Michelle's $375,000 vacation courtesy of the American Taxpayer

It's not so much the vacation that gets under my skin because presidents and their spouses have done this before. It's the timing, while people are losing homes, jobs and trying to make ends meet the first lady goes out on the taxpayers dime and lives it up. Sends the wrong message, then again this entire presidency has been about false rhetoric.

So what is this now? A weekly vacation? Seems like they just spent the past few weekends in New England. I would like to know if this was the lifestyle lived prior to November 08 or is this a new thing to take advantage of the perks of being in office. Having a resort shut down along with a beach to accommodate all of her friends?

Yes. It does send a great message. I feel your pain and want to help. Let me have more of your money. While you are pinching pennies I am blowing money left and right creating more favors for all of my special interest buddies out there.

Simply put....Obama demanded firings and heads to roll for companies doing this and receiving bailout money. He got in front of the camera and said this was flat out unacceptable....lavish spending and vacations while the employees were laid off and the companies were bailed out by the taxpayers.

So what is this now? A weekly vacation? Seems like they just spent the past few weekends in New England. I would like to know if this was the lifestyle lived prior to November 08 or is this a new thing to take advantage of the perks of being in office. Having a resort shut down along with a beach to accommodate all of her friends?

Yes. It does send a great message. I feel your pain and want to help. Let me have more of your money. While you are pinching pennies I am blowing money left and right creating more favors for all of my special interest buddies out there.

Simply put....Obama demanded firings and heads to roll for companies doing this and receiving bailout money. He got in front of the camera and said this was flat out unacceptable....lavish spending and vacations while the employees were laid off and the companies were bailed out by the taxpayers.

Good point!

It's not so much the vacation that gets under my skin because presidents and their spouses have done this before. It's the timing, while people are losing homes, jobs and trying to make ends meet the first lady goes out on the taxpayers dime and lives it up. Sends the wrong message, then again this entire presidency has been about false rhetoric.

I would like to see how much past Presidents have spent on personal vacations payed for with tax dollars

all of you are acting like she wasn't carrying on her work for the American people.

I've grown sick of seeing govt officials use taxpayer money as their personal party fund. I swear to all of you if I was ever an elected official I would live as I do now. Spending 375,000 for a 5 day vacation would just make me embarrased.

Which is another question all in itself. No wife and kids and having to spend the b-day with some Chicago friends. Romer leaving. Poll numbers tanking. Economic outlook dropping. Some rumors of wheels basically coming off the bus with internal squabbles and problems....

I wish the Republicans had had a better candidate. It was woefully clear that Obama wasn't qualified and the GOP screwed up a good shot to keep him out. Had Obama been white I can't see him being elected. Now we are paying for putting image in front of substance.

The talent pool definitely could use some chlorine. Huck, Mitt, Cuda, Newt are all four letter words right now....

The talent pool definitely could use some chlorine. Huck, Mitt, Cuda, Newt are all four letter words right now....

Of the four, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Gingrich possibly being a key player in the 2012 elections.

My vote is for Mitt. I know he may not be the most popular choice, especially amongst religious conservatives, but I was rooting for him for VP, and at least he's got an area of specialty. And it's one that is paramount at this time.

Of the four, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Gingrich possibly being a key player in the 2012 elections.

Do you think a certain endorsement of a failed candidate in NY would haunt him? And get Newt talking policy details and he will quickly lose his audience. As a professor he can get you lost in the weeds.

My vote is for Mitt. I know he may not be the most popular choice, especially amongst religious conservatives, but I was rooting for him for VP, and at least he's got an area of specialty. And it's one that is paramount at this time.

Since he gave us the prototype of Obamacare and it is failing miserably in MA right now, I don't think he's a sound choice. It might not play quite as well as it would have in '08 but the Dems can easily pin him down as the guy who made his millions giving people the pink slip. And this Extreme Makeover Conservative Edition is really horrible. If people have their panties in a wad over Haslam giving to a Dem, they'll love Mitt's campaign ad for the fringe nut lefty mayor in Utah a few years back.

Mitt carries entirely too much baggage, has no conservative credentials, and a few other things hold a serious liability in an economic downturn.

Yeah, Obamacare was the death knell for Mitt. But compared to the other candidates, I think he would have the best shot of beating Obama.

There are some guys you will start hearing more about. Mitch Daniels in IN, and of course Tim Pawlenty from MN.

VN Store

Back