Should this be a reason for concern?

Is a concern or not?

• Total voters

gsvol

Did You Know A Foreign Company Has Acquired the Leading U.S. Vote Processing Company? « Nice Deb

A Spanish Company, SCYTL, has acquired SOE, the leading vote processing company in the United States. This means votes will now be transferred to a central server overseas, where they will be counted, rather than being counted at the local precinct level.

This news was reported on the Market Watch website, back in January and received scant attention in the MSM:
------------------------

SCYTL is currently the worldwide leader in the Internet voting space and the acquisition of SOE Software, with its Clarity election management software suite, significantly expands SCYTL’s product portfolio beyond electronic voting. Furthermore, SOE Software’s strong US presence with 900 jurisdictions as customers in 26 states, including 14 state-wide customers, complements very effectively SCYTL’s customer base in the United States and internationally with customers in over 20 different countries across 5 continents, including France, Spain, Canada, Norway, Switzerland, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Mexico, India and Australia.

Um…Is this reason for concern?

Didnt vote because you didnt put a single sane option. I dont have a problem with them being based in a foreign country, I do have a problem with SCYTL as a company and software innovator, their system has been hacked before and seems vunerable.

They note that the CEO isn't a donor to the Obama Inauguration Fund top donor list, but the timing seems a little suspicious. As Bear already stated, the external attacks that could occur are a risk but we already have voter fraud so...oh well.

Paper ballots.

Didnt vote because you didnt put a single sane option. I dont have a problem with them being based in a foreign country, I do have a problem with SCYTL as a company and software innovator, their system has been hacked before and seems vunerable.

I would be interested in what you would consider some sane options.

Pardon me if I couldn't think of any sane answers for this insane situation.

Did You Know A Foreign Company Has Acquired the Leading U.S. Vote Processing Company? « Nice Deb

Just prior to the midterm’s however, the new electronic voting system in Washington, DC was hacked.

As a program security trial, the D.C. Board of Elections & Ethics reportedly encouraged outside parties to hack and find flaws in its new online balloting system. A group of University of Michigan students then hacked into the site and commanded it to play the University of Michigan fight song upon casting a vote.

This is not the first time SCYTL’S systems have been called into question.

Voter Action, an advocacy group that seeks elections integrity in the U.S., sent a lengthy complaint to the U.S. Election Assistance Commission in April 2010 charging the integration of SCYTL systems “raises national security concerns.”

“Foreign governments may also seek to undermine the national security interests of the United States, either directly or through other organizations,” Voter Action charged.

The document notes that SCYTL was founded in 2001 as a spin-off from a research group at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, which was partially funded by the Spanish government’s Ministry of Science and Technology.

Project Vote noted that in 2008, the Florida Department of State commissioned a review of SCYTL’s remote voting software and concluded, in part, that:

. The system is vulnerable to attack from insiders.

· In a worst case scenario, the software could lead to (1) voters being unable to cast votes; (2) an election that does not accurately reflect the will of the voters; and (3) possible disclosure of confidential information, such as the votes cast by individual voters.

· The system may be subject to attacks that could compromise the integrity of the votes cast.

I would be interested in what you would consider some sane options.

Pardon me if I couldn't think of any sane answers for this insane situation.

You only options were either you agree with your opinion on the subject or disagree in doing so, you have to have a stupid reason to. FTR, my only concerns are with their security, not the fact that they are a foreign company, which is what I stated in my response. I guess you didnt get that because I didnt respond with a mindless, off the subject cartoon.

I don't get the "I'm too stoned to care, vote Ron Paul" option. Seems the major criticism of Ron Paul supporters is that they care way too much.

There has never been be a 100% fair election (on a large scale) in any democracy/republic in history. There is always going to be fraud/tampering with the voting process. All that matters is to what degree. GS's link doesn't seem to dramatically increase the probability of tampering.

You forgot:

"No, foreign enemies don't need to fix our elections. Our results suck without their meddling."

Wish I had thought of that. Excellent!

I don't get the "I'm too stoned to care, vote Ron Paul" option. Seems the major criticism of Ron Paul supporters is that they care way too much.

That was a joke about some of Paul's younger supporters who like him because he wants to legalize drugs.

Wonder what foreign company handled the ballots in the 2000 election? Particularly in Palm Beach County

I think we can rule out Cuba, the commies hated Bush.

Could be a northern central African country.

I seem to remember something about Chadeans with dimples.

dimpled.jpg

I don't think they had internet there at the time though.

chadmap.jpg

PKT_VOL
There has never been be a 100% fair election (on a large scale) in any democracy/republic in history. There is always going to be fraud/tampering with the voting process. All that matters is to what degree. GS's link doesn't seem to dramatically increase the probability of tampering.

What did Josef Stalin say?

Something like; "it doesn't matter who votes, what matters is who counts the votes."

So our elections will be determined by a count in Spain by a company headquartered in Chicago, the world capital of voting fraud?

Nice, how will we ever know if the fix is in or not?

I'm surprised ABC even mentioned the following, if only on their blog.

Holder Dismisses O’Keefe’s Video as a Stunt - ABC News

VN Store

Back