Texas Immigration Bills

VOLatile

BRB Pooping
Some of them are pretty silly...

Texas immigration bill has big exception - CNN.com

One would allow only maids, gardeners, and landscapers to stay, everyone else gets deported and their employers go to jail for up to 2 years. Why the exception??

Another allows for racial profiling by requiring cops to ask a person's citizenship status. I highly doubt a cop will ask a white person for their status.

Another would make English the official language of Texas.

One that seems reasonable is an 8% surcharge on money wired from Texas to Latin America.

Another allows for racial profiling by requiring cops to ask a person's citizenship status. I highly doubt a cop will ask a white person for their status.

this was stated with the AZ law and yet was never proven either. In fact the AZ law specifically prohibited it

white people who can't speak english without a heavy accent will surely be asked for their citizenship status.

We should offer the option of serving 4 years in the military to those that can qualify.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

As the dollar keeps dropping this law nor the one already on the books wont be needed.

Cop - "License, registration, proof of insurance?"

Driver - "Ah no." [With thick foreign accent] (notice I didn't say lacking white skin)

Cop - "You have no papers?"

Driver - "Ah no."

In your world this guy would just be let go. No license, no registration, no insurance. Who cares? He causes an accident on the way home and the other driver is left footing the bill (I've see it, I've been there).

In my world, this guy is arrested and his identification is determined, his "right" to drive a car is determined. He is held without bond (because his home address is not known and is a flight risk). I don't know what "punishment" I would give but one thing is for sure...there is no way this guy ever becomes a citizen.

Engrish is overlated.

all_your_base.jpg

Where the hell did that come from?

Oh, I don't know. Someone mentioned "real" English and I thought...you know...Ebonics is "English"-ish. I would consider that an example of NOT real English. Mmmm..I think I'll say that.

Is that OK with you?

Now that you mention it, it would be pretty cool if they passed a law that made Ebonics the official language of TX. Thanks for opening my eyes on the subject.

Cop - "License, registration, proof of insurance?"

Driver - "Ah no." [With thick foreign accent] (notice I didn't say lacking white skin)

Cop - "You have no papers?"

Driver - "Ah no."

In your world this guy would just be let go. No license, no registration, no insurance. Who cares? He causes an accident on the way home and the other driver is left footing the bill (I've see it, I've been there).

In my world, this guy is arrested and his identification is determined, his "right" to drive a car is determined. He is held without bond (because his home address is not known and is a flight risk). I don't know what "punishment" I would give but one thing is for sure...there is no way this guy ever becomes a citizen.

Notice it doesn't say anything about being pulled over or a crime being committed first? I'm not sure if it's stated so in the bill, but it would have to be. And you definitely are wrong about my interpretation there.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back