fed stops sand dredging

LA has to be thinking secession - every Fed intervention in their history (save for Andy Jackson and crew) has been screwed up.

This is triage mode. I know why the Fish and Game folks are saying the dredging is bad, but they have to understand that the damage done by the dredging can be more easily dealt with later than the oil in the wetlands.

Saw an interview with that fat guy from Plaquemines Parrish -- he's furious with the woman that shut this down. Had some pretty harsh words from BO as well.

Just some parts of N.Orleans. I'd say cajuns are pretty self sufficient.

:eek:k:

Don't knock Cajuns around me.

World's largest oil skimmer 'whale' makes stop in Norfolk on way to Gulf oil cleanup - dailypress.com

54572132.jpg

The A Whale is 1115 feet long and 196 feet wide and can hold 1 million barrels of recovered oil.

TMT officials said the company does not yet have government approval to assist in the cleanup or a contract with BP to perform the work.
------------------------------

TMT also paid to fly in Edward Overton, a professor emeritus of environmental sciences at Louisiana State University, to get a look at the massive skimmer.

Overton blasted BP and the federal government for a lack of effort and coordination in their dual oil-spill response and made a plea to the government to allow the A Whale to join the cleanup operation.
--------------------------------------

"This concept has never been tried before," said Bob Grantham, a TMT project officer. "But we think we can do in maybe in a day and a half what these other crews have done in 66 days."
-----------------------

The A Whale — pronounced along the lines of "A Team" because there is a "B Whale" coming — is designed to work 20 to 50 miles offshore where smaller skimmers have trouble navigating.

VN Store

Back