2287 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on the shootings helped obama. Page 9. within the forum Politics. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #121
Ed12111

the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPorange View Post
My "no" was in reference to it undermining my idealist comment. I'm saying he's such an idealist, he's seemingly more concerned with "scoring points" than good policy (not to be mistaken with "policy I agree with," but rather policy that causes the desired effect and sticks). His intent may be Machiavellian in strategy (I think Emmanuel certainly fits that sort of mold), but it falls short when it comes to results.
Except he has repeatedly stated that although the healthcare bill is not perfect(or what he would have preferred), it's better than before. If you disagree with that then you are making a distinction of "policy I disagree with".
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #122
lawgator1

the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by droski View Post
since ed wont answer the question. you want to explain why he wasn't on the honor roll at columbia or occidental if his grades were harvard law worthy?

I have no idea why he got what grades he got or why he got into whatever school he got into.

Also, not saying he's the smartest ever. Frankly, seems like a pointless debate since there is no basis to compare. I mean, Reagan might not have been the sharpest tool in the shed in terms of academics but the guy was a master politician. Bush was, in my opinion, a bit of a dolt, but he knew how to delegate. Clinton was pretty bright, but had the judgment on occasion of a horny teenager.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #123
Ed12111

the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgator1 View Post
I have no idea why he got what grades he got or why he got into whatever school he got into.

Also, not saying he's the smartest ever. Frankly, seems like a pointless debate since there is no basis to compare. I mean, Reagan might not have been the sharpest tool in the shed in terms of academics but the guy was a master politician. Bush was, in my opinion, a bit of a dolt, but he knew how to delegate. Clinton was pretty bright, but had the judgment on occasion of a horny teenager.
To be fair, no one was arguing he was the smartest ever.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #124
DC Vol
Agent Orange

the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama.
the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama.
If a politician isn't Machiavellian... they're doing it wrong. It's about putting up a facade and staying abreast with the ebb and flow (or perceived) of the body politic.

I highly doubt many politicans are acting (and campaigning) as a result of their own political ideals.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #125
Dr Dread

the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama.
Barack Obama's GPA - College Records | Edu in Review Blog

Unfortunately, I could find nothing concrete as to what he scored on the LSAT; but I find it hard to argue that he didn't belong at Harvard Law School (at least intellectually), given that he graduated magna cum laude.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #126
bam15
Burning time on this site

Class performance and "intelligence" isn't the be-all and end-all of governing.

I'm confident that Bush is fairly average in book-smarts, yet his people-skills are off the charts.

Wilson had a PhD and many feel that he was a rather poor president.

With that said, those saying that Obama went to Harvard Law and graduated MCL only because of his skin-color are deceiving themselves.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #127
NEOCON

the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolpj View Post
it's just a sad commentary on our political system. The best and brightest stay away from it and this is what we're left with
There's no money in it. Senators make less than 200K. What top small business owner or high level ex is going to take a job for 175K? This is why kick backs are always happening and the Senators makew their decisions based on who will give them the most money under the table and after their careers.

The only exception is business owners who are already worth multi-millions and don't need the money or are doing it to pass tax breaks to make their earning more.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #128
fl0at
studyin' like heck

the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama. the shootings helped obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatethebuckeyes View Post
There's no money in it. Senators make less than 200K. What top small business owner or high level ex is going to take a job for 175K? This is why kick backs are always happening and the Senators makew their decisions based on who will give them the most money under the table and after their careers.

The only exception is business owners who are already worth multi-millions and don't need the money or are doing it to pass tax breaks to make their earning more.
Some people like power more than money. And their pay is not their lifestyle. They aren't likely spending a lot of out of pocket money on much.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #129
IPorange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed12111 View Post
Except he has repeatedly stated that although the healthcare bill is not perfect(or what he would have preferred), it's better than before. If you disagree with that then you are making a distinction of "policy I disagree with".
Not necessarily. There are plenty of health care advocates that are upset about the bill and don't think it was "better than before."

Like I have already said.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #130
bam15
Burning time on this site

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl0at View Post
Some people like power more than money. And their pay is not their lifestyle. They aren't likely spending a lot of out of pocket money on much.
Yep.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #131
Ed12111

Quote:
Not necessarily. There are plenty of health care advocates that are upset about the bill and don't think it was "better than before."

Like I have already said.
And? Of course there are people for or against the bill. That doesn't change the fact that Obama has said he would have preferred something different, but is happier with what we have now than what we had before.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #132
IPorange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed12111 View Post
And? Of course there are people for or against the bill. That doesn't change the fact that Obama has said he would have preferred something different, but is happier with what we have now than what we had before.
We're going in circles here.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #133
azVolFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgator1 View Post

Bush being stupid is just another of the long list of lies you are comfortable perpetuating.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #134
Ed12111

Quote:
We're going in circles here.
You argued Obama is of lower intelligence because he just passed any old legislation after he didn't get what he originally wanted. Therefore, he is more concerned with "getting points". Of course your original argument was that he was of a lower intelligence because he was too strongly ideological. I'm pointing out that

1. Those two arguments are contradictory
2. He is actually more happy with what we have now than what we had before.

That's it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #135
IPorange

The two arguments are not contradictory, as I presented them. I never said he was of "lower intelligence," I said he wasn't a genius.
Reply With Quote TOP