Why is the media always wrong when reporting about firearms??

gsvol

Pajamas Media MSM Gun Reporting: Always Wrong, Always Excused

One needs to look no further than Reid J. Epstein’s recent article in Politico titled “Norway shooter: Ammo clips were from U.S.” The July 28 article was one of many in response to Anders Behring Breivik’s killing of dozens of Norwegian teens at a political camp on a small island north of Oslo, and took the angle of trying to blame U.S. gun laws for the foreign massacre. Epstein was particularly focused on trying to blame laws that allowed Breivik’s purchase of ten 30-round magazines for his rifle via mail order.

Unfortunately for Epstein and Politico, the article is rife with errors in seven of the first ten paragraphs.
-------------------------------

Epstein was dead wrong, and his multiple layers of editors and fact-checkers failed to do something as simple as read the law he cites as evidence.

There is copious anecdotal evidence to suggest that most “professional” journalists are blisteringly ignorant of firearms and the laws regulating them. Perhaps even more disconcerting is that they are willing to fabricate an alternate reality, where the ownership of machine guns is simultaneously illegal under U.S. law and pervasive in crime. Like so much of what the mainstream media “knows,” both of these repeated claims are provably false.
-----------------------------

But the media is not nearly as interested in reporting reality relating to firearms as it is in creating it. They continue to write articles about gun crime that are based more in fiction than reality, even as they continue to excuse the horrifying level of gun crime committed by our present government — which has illegally trafficked in excess of 2,000 firearms to one cartel while allegedly selling them directly to a front company of their rivals.

The media continues to parrot words that were created by their allies to market fear, such as “assault weapons” and “high-capacity magazines,” words which simply didn’t exist until dreamed into reality by anti-gun organizations.

the people writing stories in the media about guns have no clue about them. The title alone should give it away

The OP's identity was all the hint you needed, really.

it's actually a valid point. It's even been shown on this board that the ones who want the most control have the least knowledge

it's actually a valid point. It's even been shown on this board that the ones who want the most control have the least knowledge

But, what if, while I was educating myself my son/daughter/dog sees the firearm and decides to go on a killing rampage?

I've seen them all playing video games. And, as we all know, video games are nothing but training simulations.

There was a school shooting a few years back where the shooting was quickly halted because a teacher ran to his truck (parked off campus), grabbed a gun, ran back to the school and took the lead subduing the assailant.

What was interesting about this case was that virtually every newspaper in the country reported the story, and only 3 or 4 newspapers mentioned the shooter was subdued by somebody with a gun.

well that's just bad parenting

It's not my fault that I have no idea what I buy my kid at a store. It's not my fault that I hand my child money just to shut them up.

I'll have you know that I have more important things to do than raise my child correctly or educate myself on the things that I'm taking a political stand for. The 18th Hole isn't going to sink a birdie on itself, you know.

There was a school shooting a few years back where the shooting was quickly halted because a teacher ran to his truck (parked off campus), grabbed a gun, ran back to the school and took the lead subduing the assailant.

What was interesting about this case was that virtually every newspaper in the country reported the story, and only 3 or 4 newspapers mentioned the shooter was subdued by somebody with a gun.

For every one of those there are 50 where the shooter just continues his rampage until he either shoots himself or is taken out or captured by law enforcement.

The notion that we ought to have more guns so as to protect ourselves from the zanies is utter nonsense. More likely than not if the gun you buy to stop that nutjob ever gets used at all its by someone who stole it, bought it off the secondary market, and in some sort of crime.

The use of handguns in self-defense is pathetically small compared to their usage in criminal activity. As in tinsey-tiny.

For every one of those there are 50 where the shooter just continues his rampage until he either shoots himself or is taken out or captured by law enforcement.

The notion that we ought to have more guns so as to protect ourselves from the zanies is utter nonsense. More likely than not if the gun you buy to stop that nutjob ever gets used at all its by someone who stole it, bought it off the secondary market, and in some sort of crime.

The use of handguns in self-defense is pathetically small compared to their usage in criminal activity. As in tinsey-tiny.

You mean like VT? Yeah, guns were banned there, too. If that had happened at SUU (where I went to school, a right-to-carry campus) statistics show there likely would have been 3-4 guns in the classroom being shot up.

You mean like VT? Yeah, guns were banned there, too. If that had happened at SUU (where I went to school, a right-to-carry campus) statistics show there likely would have been 3-4 guns in the classroom being shot up.

That you would advocate a universe where there are 3-4 guns in a single classroom is just awesome.

kinda like advocating punishment for the victim of crime rather than the criminal? Seen that on here too

and I'll take my chances in a room of armed, responsible gun owners over the alternative

kinda like advocating punishment for the victim of crime rather than the criminal? Seen that on here too

and I'll take my chances in a room of armed, responsible gun owners over the alternative

I see you took that leap of faith rather willingly - I'm not advocating for LGs view on punishment - but putting faith in classroom gun owners is not something I'm willing to do.

I see you took that leap of faith rather willingly - I'm not advocating for LGs view on punishment - but putting faith in classroom gun owners is not something I'm willing to do.

We need a bunch of hormone driven would-be alcoholics to have more guns like we need ... well, a hole in the head.

That you would advocate a universe where there are 3-4 guns in a single classroom is just awesome.

Weird how it's one of the safest campuses in the US.

We have a ton of Korean students, and the reason explained to me by a Korean student is that their parents view Americans as a bunch of crazy gun-toting lunatics. They look at crime statistics when they choose suitable places for their children to go to school. The gun-toting "lunacy" of Cedar City, Utah is exactly what makes SUU such a safe place.

We have a ton of Korean students, and the reason explained to me by a Korean student is that their parents view Americans as a bunch of crazy gun-toting lunatics. They look at crime statistics when they choose suitable places for their children to go to school. The gun-toting "lunacy" of Cedar City, Utah is exactly what makes SUU such a safe place.

People are too busy wearing magical suits of armor and marrying multiple wives to kill each other.

:popcorn:

We need a bunch of hormone driven would-be alcoholics to have more guns like we need ... well, a hole in the head.
i-see-what-you-did-there-house.jpg

And what's their policy on toting guns?

To the OP it's pretty simple; they disapprove and knowing what they're talking about is irrelevant or, worse, clouds the issue for them.

VN Store

Back