state take my wealth than have God condemn me to the fires of Gehenna for all eternity.

So, basically, if Jesus is in Heaven, then I would imagine that Karl Marx is in Heaven as well.

Is that better or worse than your God telling you that it is tougher for a rich man to get into heaven (hell being the alternative) than for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle (and, yes, I understand that this is a reference to a very narrow gate in Jerusalem...either way, this is your God asserting that most rich people are going to burn)?

Personally, if I were a believer, I would rather have the state take my wealth than have God condemn me to the fires of Gehenna for all eternity.

So, basically, if Jesus is in Heaven, then I would imagine that Karl Marx is in Heaven as well.

Since there are no direct qoutes from God, only men (poor men) who wrote these words, and kings wanting to subjugate the people who approved and printed them. I'll take my chances with God.

VN Store

Back