democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?  
1701 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?. within the forum Politics. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
Billy Costigan
Senior Member
 
Billy Costigan's Avatar

democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Join Date: Aug 2010
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Posts: 4,556
Likes: 164
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?

I was having a discussion with a friend of mine who is in the movie business about how so many famous actors are liberal and he said the reason why 85% of Hollywood is liberal is because many actors are educated and the left is a much more valid political position than anything the right has to offer, with its denial of science and pandering to the rich at the expense of the poor. Hollywood is liberal because most intelligent people are leftist and most intelligent people are leftist because it is the RIGHT way to think.

Would you say that this is true? Are most of the smarter people democrats? I guess it does kind of make sense. It doesn't change my position as a centrist but it does kind of make me glad I'm not a republican.
Billy Costigan is offline  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
golfballs
`
 
golfballs's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Posts: 38,635
Likes: 10,920
So rich people aren't educated?
golfballs is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
therealUT
Rational Thought Allowed?

democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Join Date: Mar 2006
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Location: Brookside, KC
Posts: 29,137
Likes: 6,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Costigan View Post
I was having a discussion with a friend of mine who is in the movie business about how so many famous actors are liberal and he said the reason why 85% of Hollywood is liberal is because many actors are educated and the left is a much more valid political position than anything the right has to offer, with its denial of science and pandering to the rich at the expense of the poor. Hollywood is liberal because most intelligent people are leftist and most intelligent people are leftist because it is the RIGHT way to think.

Would you say that this is true? Are most of the smarter people democrats? I guess it does kind of make sense. It doesn't change my position as a centrist but it does kind of make me glad I'm not a republican.
Many actors are educated? I laughed.
therealUT is offline  
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
IBlvNTmWrk
Dawn of a New Day
 
IBlvNTmWrk's Avatar

democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Join Date: Jul 2009
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,880
Likes: 3,338
The post and your friends comments prove the premise to be wrong.
IBlvNTmWrk is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #5
VolsSportsFan
Not Dave
 
VolsSportsFan's Avatar

democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Join Date: Aug 2008
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Posts: 35,678
Likes: 14,770
I think the question of whether you're intelligent has been answered.

And if you're a centrist, I'm Jamacian.
__________________
I'm not Dave either.
VolsSportsFan is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
PKT_VOL
Veni, Vidi, Vici
 
PKT_VOL's Avatar

democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Join Date: Jun 2009
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 13,551
Likes: 5,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Costigan View Post
I was having a discussion with a friend of mine who is in the movie business about how so many famous actors are liberal and he said the reason why 85% of Hollywood is liberal is because many actors are educated and the left is a much more valid political position than anything the right has to offer, with its denial of science and pandering to the rich at the expense of the poor. Hollywood is liberal because most intelligent people are leftist and most intelligent people are leftist because it is the RIGHT way to think.

Would you say that this is true? Are most of the smarter people democrats? I guess it does kind of make sense. It doesn't change my position as a centrist but it does kind of make me glad I'm not a republican.
Two reasons come to mind why Hollywood leans to the left:

1) The guilt of being rich and famous in a world full of impecunious and suffering individuals.

2) Acting is within the realm of arts. Most people in the arts are right hemisphere dominate. It just so happens that emotion is also located on the right hemisphere. They tend to think of how things ought to work in a utopia.

*Disclaimer*

This does not mean that only democrats are right hemisphere dominate or republicans are only left hemisphere dominate. That is silliness. There are no absolutes in this world. A lot of things play into a person's political views including life experiences which are unique for everybody.

However, I have noticed this pattern for a long time. It has held pretty true for most people that I have met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealUT View Post
Many actors are educated? I laughed.
Seriously.

Although, Emma Watson (my wifey) and Conan O'Brien are a couple that come to mind that are well educated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolsSportsFan View Post
I think the question of whether you're intelligent has been answered.

And if you're a centrist, I'm Jamacian.
Who knows...maybe you really are Jamacian? You are just a screen name and an avatar for most of VN.
PKT_VOL is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2012, 04:55 AM   #7
Rasputin_Vol
Ordem e Progresso
 
Rasputin_Vol's Avatar

democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Join Date: Aug 2007
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Location: In the briar patch
Posts: 29,121
Likes: 4,830
John Wilkes Booth was an actor and a Democrat.

I'm just saying.
__________________
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.”

Winston Churchill
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLS INC. View Post
I'm glad my destiny was to be a Vol, because everything else is second tier.
Rasputin_Vol is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2012, 04:58 AM   #8
OrangeEmpire
The White Debonair
 
OrangeEmpire's Avatar

democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Join Date: Nov 2005
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Location: Whiteville!
Posts: 74,998
Likes: 781
Billy, leave
OrangeEmpire is offline  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2012, 05:16 AM   #9
gasguy98
Ih8themaroonwave
 
gasguy98's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 2,573
Likes: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Costigan View Post
I was having a discussion with a friend of mine who is in the movie business about how so many famous actors are liberal and he said the reason why 85% of Hollywood is liberal is because many actors are educated and the left is a much more valid political position than anything the right has to offer, with its denial of science and pandering to the rich at the expense of the poor. Hollywood is liberal because most intelligent people are leftist and most intelligent people are leftist because it is the RIGHT way to think.

Would you say that this is true? Are most of the smarter people democrats? I guess it does kind of make sense. It doesn't change my position as a centrist but it does kind of make me glad I'm not a republican.
So all hollywood actors are super educated? (Example: Sean Penn, one of the most loud mouthed leftist actors has no academic career other than Ridgemont High. How is he qualified to have an opinion anyone should listen to). No one to the right has any education at all? (Example: Ron Silver, an outspoked Republican before his death - "He went on to graduate from SUNY at Buffalo with a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish and Chinese, and received a Master's Degree in Chinese History from St. John's University in New York and the College of Chinese Culture in Taiwan. He also attended Columbia University's Graduate School of International Affairs".) I would be willing to bet most don't have college degrees.
Not to mention there are a lot more right leaning actors than one would think. They simply don't run their mouth about it.
Your "friend" is a fool. The answer to your question is obviously not true. A little critical thought and analysis can tells us this pretty quickly.

Last edited by gasguy98; 01-09-2012 at 05:31 AM..
gasguy98 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2012, 05:19 AM   #10
 utvolpj 
VN conasewer
 
utvolpj's Avatar

democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Join Date: Feb 2005
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Location: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start
Posts: 64,845
Likes: 22,471
a theater degree is not a real education
utvolpj is offline  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2012, 05:40 AM   #11
TOP
unconventional
 
TOP's Avatar

democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Join Date: Jul 2009
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Posts: 26,643
Likes: 4,604
Jessica Simpson – Dropped out of high school to pursue a musical career. Eventually received her GED.

Joe Pesci – The stories vary – he either dropped out of high school at 15 or 16.

Jim Carrey – Dropped out of his Canadian high school at 16.

Jamie Lynn Spears -After getting knocked up at age 16, Jamie Lynn received her GED.

Avril Lavigne – Another one who felt making music was more important than an education. Dropped out in 11th grade after being offered a recording contract.

John Travolta – Dropped out of school at 16 to be an actor – playing a high school student in “Welcome Back Kotter.”

Britney Spears – Dropped out of high school before they began to teach important lessons like wearing underwear and not making left turns at red lights.

Leonardo DiCaprio – Dropped out of school to be an actor.

Jude Law – Left school at 17 to act.

Christina Applegate – Left high school to act and sing.

Prince – Left school at 17.

Lindsay Lohan – Made it all the way to the 11th grade. Frankly we’re proud of her for getting that far.

Paris Hilton – Once claimed she “never got to go to college.” Perhaps if she stayed in school that might have happened. But then, probably not.

Simon Cowell – Dropped out of his London boarding school at 16. Fortunately for him, he appears to have a working brain.

Quentin Tarrantino – Though he’s considered a genus, he dropped out of high school in 9th grade.

Tom Petty – Dropped out of school at 17 to join a band called Mudcrutch.

Daniel Craig – Left school at 16 to act.

Steve Earle – The country singer and ex-con is a high school drop out.

Kid Rock – Dropped out of high school after landing a record deal.

Robert DeNiro – Dropped out of school to join a gang.

Beck – Dropped out of high school to become a musician.

Johnny Depp – Dropped out of school at 16 to pursue his acting career.

Lucille Ball – A high school drop out.

Charlie Sheen – Dropped out of high school to act

Jennie Garth -Dropped out of high school to act.

Nicolas Cage – Dropped out of Beverly High School when he was 17 to act.

Chris Rock – Left school when he was 17 to make people laugh. What’s wrong with these people that they couldn’t wait another year to receive a diploma?

Hilary Swank – Dropped out of high school because she “didn’t like the rules.”

Juliette Lewis – Was an emancipated minor at the age of 14 and dropped out of high school after a couple of weeks.

Guy Ritchie – Dropped out of school at 15.

Kelly Osborne – Dropped out of high school because she has a famous father and her family is rich so why bother with school?

Orlando Bloom – Dropped out of high school to act.

Mark Wahlberg – Dropped out of school at 14 but soon ended up doing time for assault. Let this be a lesson to you.

Kevin Spacey – Kicked out of military school after assaulting another student.

Richard Branson – The billionaire left school at 16.

Cameron Diaz – Left high school when she was 17 after being offered a modeling contract.

Michael Bolton – Dropped out of high school to pursue a music career.

Al Pacino – Dropped out of NYC’s High School of the Performing Arts because the academics bored him.

Kevin Bacon – Left his Philadelphia high school to take theater classes.

Humphrey Bogart – Expelled from his New York City prep school.

Daniel Radcliffe – Dropped out of high school at 17 to cultivate his acting career because he was rich and didn’t need to worry about school.

Pamela Anderson – Dropped out of high school to become a groupie and marry rock stars act and model.

Tom Cruise – His original ambition was to become a priest. After the acting bug bit however, Tom left high school to pursue a movie career.

Marlon Brando – Expelled from both high school and the military academy his parents sent him as punishment.

Catherine Zeta-Jones – Left high school to become an entertainer.
TOP is offline  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #12
TOP
unconventional
 
TOP's Avatar

democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Join Date: Jul 2009
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Posts: 26,643
Likes: 4,604
I think most of the good actors are on that list. I guess that means the bad ones are the intelligent one's you're referring to.
TOP is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #13
MaxamusXIII
can't spell/dosen't care
 
MaxamusXIII's Avatar

democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Join Date: Jan 2011
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Location: just off the high road (Nooga)
Posts: 32,889
Likes: 6,294
I had an international business professor who would often say " if you're in college and you're not liberal you don't have a heart. If you're 40 in the real world and you're not conservative you don't have a brain."
I found this to be true in my life. I would go on to say if you're over 40 and identify yourself with either party you lack intelligence.
MaxamusXIII is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #14
SDV
Senior Member
 
SDV's Avatar

democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Join Date: Dec 2008
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Location: Left Coast
Posts: 24,985
Likes: 12,995
Most poor people are Democrats. And most post poor people are uneducated. So I would answer no to your question
SDV is online now  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #15
lawgator1
Senior Member
 
lawgator1's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2005
democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans? democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?
Location: Winter Springs, Fla.
Posts: 43,851
Likes: 23,309
Both parties have their fair share of bright folks and dumbarses.

I just think that, at various points in time, we tend to hear so much from the dumbarses that we begin to view the whole party as that way.
lawgator1 is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



democrats more intelligent people as a whole than republicans?


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.