Stephen Colbert on Capitol Hill

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
He tried to enter his colonoscopy into the Congressional Record.

Stephen Colbert Takes On Congress, Ironically Argues For Farm Workers - ABC News

I guess it's fitting. Congress is a joke.

Instapundit speculated that this was scheduled stunt to divert attention from Chris Coates’ Civil Rights Commission testimony on the Black Panthers and reverse racism at Holder’s DOJ.

Hot Air Coates: Obama appointee told me to stop pursuing race-neutral enforcement of Voting Rights Act

As noted there, I think that coverage would still have been less embarassing for the Democrats than the Colbert appearance.

I loved the pause after a line and then silence. About half of his jokes were met by sounds of crickets. At least we can now justify saying that Congress is a joke.

I loved the pause after a line and then silence. About half of his jokes were met by sounds of crickets. At least we can now justify saying that Congress is a joke.

much like the sound around my house when he is on the tv (which is very rare). dude is just not funny.

This seems like the perfect time for congress to be f'ing around. You'd think that Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens are keeping them busy enough.

Congress was just talking about adjourning this week anyway. You know how those last couple of days can be before vacation

"Colbert's appearance on the Hill has drawn fire from Republicans, who have argued that his testimony will be a joke."

how clever
Posted via VolNation Mobile

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it"

They never even read what they vote on anyways...we'll just let the professional jokes burn time at the hearings instead. Rome is burning and Nero's doing standup.

Yet there is no time for either party to deal with tax cuts until after the mid-terms?

Hmmmmm .....

Yet there is no time for either party to deal with tax cuts until after the mid-terms?

Hmmmmm .....

Who controls the committees? Who has the majority? Who has the White House? Last I checked the D's are the ones in control and set the agenda. Since when have the Dems waited on the GOP to decide to move forward on debate?

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi applauded the testimony, even if a good chunk of it was delivered in character.

"Of course I think it's appropriate. He's an American, right?" Pelosi said. "He comes before the committee, he has a point of view, he can bring attention to an important issue like immigration. I think it's great."

But Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., the subcommittee chairwoman who invited Colbert to testify, intervened.
"Many are eager to hear his comments," she said.

seems the group in charge really wanted this

I am trying to understand why the left would believe making a mockery of the very issue they are trying to deal with is a good thing. I guess they are of the belief that any publicity is good publicity just like LG's favorite college coach Kiffin.

I am trying to understand why the left would believe making a mockery of the very issue they are trying to deal with is a good thing. I guess they are of the belief that any publicity is good publicity just like LG's favorite college coach Kiffin.

In a breaking news story, Lacey Pearl Earps has just been hired by the DNC to recruit votes for the general election.

if anyone wondered if Congress should be increasingly in charge of our lives and business activities this stunt should answer the question with a resounding NO.

presumably, Colbert was testifying because he spent 1 day as a farm worker in a stunt for his show.

makes you wonder about the "experts" Congress uses to pen legislation or determine the need for legislation.

Since OE is away I post it for him.

Government = failure.

if anyone wondered if Congress should be increasingly in charge of our lives and business activities this stunt should answer the question with a resounding NO.

presumably, Colbert was testifying because he spent 1 day as a farm worker in a stunt for his show.

makes you wonder about the "experts" Congress uses to pen legislation or determine the need for legislation.

Since OE is away I post it for him.

Government = failure.

This stunt explains the peoples of opinion of their elected leadership and why they are so dissatisfied with them. If only they would act on it and kick the bums out, I guess they are resigned to the fact that the next crop will be or become equally incompetent.

next the Senate will call on Will Farrell to testify about the harsh work environment elves encounter in Santa's Workshop.

OE has it right, dhimmicraps are a bunch of clowns.

colbertpanther.jpg

The Black Panther Distraction – While Colbert Clowns It Up In Congress The MSM Ignores Black Panther Hearings

Stephen Colbert appearing at the House Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, Refugees, Border Security, and International Law has done its job. They wanted to distract everyone from the bombshells coming out of the Black Panther hearings when Christopher Coates testified, and it sure did.

Weasel Zippers Blog Archive The Colbert Gambit. Looks Like It Worked.

........the Colbert testimony was intended to distract from coverage of Christopher Coates’ testimony about the Justice Department’s racism scandals.
---------------------------

Just for fun I entered the following search terms into Google News to see exactly what the score was. At 11:25am MST Colbert was winning:

Christopher Coates Hearing 45 items

Christopher Coates Testimony 31 items

Stephen Colbert Hearing 873 items

Stephen Colbert Testimony 873 items

VN Store

Back