the shootings helped obama.

Over the last year, a majority of people are seeing through the medias bias for the left.
Kind of depends on which network you watch. They both suck. They are so out of touch with the American public it just really doesn't matter which ass clown they put in there anymore. We're screwed either way.

Having a selection between Palin and Obama is like watching the SECCG last year. Can't they both lose?

Having a selection between Palin and Obama is like watching the SECCG last year. Can't they both lose?

it's just a sad commentary on our political system. The best and brightest stay away from it and this is what we're left with

it's just a sad commentary on our political system. The best and brightest stay away from it and this is what we're left with

Cant say I blame them

They get ripped apart by the media machine

Lied about by both parties

Crap dug up from when they were a kid.( I knew him, he use to pick his nose)

All kinds of crap that just isnt necessary

Media needs to stay out of politics

Obama's speech was roundly supported and applauded, even by the right. I even heard Beck say he thought it was good and struck the proper balance, although he was also a bit put off by the crowd's demeanor, as we all were.

When Bush spoke after 9/11 I thought he did a fantastic job and didn't care that he was going to get some poll points for it. I mean, that's his job.

So in other words, August?
Not sure when it will peak or if there will be a price shock, but I'm afraid it's just the next logical step in the sequence of events that we set in motion when we started printing money.

The tragedy didn't help - his response to it did.

Likewise, the BP disaster didn't help but his response lowered his popularity.

However as has been pointed out, unless the economy gets better "rain puddles in heaven" ain't gonna mean Jack Squat.

Obama's speech was roundly supported and applauded, even by the right. I even heard Beck say he thought it was good and struck the proper balance, although he was also a bit put off by the crowd's demeanor, as we all were.

When Bush spoke after 9/11 I thought he did a fantastic job and didn't care that he was going to get some poll points for it. I mean, that's his job.

It was the job of the president to take front stage after the concerted attack on 9-11. Obama attending this function was strictly political, it was neither his job nor his responsibility to do so. There is an obvious difference between the two events, Obama went with the objective to score political points, it was the only objective.

Not sure when it will peak or if there will be a price shock, but I'm afraid it's just the next logical step in the sequence of events that we set in motion when we started printing money.

And if there is decent economic growth there will be upward pressure on prices.

It was the job of the president to take front stage after the concerted attack on 9-11. Obama attending this function was strictly political, it was neither his job nor his responsibility to do so. There is an obvious difference between the two events, Obama went with the objective to score political points, it was the only objective.

i agree, but i doubt there is a president in history who wouldn't show up.

I agree . . . but it is sort of maddening that seemingly simple gestures which are just part of the job can move the needle so easily.

i agree, but i doubt there is a president in history who wouldn't show up.

I'm not so sure, in this heavily partisan political age I'm not so sure this or many other presidents would attend if the other belonged to the opposing political party unless his presence was requested.

I'm not so sure, in this heavily partisan political age I'm not so sure this or many other presidents would attend if the other belonged to the opposing political party unless his presence was requested.

disagree. not showing up, particurally if it was the other political party, would be bad for your popularity rating.

disagree. not showing up, particurally if it was the other political party, would be bad for your popularity rating.
No doubt about it. It's just what Presidents do. About the only criticism I have is that he probably spoke too long.

VN Store

Back