1312 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. Page 9. within the forum Politics. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 09-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #121
Oldvol75

The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted.
The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinkinFlicka View Post
Yes, but if it were a Subway being built in the exact same spot, everyone would shut up.

Better yet, if it were a Christian church of any denomination, everyone would shut up.
What about the Christian Church that they have not allowed to be rebuilt?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #122
 utvolpj 
non biast mod

The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted.
The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldvol75 View Post
What about the Christian Church that they have not allowed to be rebuilt?
and what are the reasons behind that decision?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #123
KB5252
my 2 cents

The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolpj View Post
I am interested to know myself, you have any info?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #124
Oldvol75

The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted. The Ground Zero mosque is a bad idea and shouldn't be permitted.
Quote:
They have never stated any reason. It is a Greek Orthodox church that they will not give permits to to rebuild.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #125
 utvolpj 
non biast mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB5252 View Post
no clue. I've seen it referenced a couple times but don't care enough to search it out

Quote:
They have never stated any reason. It is a Greek Orthodox church that they will not give permits to to rebuild.
why were the permits denied? Seriously if you're going to post examples like they're equal at least have some facts
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #126
Oldvol75

Quote:

why were the permits denied? Seriously if you're going to post examples like they're equal at least have some facts
FOXNews.com - What About the Ground Zero Church? Archdiocese Says Officials Abandoned Project

Happy now? Google is your friend!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #127
 utvolpj 
non biast mod

Quote:
thanks. I got to here and wondered if I should continue reading

Quote:
Though the particulars of the two projects are completely different and on the surface unrelated, the church and its supporters see a disconnect in the way the proposals have been handled.
I continued

Quote:
They say the church can still proceed on its own if it wishes. "The church continues to have the right to rebuild at their original site, and we will pay fair market value for the underground space beneath that building," a spokesperson with the Port Authority told Fox News.

Last edited by utvolpj; 09-03-2010 at 01:22 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #128
Oldvol75

Quote:
thanks. I got to here and wondered if I should continue reading

Should have payed attention to the sentences before that one.

While the mosque project cleared red tape earlier this month, negotiations between the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the church stalled last year -- and will not be revived, according to government officials.

I continued

But Karloutsos called the Port Authority's claims "propaganda" and said the church has complied with all conditions. He said the government should honor agreements that date back to 2004, under former New York Gov. George Pataki.

The next paragragh after your last quote.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #129
 utvolpj 
non biast mod

I read that and it sounds like they just want the money. My opinion is to tell them to raise it and rebuild. I didn't see anything in there that says they can't do that.

the claims the PA made that I quoted are in black&white and they can be held accountable. Promises they claim were made by a former admin just don't really cut it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #130
gsvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB5252 View Post
Other reasons for denying building permit for the ground zero victory mosque;

They are nearly a quarter million in arrears on property taxes.

The building that was damaged by the aircraft landing gear should be on the historical register and dates back to 1865, that would keep it from being demolished.

As for the Greek Orthodox Church, authorities have been dragging their feet for nearly ten years now over various frivilous issues.

The latest is that they have been told they can't build anything taller than the 9/11 memorial and plans aren't finalized on that yet, I believe. (Denoting that islam is superior to all other religions.)

If it is anything like the proposed 'crescent of embrace' it will be a memorial to islam rather than a memorial to the victims of islamo/fascist terrorism.

Atlas Shrugs: Flight 93 Crescent Memorial, The Other Ground Zero Mosque

Interestingly, islam's most holy day may fall on 9/11 this year, we will have to wait for the moonbat moon gazers to spot the crescent of the new moon for their official declaration of the end of ramadamnit.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #131
gsvol

Turns out so-called holy man Feisel Abdul Rauf is a taxpayer funded slum lord.

Weasel Zippers Blog Archive Ground Zero Imam a Taxpayer Subsidized Slumlord. Oh, and also a fraud.

Quote:
New reports from The Record out of Hackensack, N.J., reveal Feisal Abdul Rauf, the would-be Ground Zero imam, owns taxpayer-subsidized apartment buildings in Hudson County where the tenants have made municipal health complaints including rat, roach and bedbug infestations, seeping toilets, leaks, urine-soaked hallways, no heat and no hot water.

Despite millions of dollars in government subsidies, Rauf has trouble maintaining several small apartment buildings in North Bergen, Palisades Park and Union City.

From the NewJersey.com report:

Page after page of municipal health records examined by The Record show repeated complaints ranging from failure to pick up garbage, to rat and bedbug infestations and no heat and hot water.

Cynthia Balko, 48, of Union City — a longtime tenant of Rauf’s — said she’s had to live with rats, leaks and no heat: “I don’t have anything nice to say about the man.”

Despite having received over $2 million in public funding for renovations, Rauf’s tenants were forced to file municipal health complaints to seek relief. One such single mother living in a Rauf-owned apartment in Union City said Rauf has not answered complaints.
Maybe Hitlery should have paid for the man to make a goodwill tour of New Jersey???

Quote:
According to the new reports, Rauf has a long history of taxpayer subsidies and grants for slum properties. There’s even a new revelation of a lawsuit settled in June over what the report terms a suit alleging fraud.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #132
DinkinFlicka
Erect Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeecherVol View Post
What does a subway have to do with muslim terrorists in planes?

So you are separating muslims from christians?
You're taking the actions and principals of few and applying them to many. Islam did not do that. Al Qaeda did.

This is America. You're damn right I'm separating how most Americans feel about those two religions.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #133
Heebs

What if they did it in the name of said religion?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-03-2010, 11:34 PM   #134
gsvol

Quote:
I read that and it sounds like they just want the money. My opinion is to tell them to raise it and rebuild. I didn't see anything in there that says they can't do that.

the claims the PA made that I quoted are in black&white and they can be held accountable. Promises they claim were made by a former admin just don't really cut it.
When Obama sings:

Allahu Akbar. Allahu Akbar.
Allahu Akbar. Allahu Akbar.
Ash-hadu an la ilaha ill-Allah.
Ash-hadu an la ilaha ill-Allah.
Ash-hadu anna Muhammad-ar-Rasoolullah.
Ash-hadu anna Muhammad-ar-Rasoolullah.

and calls it one of the prettiest sounds on Earth, how do you think it would feel for you to visit the memorial to those killed on 9/11 and hear that resounding from nearby loudspeakers???

How do you feel about the proposed Flight 93 Memorial which is nothing more than a shrine that glorifies islam???

Perhaps you think we should erect an allahu akbar foundation monument also??

That would be appropriate if we are going to have to hear the evil adhan played daily.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-04-2010, 12:36 AM   #135
gsvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs View Post
What if they did it in the name of said religion?
I have yet to get a rational answer from any of the apologists for islam concerning the ten million Christians slaughtered during the twentieth century in the name of islam.

More on the St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church destroyed on 9/11.

Rebuild St. Nicholas CHURCH at Ground Zero, Not a Mosque — 1389 Blog – Antijihadist Tech

Quote:
For nine years the Port Authority of New York/New Jersey has used bureaucratic obstacles and false promises to hinder the rebuilding of the St. Nicholas Church. This must end and it must end now.

What an outrage that our government has put roadblocks in the path of its own citizens trying rebuild their beloved Church destroyed by Islamic extremists, while Saudi Arabia, a nation that prohibits people from even wearing a Cross or the Star of David, now provokes the families of those who lost loved ones by apparently funneling money to build a mosque at the same location.
----------------------------------

.......there is no greater enemy of freedom of religion than Islam. Islam unjustly avails itself of Constitutional protections by calling itself a religion, but it is not a religion in any recognizable sense of the word. Islam is instead an expansionist, totalitarian political ideology that, much like Nazism and Communism, seeks to rid the world of everything but itself.
Gateway Pundit

Quote:
But amid debate over whether a proposed Islamic community center should go forward near Ground Zero, government officials threw cold water on the prospect of any deal with the church — telling Fox News the deal is off the table.

Confronted with the Port Authority’s verdict, Father Mark Arey, of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, said it’s the first he’s heard that.

“Negotiations did break off last year. We were expecting to hear from their lawyers — we never did. We’re still expecting to hear from them,” he told Fox News. “We’re disappointed. … 130 Liberty Street was promised to us.”

St Nicholas.

Just before it was crushed by the falling towers.

Why Won’t Bloomberg Let A Church Destroyed on 9/11 Rebuild? Potluck

Quote:
Why is the mosque put on the fast track to construction when St. Nicholas’ reconstruction is being hindered by New York City bureaucracy?

Wake up, America, before it is too late. The Greek Orthodox faithful of the Balkans were enslaved by Islam for 500 years. Ask me what it means to live under the laws of Islam, under Sharia Law and the Hadith. Call me and I will provide a history lesson on what can be like to live under Islam extremists.

Fr. Constantine J. Simones Waterford
Reply With Quote TOP