3178 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Indoctrinating American school children with moslim viewpoint. Page 7. within the forum Politics. Originally Posted by joevol320 if you follow the Bible then you would just need to read Genesis. It tells you ...

Go Back   VolNation > Off Topic Forums > Politics

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #91 (permalink)
my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by joevol320 View Post
if you follow the Bible then you would just need to read Genesis. It tells you how the earth was created. as for it not being important, it is very important.
This is a rather silly thing to say in the context of this particular discussion. While Genesis does tell us who is responsible it does not tell us how it was created other than to say God was responsible. To act as if there is no further explanation needed given the curious nature of human beings (the same curious nature which God bestowed on us) seems rather naive to me.

Life is very multifaceted and it seems to me that if you subscribe to the notion of their being a creator then you must believe he intended for us to ask questions and seek answers beyond what was written in the Bible. This is how I view things though and I fully understand that many others do not.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB5252 View Post
This is a rather silly thing to say in the context of this particular discussion. While Genesis does tell us who is responsible it does not tell us how it was created other than to say God was responsible. To act as if there is no further explanation needed given the curious nature of human beings (the same curious nature which God bestowed on us) seems rather naive to me.

Life is very multifaceted and it seems to me that if you subscribe to the notion of their being a creator then you must believe he intended for us to ask questions and seek answers beyond what was written in the Bible. This is how I view things though and I fully understand that many others do not.
He created the earth in 6 days. I don't there is much explanation needed. I agree though, I do think there is need to study science from a Christian perspective just for the sake of debunking evolutional theory. God wouldn't give us the answer so easily. I understand and agree what your saying.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPorange View Post
I understood it as them saying causality is more important than process, and that the Bible spoke to causality, but not really much to process.

I could be wrong though.
Most eloquently spoken, sir.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
JayVols is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #94 (permalink)
my 2 cents

Quote:
He created the earth in 6 days. I don't there is much explanation needed. I do think there is need to study science from a Christian perspective just for the sake of debunking evolutional theory.
I don't believe the earth was created in six days and that is in no way a conflict with my beliefs as a Christian. Careful reading, research and understanding of Genesis along with scientific information debunks a misunderstanding that has been perpetuated for far too long IMO. This is an example of the main problem I have with many denominations, they are so hard headed they throw all reason aside and paint themselves into a corner without need. The earth could have been created over 7 trillion years and I see no conflict with my faith in accepting that as a possibility.

Last edited by KB5252; 12-29-2010 at 03:36 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB5252 View Post
I don't believe the earth was created in six days and that is in no way a conflict with my beliefs as a Christian. Careful reading, research and understanding of Genesis along with scientific information debunks a misunderstanding that has been perpetuated for far too long IMO. This is an example of the main problem I have with many denominations, they are so hard headed they through all reason aside and paint themselves into a corner without need. The earth could have been created over 7 trillion years and I see no conflict with my faith in accepting that as a possibility.
On the flip side, God could have created it in 6 minutes or 6 seconds and the same holds true.

I am just amazed that some cannot understand the underlying meaning of Genesis 1 was that a) God created it and b) He declared it good.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #96 (permalink)

There's a lot of numerical symbolism in the Bible. 3 and 7 come up an awful lot for a reason. In fact, I've read that "7" stands for "complete." Applying this to the creation story, it is possible that 6 days of work and 1 day of rest may represent that it took a lot longer to create everything before man was here, than the time man has been here.
IPorange is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #97 (permalink)
my 2 cents

Quote:
There's a lot of numerical symbolism in the Bible. 3 and 7 come up an awful lot for a reason. In fact, I've read that "7" stands for "complete." Applying this to the creation story, it is possible that 6 days of work and 1 day of rest may represent that it took a lot longer to create everything before man was here, than the time man has been here.
I would also add that because some of the stories in the Bible were handed down from ages long before they were put to stone or parchment the way time was measured or described almost certainly changed. Given that area of the world has always been a turbulent crossroads ideas and concepts were in some degree of flux throughout that lands history.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #98 (permalink)

Agreed. There are contexts to the Bible that have to be considered, whether you are a believer or not. There's a reason people have dedicated their lives to studying it. It's not as simple as just cracking it open and reading cover to cover.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:17 PM   #99 (permalink)

[QUOTE=IPorange;4496501]Agreed. There are contexts to the Bible that have to be considered, whether you are a believer or not. There's a reason people have dedicated their lives to studying it. It's not as simple as just cracking it open and reading cover to cover.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. When something as simple as "Thou shalt not murder." can get corrupted into "Thou shalt not kill." it's obvious you need to be paying attention. Even though that little bugaboo has straightened itself out for most people actually keeping up there are a lot of people out there that still believe the Bible actually forbids killing regardless of reason or circumstance. It's just not that simple.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-29-2010, 10:04 PM   #100 (permalink)
Ridge Runner

Quote:
Agreed. There are contexts to the Bible that have to be considered, whether you are a believer or not. There's a reason people have dedicated their lives to studying it. It's not as simple as just cracking it open and reading cover to cover.
Solid post IP.

The essentials are fairly easy to comprehend. The more detailed, deep stuff takes more effort.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #101 (permalink)

And I'll now apply that same logic to the problems Islam is having with extremists and "fundamentalists." It's very simplistic to say a particular faith is "evil" all because of how some are interpreting it and acting out in it's name.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #102 (permalink)
Ridge Runner

Quote:
And I'll now apply that same logic to the problems Islam is having with extremists and "fundamentalists." It's very simplistic to say a particular faith is "evil" all because of how some are interpreting it and acting out in it's name.
As stated before there are some similarities in the teachings and beliefs with the 2. There are also some glaring differences when you look at the entire picture/context.

Not all muslims are terrorist, killers but that doesn't erase the text that explains some of their actions. Some have chose not to follow those teachings.

In regards to "spreading the faith" or "converting the non believer" it seems you are justified in using force in islam, to the point of eliminating the non converts. That doesn't mean that all do, but if they did, according to my understanding they are not in the wrong. My belief system is about as opposite of that as can be possible.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:16 AM   #103 (permalink)
Discombobulated

Quote:
faith and science are not at odds. It's just that scientists have passed evolution as a fact and not theory. if anything there is more science that disproves evolution than supports it.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha

lol

lmao

rofl

ha.

Seriously, I'd like to see you back up this silly-ass claim. I know that's asking a lot.

Last edited by DinkinFlicka; 12-30-2010 at 12:29 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-30-2010, 01:14 AM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervol9802 View Post
On the flip side, God could have created it in 6 minutes or 6 seconds and the same holds true.

I am just amazed that some cannot understand the underlying meaning of Genesis 1 was that a) God created it and b) He declared it good.
The Bible does state that to God one day can be as a thousand years and a thousand years can be as one day.

Quote:
Muhammed himself thought that his siezures during which he had lurid dreams was because he was being possessed by satan, his wife convinced him that it was revelations from a god. (The basic premiss of 'satanic verses' for which the author was condemned to death by islamic clerics.)

There is much to be said of the evil of islam being a satanic religion in that satan is also known as the great deceiver and islam does condone, even demand that it's adherants do everything they can to deceive nonmuslims.

One of the things about islam is that it's doctrine demands that sharia law be enacted worldwide and when that is done in any local then they have dictatorial power over all the people.

Example A:

Zombie The Five Best Arguments Against Sharia in the United States

Quote:
Last month, 70% of the voters in Oklahoma approved State Question 755, which bans Sharia law (and international law) from being used in the state’s legal system. Almost immediately afterward, CAIR (the Council on American-Islamic Relations) sued to have the vote overturned, based on the bizarre claim that the measure is “unconstitutional.” U.S. District Judge Vicki Miles-LaGrange then sided with CAIR and issued an injunction preventing the measure from taking effect until all lawsuits against it are resolved. Since the suits will likely take years to play out, the new measure (and the will of the voters) will be stymied for the foreseeable future.

Those who oppose Sharia in the United States often argue their point by highlighting how misogynistic, backward, cruel and discriminatory Islamic law can be under most interpretations. And while all that may be true, it is the wrong argument to make. I get so frustrated watching pundits, politicians and bloggers making the weakest argument in what should be a slam-dunk debate that I’ve decided to write this brief outline of what I think should be the prioritized hierarchy of arguments against the use of Sharia in the United States.

In order, these are the arguments that Sharia’s opponents should be using, not just in Oklahoma but anywhere else in the country where the same issue crops up:
The top five reasons are worth reading, even (and maybe especially) if you are an atheist or of any religion other than islam.

gsvol is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-30-2010, 01:23 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinkinFlicka View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha

lol

lmao

rofl

ha.

Seriously, I'd like to see you back up this silly-ass claim. I know that's asking a lot.
I presume you must be the missing link??

That would make sense, pond scum be praised.
gsvol is offline   Reply With Quote TOP