Great, Romney is a frackin clown. I dont care about the poor

OrangeEmpire

The White Debonair
Lord have mercy, the fool couldnt have used better phraseology............Obama is a shoe in!

This is my concern. I'm sure the guy is fairly bright, but he just keeps adding fuel to the fire that he is detached from a big part of the support base.

and just like the media you won't even put in the whole quote. It wasn't the best choice of words in this soundbite age but it's not like he said to let them starve in the streets

and just like the media you won't even put in the whole quote. It wasn't the best choice of words in this soundbite age but it's not like he said to let them starve in the streets

Thought it was covered under poor phraseology.......?

This is my concern. I'm sure the guy is fairly bright, but he just keeps adding fuel to the fire that he is detached from a big part of the support base.

What he said was not wrong, but lord have mercy the epic failure of his statement.

Newt is using this against Romney. Newt is saying he wants to be president of all citizens.

Krauthammer said it well. He's right. Our message as conservatives is that our plan helps everyone. We do not buy into this class warfare crap the Dems spew every election. Our policies will benefit all classes. His example of school choice is a great one. And his last quote pegs Romney accurately.

Mitt Romney | Not Concerned About the Very Poor | Charles Krauthammer | The Daily Caller

Bought frickin time, be like the old days and tag team a political thread.

Reactions: 1 person
Krauthammer said it well. He's right. Our message as conservatives is that our plan helps everyone. We do not buy into this class warfare crap the Dems spew every election. Our policies will benefit all classes. His example of school choice is a great one. And his last quote pegs Romney accurately.

Mitt Romney | Not Concerned About the Very Poor | Charles Krauthammer | The Daily Caller

Labeling the recoil at Romney's gaffe as just "class warfare" is so tone deaf that it might be worse than the gaffe itself.

Labeling the recoil at Romney's gaffe as just "class warfare" is so tone deaf that it might be worse than the gaffe itself.

I don't see it as a gaffe since if you read the whole thing it makes sense. Maybe it was bad wording but the message was correct

I don't see it as a gaffe since if you read the whole thing it makes sense. Maybe it was bad wording but the message was correct

That's the whole point -- its bad wording.

And of course you have to put it in context of his image, which is as a guy that is so incredibly wealthy, never worked a day of physical labor in his life, etc., etc.

I predict soon we will see him in some photo montages, like, roping cattle, building cabins, maybe single handedly making a car.

This is all playing right into Obama's wheelhouse.

That's the whole point -- its bad wording.

so you don't disagree with what he said just how it came out?

This is all playing right into Obama's wheelhouse.

you're right since Obama's only hope is that people voting for him aren't paying attention to anything but the manipulated soundbites and won't think for themselves. The Dems laugh off Obama's gaffes with a simple "you know what he meant, he's too smart for that" but pounce on a few words from a much longer statement like it's gospel. It's sad

Reactions: 2 people
It's amazing how decisive this can be. Budget concerns don't move the meter at all, even for supposedly fiscal conservatives, but nobody wants a president that says something stupid.

It's amazing how decisive this can be. Budget concerns don't move the meter at all, even for supposedly fiscal conservatives, but nobody wants a president that says something stupid.

Puleaase

you're right since Obama's only hope is that people voting for him aren't paying attention to anything but the manipulated soundbites and won't think for themselves. The Dems laugh off Obama's gaffes with a simple "you know what he meant, he's too smart for that" but pounce on a few words from a much longer statement like it's gospel. It's sad

You do know that the majority of Americans fall into this category right? All across the spectrum we are a soundbite culture - left and right. Look at all the news, talk radio, pundits, media, even TV shows. Everything is soundbite driven. Even polling is done on this. Campaign ads are done on this. And this is why Mitt is a lousy candidate. He feeds the controversy with stupid soundbites.

Very few voters care for the full context and the fact that his overall context feeds into this class division nonsense is exactly what the Left wants. Mitt divides Americans - this division is what drives the message of the Left. Conservative messages have been focused on broad messages helping everyone as a whole. Mitt is abandoning the whole foundation of what the argument of the Right is. He is labeling groups, defining them, and picking ones to more or less pander to. This is a copy and paste of Obama.

so you don't disagree with what he said just how it came out?

His point about safety net programs is well taken.

But:

1) implying that the existence of those programs effectively ends the discussion is absurd since I think we ALL would agree that we would prefer recipients to be trained or educated so that they don't want or need such programs;

and 2) it demonstrates a lack of comprehension of the sense of despair some of these folks feel, and the compassion everyone else has for them, because we all know that there, but for the Grace of God ...

You do know that the majority of Americans fall into this category right? All across the spectrum we are a soundbite culture - left and right. Look at all the news, talk radio, pundits, media, even TV shows. Everything is soundbite driven. Even polling is done on this. Campaign ads are done on this. And this is why Mitt is a lousy candidate. He feeds the controversy with stupid soundbites.

Very few voters care for the full context and the fact that his overall context feeds into this class division nonsense is exactly what the Left wants. Mitt divides Americans - this division is what drives the message of the Left. Conservative messages have been focused on broad messages helping everyone as a whole. Mitt is abandoning the whole foundation of what the argument of the Right is. He is labeling groups, defining them, and picking ones to more or less pander to. This is a copy and paste of Obama.

Voters care about their 401k, home value and their kids college fund. They are aware that 4 more years of Obama means slow growth and a micromanaging govt, both of which are not helpful toward their 401k, home value and kids college fund. They dont care about sound bites. Google "Mitt Romney" and hit the news tab. Not 1 article on this BS quote.

VN Store

Back