What is Palin talking about ?

lawgator1

To paraphrase "A Princess Bride" ....

This phrase "blood libel." I don't think it means what you think it means.

All over the news. Yet again, the irrelevant blabbering of an attention whore gets on the news.

To paraphrase "A Princess Bride" ....

This phrase "blood libel." I don't think it means what you think it means.

Much ado about nothing - no surprise you are running with it.

I'll take Alan Dershowitz' view on this:

Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz similarly defended Palin from criticism over the use of the term.

“There is nothing improper and certainly nothing anti-Semitic in Sarah Palin using the term to characterize what she reasonably believes are false accusations that her words or images may have caused a mentally disturbed individual to kill and maim” Dershowitz told BigGovernment.com.

“The fact that two of the victims are Jewish is utterly irrelevant to the propriety of using this widely used term.”

Read more: Dershowitz, others defend Palin’s use of ‘blood libel’ | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

All over the news. Yet again, the irrelevant blabbering of an attention whore gets on the news.

She may be an attention whore but the attempt to attack via parsing a two word phrase that is acceptable in this context shows her haters are equal attention whores no?

The full statement from Dershowitz

The term “blood libel” has taken on a broad metaphorical meaning in public discourse. Although its historical origins were in theologically based false accusations against the Jews and the Jewish People,its current usage is far broader. I myself have used it to describe false accusations against the State of Israel by the Goldstone Report. There is nothing improper and certainly nothing anti-Semitic in Sarah Palin using the term to characterize what she reasonably believes are false accusations that her words or images may have caused a mentally disturbed individual to kill and maim. The fact that two of the victims are Jewish is utterly irrelevant to the propriety of using this widely used term.

And from the ADL

It was inappropriate at the outset to blame Sarah Palin and others for causing this tragedy or for being an accessory to murder. Palin has every right to defend herself against these kinds of attacks, and we agree with her that the best tradition in America is one of finding common ground despite our differences.

Still, we wish that Palin had not invoked the phrase "blood-libel" in reference to the actions of journalists and pundits in placing blame for the shooting in Tucson on others. While the term "blood-libel" has become part of the English parlance to refer to someone being falsely accused, we wish that Palin had used another phrase, instead of one so fraught with pain in Jewish history.

She may be an attention whore but the attempt to attack via parsing a two word phrase that is acceptable in this context shows her haters are equal attention whores no?

The news has to have stories. But that is exactly what she wants. I couldn't give a hoot what Sarah Palin thinks.

My words have no consequences but words about my words can incite violence. That's pretty much what she's trying to say. Somehow she wants to look like a victim.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I could give a crap about her as well but this is serious nit picking.

I also understand why she would put out a statement since many national figures have accused her of causing the events.

I also understand why she would put out a statement since many national figures have accused her of causing the events.

Understandable when your name being thrown around with murder.

The news has to have stories. But that is exactly what she wants. I couldn't give a hoot what Sarah Palin thinks.

Isn't she just defending her name against the idiocy of the left wing hate machine (all credit it LG on that phrase)?

Understandable. However, if those critics are attacking her for unfounded reasons, then it would be pointless to issue a statement, for they would find more cause for attack. Given her current unpopularity it would
be wise to stay out of the limelight.

Understandable. However, if those critics are attacking her for unfounded reasons, then it would be pointless to issue a statement, for they would find more cause for attack. Given her current unpopularity it would
be wise to stay out of the limelight.

I can see that as well. As I said, I'm not a fan and wish she would go away but the "blood libel" frenzy is absolutely ridiculous and quite telling.

She needs to go away, but won't because the cash flow has to be enormous.

She doesn't need to be the one pointing out the idiocy of those crying about this. Silence and time were beginning to hammer them. She actually slowed the tide by weighing in, but has to remain as relevant as possible so had to.

She's also an expert on diplomatic relations with the Soviets due to proximity of Alaska to Vladivostock.

I don't want to be confused as a Palin supporter but the things the left has gotten away with saying about her is disgusting. I think a lot of what she has done (you would call it "whoring") is to continue defending herself from the time that she was announced as McCain's running mate. Because of all the recent attacks on her since Saturday's massacre by the insane liberal (identified as a tea party activist by the MSM) I think she is justified in making a statement.

I can see that as well. As I said, I'm not a fan and wish she would go away but the "blood libel" frenzy is absolutely ridiculous and quite telling.

It is, but that is the nature of politics. It goes both ways.

She's an idiot, but by God she's our idiot, and we'll defend her.*

*These views are not intended to be taken as the views of the author.

She needs to go away, but won't because the cash flow has to be enormous.

She doesn't need to be the one pointing out the idiocy of those crying about this. Silence and time were beginning to hammer them. She actually slowed the tide by weighing in, but has to remain as relevant as possible so had to.

She's also an expert on diplomatic relations with the Soviets due to proximity of Alaska to Vladivostock.

Putin errr Dmitri Medvedev would wipe
the floor with her.

Unfortunately, until the media ignores her, she won't go away.

I don't want to be confused as a Palin supporter but the things the left has gotten away with saying about her is disgusting. I think a lot of what she has done (you would call it "whoring") is to continue defending herself from the time that she was announced as McCain's running mate. Because of all the recent attacks on her since Saturday's massacre by the insane liberal (identified as a tea party activist by the MSM) I think she is justified in making a statement.

Point taken. It's still conspicuous.

I do wish shed go away, but I really can't blame her for saying enough is enough in this situation.

That said, her speechwriter should have known better. You have to nitpick every word she says because someone is going to.

Let's be honest, we live in a day and age of shock value and sound bites. If you don't have a catchy phrase or something the world finds edgy you are just not going to get media attention. It's why every politician says stupid things anymore and are constantly making arses of themselves.

Let's be honest, we live in a day and age of shock value and sound bites. If you don't have a catchy phrase or something the world finds edgy you are just not going to get media attention. It's why every politician says stupid things anymore and are constantly making arses of themselves.

The days of Ciceronian and Jeffersonian eloquence have long passed us by.

Clinton was capable.

Few better, ever, than Churchill.

Churchill was a dandy.

I always thought that Bill was slightly overrated. Kennedy was always much better to me. Sorensen was a fantastic speechwriter.

Then again, everyone has different styles in their own ways.

The great ones are few and far between in today's society.

VN Store

Back