Right wing TP-type loonie shoots up school board meeting; kills self

This man seems to be more against the rich than government. Reading his quotes the only common thread was about the rich.

Sounds more Lenin than Mussolini.

Not to mention, he didn't kill anyone. Or hit anyone. It's just come crazy guy. To paint Republicans or the Tea Party with that brush is just dumb. You've gone from liberal to troll lately.

This man seems to be more against the rich than government. Reading his quotes the only common thread was about the rich.

Sounds more Lenin than Mussolini.

Not to mention, he didn't kill anyone. Or hit anyone. It's just come crazy guy. To paint Republicans or the Tea Party with that brush is just dumb. You've gone from liberal to troll lately.

No, the Ron Paul "V" thing, the rantings about government and taxation. You can draw out the stuff about the rich if you want, but its awfully clear where he was coming from.

As far as no one getting hurt, you need to watch the video. He was just about the worst shot in recorded history.

It's Wednesday. LG has taken off his feigned-outrage hat and is now wearing his hyperbole hat and stretched-logic jeans.

If the guy was a right winger then I need to rethink my whole outlook on politics. (and I haven't subscribed to the right wing/left wing view for nearly a half century, that's only the cover story for what really goes on.)

http://blog.eyeblast.tv/2010/12/who...pened-fire-at-a-florida-school-board-meeting/

Duke lists his political views as “Freedom Fighter”, religious views as “Humanism”, and bought heavily into class warfare rhetoric. This is specified from some of the quotes within his profile, they read:

My Testament: Some people (the government sponsored media) will say I was evil, a monster (V)… no… I was just born poor in a country where the Wealthy manipulate, use, abuse, and economically enslave 95% of the population. Rich Republicans, Rich Democrats… same-same… rich… they take turns fleecing us… our few dollars… pyramiding the wealth for themselves. The 95%… the us, in US of A, are the neo slaves of the Global South. Our Masters, the Wealthy, do, as they like to us…

There’s class warfare, all right, but its my class, the rich class that’s making war and we’re winning”

- Warren Buffet
--------------------------

Below this section he has a series of websites that gives us a better understanding of who he is. Some of the links include The Progressive Mind , the (Soros funded, Hitlery cheering) liberal Media Matters , Crimes of the State, Wikileaks Mirrors, etc.
-------------------------------

Of course, this is just information drawn from his Facebook page. However, going from this surface information alone, it looks as though Duke was a liberal who bought heavily into class warfare rhetoric and believed in a few conspiracy theories.

The guy seems far closer to the average Obama appointee than he does to anything even remotely resembling a conservative. :loco:

I bet there was a sign on the door that said "no guns allowed" too.

We've sold about 20 of those signs in the last week or so at work. Pretty popular lately with the new, more lax conceal and carry laws in IA now.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We've sold about 20 of those signs in the last week or so at work. Pretty popular lately with the new, more lax conceal and carry laws in IA now.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Round here most everybodys got one in the truck. With a sign in the back window.

Round here most everybodys got one in the truck. With a sign in the back window.

There's a large crowd of them here, too. Many of them are proud to tell everyone that they're packing heat. Some nutjob came into work to look into trading a shotgun in on Saturday, with the shotgun strapped to his back and no case. They kicked him out because our policy is to have it in a gun case with a lock on it. He went off on the owner saying something about him suing the store for not allowing him to come in with the gun. :eek:lol:

There's a large crowd of them here, too. Many of them are proud to tell everyone that they're packing heat. Some nutjob came into work to look into trading a shotgun in on Saturday, with the shotgun strapped to his back and no case. They kicked him out because our policy is to have it in a gun case with a lock on it. He went off on the owner saying something about him suing the store for not allowing him to come in with the gun. :eek:lol:

Prolly loaded and ready to test too.:)

Mines in the truck occasionally. Typically from home to my grannys to hunt, or just to shoot.

I was wondering where that thread went, as well.

There wasn't anything offensive about it. No bad language or pics.

I can only conclude that it was taken off the board because of the content and argument, which everyone here in the politics thread obviously should find very disturbing.

This will make some of you happy -- it actualy has me considering boycotting the politics forum for awhile.

Prolly loaded and ready to test too.:)

Mines in the truck occasionally. Typically from home to my grannys to hunt, or just to shoot.

No doubt. I've never been able to grasp why anyone carries here in a rather non-violent city. The criminals usually stay in the ghetto. Although there was a rapist that the police were on a manhunt for tonight that had escaped from Iowa City and flipped a car a block from my work. Not sure if they found him yet or not.

I was wondering where that thread went, as well.

There wasn't anything offensive about it. No bad language or pics.

I can only conclude that it was taken off the board because of the content and argument, which everyone here in the politics thread obviously should find very disturbing.

This will make some of you happy -- it actualy has me considering boycotting the politics forum for awhile.

I would be elated. :) Seriously... how do you post that article, with all the descriptive labels you used for the guy, but leave out "ex convict" which was in the first sentence of the article. For whatever reason, lately you have been trying much too hard to bash the right imo.

No doubt. I've never been able to grasp why anyone carries here in a rather non-violent city. The criminals usually stay in the ghetto. Although there was a rapist that the police were on a manhunt for tonight that had escaped from Iowa City and flipped a car a block from my work. Not sure if they found him yet or not.

I have several. Don't feel the need to advertise it. But if the case ever presents its self outside of huntin, Im covered.

I would be elated. :) Seriously... how do you post that article, with all the descriptive labels you used for the guy, but leave out "ex convict" which was in the first sentence of the article. For whatever reason, lately you have been trying much too hard to bash the right imo.

Because I didn't get the impression that he was motivated to do what he did by virtue of being an ex-con. I got the impression that he was buying into all of the sky-is-falling nonsense of the likes of Beck and the TP extremists who hate government, either because they can't stomach a black man as POTUS or because they can't fathom the value of policy based on intellect and fact, as opposed to hyperbole and intolerance.

In fact, can a mod advise as to why that thread was taken down and who made the decision on that?

Because I didn't get the impression that he was motivated to do what he did by virtue of being an ex-con. I got the impression that he was buying into all of the sky-is-falling nonsense of the likes of Beck and the TP extremists who hate government, either because they can't stomach a black man as POTUS or because they can't fathom the value of policy based on intellect and fact, as opposed to hyperbole and intolerance.

So you just labeled him according to your impression or thoughts of what he may could possibly be, but really not sure.

Or you could just go ahead and stick him in the KKK along with anyone else that is white and doesn't agree with a president that happens to be black.

Your rollin LG, your rollin.:good!:

In fact, can a mod advise as to why that thread was taken down and who made the decision on that?
It was me . . . because the feigned outrage and stretched association act has grown tired.

I couldn't care less what your politics are, I dumped it for the same reason I've deleted off the wall Obama threads.

It was me . . . because the feigned outrage and stretched association act has grown tired.

I couldn't care less what your politics are, I dumped it for the same reason I've deleted off the wall Obama threads.

Huh.

I see:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/politics/117934-obamas-final-betrayal.html

http://www.volnation.com/forum/politics/117888-michelle-obama-bad-her-husband.html

http://www.volnation.com/forum/politics/117841-obamas-spiritual-advisor-trashes-america-uk.html

It would appear that your own politics is affecting your judgment on this.

Solomon could not have displayed more wisdom. :eek:k:

It would appear that your own politics is affecting your judgment on this.
It would appear that you are commenting on something you don't know jack about . . . the amount of stuff that I have removed, edited, merged etc, to keep this forum from turning into a tire fire on all sides.

To ease your pain, I will now bring back your thread and merge it with this one so that all may see your masterpiece of logic.

It would appear that you are commenting on something you don't know jack about . . . the amount of stuff that I have removed, edited, merged etc, to keep this forum from turning into a tire fire on all sides.

To ease your pain, I will now bring back your thread and merge it with this one so that all may see your masterpiece of logic.

Seems reasonable.

Duke's attorney on the case, Ben Bollinger, remembered Duke as especially paranoid about the new millennium.
"He was one of these Y2k people," he said, referring to a computer bug that some people thought was going to cause massive problems and economic chaos Jan. 1, 2000. "He was one of those believers that the world was going to turn for worst and he was stockpiling weapons, assault weapons."

About a week ago, Clay Duke joined Facebook. Over the past several days, he added photo stills from the movie and graphic novel "V for Vendetta," a nihilistic account of a masked man who fights against a totalitarian government. The movie's predominant symbol – a red "V" inside of a circle – was posted several times on Duke's page.
He also quoted the final passage from Percy Shelley's "Masque of Anarchy": "Rise like lions after slumber/In unvanquishable number/Shake your chains to earth, like dew/Which in sleep had fall'n on you/Ye are many-they are few."

I am struggling to see how this man is more likely to have been applauding in an Obama campaign stop than, say, at a Glenn Beck rally.

VN Store

Back