T.S.A. At It Again

The person that would have had to sit next to a 90+ year old that needed a diaper change is thanking the TSA.

I'm just saying...

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
TSA--worst government program since public education and now with unions, oh joy.

Alert: Terrorists Look to Implant Bombs in Humans - ABC News

Surgery to implant explosives could be done a couple of days before a planned attack, said James Crippin, an explosives expert in Colorado. In order for it to work, there would need to be a detonation device, and it's conceivable that if the explosive was implanted in a woman's breast, the detonator could be underneath the breast so that all the operative would have to do is press downward, Crippin said.

somebody's desperate for some action

Anyone who thinks the TSA's actions aren't in direct contradiction to citizen's rights protected under the Constitution is an idiot. Plain and simple.

The feigned outrage at the implementation of full body scans was the last straw for me.
"they can see me naked!" "ahhhh!"

who cares...its keeping you safe.

are you being forced to fly? The TSA isn't going to come to your house

No, they aren't. And I'm not being forced to fly anywhere. But they have increasingly been reaching into other methods of transportation, as well, and I'd say I have expectation of privacy when it comes to my genitals being scanned and/or groped. There's no probable cause to think I'm a terrorist because I'm getting on an airplane, or, occasionally, a train or bus. Besides, if you're someone who wants real security, the TSA is horribly ineffective.

All you have to do is remember the old Ben Franklin quote.

No, they aren't. And I'm not being forced to fly anywhere. But they have increasingly been reaching into other methods of transportation, as well, and I'd say I have expectation of privacy when it comes to my genitals being scanned and/or groped. There's no probable cause to think I'm a terrorist because I'm getting on an airplane, or, occasionally, a train or bus. Besides, if you're someone who wants real security, the TSA is horribly ineffective.

All you have to do is remember the old Ben Franklin quote.

I know the quote and it doesn't apply. You are choosing to submit to the searches by choosing to fly. You are giving up your right to privacy when you willingly submit to the rules around it. The TSA is not in your driveway so you are free to drive and avoid them. Of course you're giving away other rights by doing that so you may want to walk

It is has always been a superseding right of the state to protect the welfare of its citizen. They are not violating constitutional rights.

I know the quote and it doesn't apply. You are choosing to submit to the searches by choosing to fly. You are giving up your right to privacy when you willingly submit to the rules around it. The TSA is not in your driveway so you are free to drive and avoid them. Of course you're giving away other rights by doing that so you may want to walk

I disagree. This is akin to saying you are choosing to submit to unjustified search and seizure by choosing to go on living. You can play by their intrusive rules, or greatly inconvenience yourself. Government does not own the airlines. It does not own the skies. It does however own the roads, so I can understand the rules they enforce there.

there are laws against a citizen being subjected if they are "just living" right? and wouldn't that be unavoidable? If you choose to fly you choose to be searched or don't fly and you can easily avoid it. Pretty simple IMO

there are laws against a citizen being subjected if they are "just living" right and wouldn't that be unavoidable? If you choose to fly you choose to be searched or don't fly and avoid it. Pretty simple IMO

It's a hypothetical, so what I am saying is: what if there were no such thing as unlawful search and seizure? You could avoid unjustified search and seizure, but the alternative isn't feasible. If you choose to live, you choose to be searched.

Pretend the TSA has expanded to general security, so anytime you attend a football game, movie, concert, etc. you get searched by federal agents. No one is making you go to the movie. It's for your safety. Are you still cool with it?

I disagree. This is akin to saying you are choosing to submit to unjustified search and seizure by choosing to go on living. You can play by their intrusive rules, or greatly inconvenience yourself. Government does not own the airlines. It does not own the skies. It does however own the roads, so I can understand the rules they enforce there.

why do you let them check you for alcohol before going into Neyland?

VN Store

Back