Wikileaks, Casualties of War

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Before people freak out, I recognize this tends to come with the territory in war, and I'm not saying US troops are evil just because there might be a few dumbasses.

What I am saying is that Islamic terrorists have these kinds of headlines in mind when they attack our civilians. We're not doing ourselves any favor over there.

A U.S. diplomatic cable made public by WikiLeaks suggests that U.S. troops executed at least 10 Iraqi civilians, including a woman in her 70s and a 5-month-old infant, then called in an airstrike to destroy the evidence, during a controversial 2006 incident in the central Iraqi town of Ishaqi.

The unclassified cable, which was posted on WikiLeaks’ website last week, contained questions from a United Nations investigator about the incident, which had angered local Iraqi officials, who demanded some kind of action from their government. U.S. officials denied at the time that anything inappropriate had occurred.

But Philip Alston, the UN’s special rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, said in a communication to American officials dated 12 days after the March 15, 2006, incident that autopsies performed in the Iraqi city of Tikrit showed that all the dead had been handcuffed and shot in the head. Among the dead were four women and five children. The children were all 5 years old or younger.

World News: WikiLeaks: Iraqi children in U.S. raid shot in head - thestar.com

Even if it's not true, you know Al Qaeda believes it.

Also, I don't know why we should doubt wikileaks.

Al Qaeda wiped out entire villages because the elders took the side of the US and the fledgling post-Saddam Iraqi government.

Al Qaeda wiped out entire villages because the elders took the side of the US and the fledgling post-Saddam Iraqi government.

You don't have to tell me they're bad dudes. That's why I fear blowback.

biting the hand the feeds...

My Way News - WikiLeaks reveals all, media groups criticize move

WikiLeaks disclosed its entire archive of U.S. State Department cables Friday, much if not all of it uncensored - a move that drew stinging condemnation from major newspapers which in the past collaborated with the anti-secrecy group's efforts to expose corruption and double-dealing.

Many media outlets, including The Associated Press, previously had access to all or part of the uncensored tome. But WikiLeaks' decision to post the 251,287 cables on its website makes potentially sensitive diplomatic sources available to anyone, anywhere at the stroke of a key. American officials have warned that the disclosures could jeopardize vulnerable people such as opposition figures or human rights campaigners.

A joint statement published on the Guardian's website said that the British publication and its international counterparts - The New York Times, France's Le Monde, Germany's Der Spiegel and Spain's El Pais - "deplore the decision of WikiLeaks to publish the unredacted State Department cables, which may put sources at risk.
"

It is my understanding that Wikileaks was hacked or otherwise compromised and the unredacted articles were leaked from the outside.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Every time wikileaks reveals information they cry foul in the name of national security. There's a reason you no longer hear about the big wikileaks reveal from last fall...it's because it didn't truthfully put national security at risk.

A knowledgeable electorate is a necessity for a democracy to function well. That is part of why we are in such trouble right now, too many voters are too ignorant of economics.

We can't make good decisions about who to elect if we don't know what is really going on.

More:

Wikileaks: Saudi-funded Jihad in Philippines as serious as Afghanistan Terror Trends Bulletin

Many people around the world are unaware of the war that has been raging in the Philippines. At the heart of the violence is the desire of Jihadist terrorist groups such as the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, Abu Sayyaf and Jemaah Islamiyah to establish an independent Islamic state ruled by Shariah law on the island of Mindanao.

• US diplomats openly acknowledged in the secret cables leaked by Wikileaks the role Saudi Arabia was playing in funding the Islamic groups in the Philippines and declared that it must be stopped. This is a common theme around the world. Saudis fund Jihad with “private” donations (often from members of the royal family) while the Saudi government looks the other way and denies any support for terrorism.

It’s called plausible deniability and the Saudis have been playing this double game for over 30 years. They fund Jihadist terrorism and claim they are our “allies” in the “war on terrorism.”

Plus the Saudi government spends billions annually in a worldwide effort to brand efforts to reveal what islam is all about as 'islamophobia' that should be ignored or even prosecuted as hate speach.

The Saudi government funds over 800 imams in America who openly promote the advance of islamic sharia law in this country, some of whom privately advance violent islamic jihad in the cause of advancing sharia.

VN Store

Back