Has "W." Gone Green?

Velo Vol

Internets Expert
Huh?

As the U.S. Gulf Coast battled a massive oil spill, former President George W. Bush told the American Wind Energy Association conference here today, "It's in our economic interests that we diversify away from oil."

"It's in our environmental interest," the onetime Midland oilman added. "And, finally, it's in our national security interest."

Bush, speaking at the Dallas Convention Center, said he believes that his grandchildren "will be driving electric cars, powered primarily by renewable sources of energy."

A wind conference? Renewable energy? What has happened to our once-great leader? He's turned communist.

Fire up your Freedom SUVs, folks. We need to take our country back.

He has always been for a wide range of energy options. His home in Crawford is about as green and sustainable as one can be.

He has always been for a wide range of energy options. His home in Crawford is about as green and sustainable as one can be.

I wonder if there has been a study comparing his home to ol Al's home(s) as far as environmentally friendliness goes. If one has been done I've sure not seen the results.

I wonder if there has been a study comparing his home to ol Al's home(s) as far as environmentally friendliness goes. If one has been done I've sure not seen the results.

I think that there was a report on it, and IIRC it wasn't close. Bush's house is considerably more energy efficient. Gore could do much better, but must think that buying offsets is easier.

I think that there was a report on it, and IIRC it wasn't close. Bush's house is considerably more energy efficient. Gore could do much better, but must think that buying offsets is easier.

Correct.

It's out there - was an email that I believe Snopes confirmed.

Someone should do a dumpster dive at W's to look for gas station receipts. I bet he continues to use oil while telling us to do otherwise.

Someone should do a dumpster dive at W's to look for gas station receipts. I bet he continues to use oil while telling us to do otherwise.

Huh? Where did he tell others to stop using oil? He's saying as a country we need to diversify away from oil.

Oil and natural gas will remain vital sources of energy as the nation transitions to a new energy era, Bush said.

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/05/25/94787/at-energy-conference-bush-suggests.html#ixzz0p9JnRQjJ

you are venturing dangerously close to LG land with this comment.

Encouraging people to seek out alternatives and telling them to do so are completely different.

Don't be a douche. Bush is actually greener than Gore if you discount "carbon offsets." And I haven't ever heard you talk about dumpster diving at Gore's place for receipts. Quit villainizing.

VN Store

Back