Obama: “I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money…”

jcwvolfan

Now a Papa
“…but you know, part of the American way is, you can just keep on making it if you're providing a good product.” (If you’ve heard the quote, it sounds like he has to admit the last part of the quote begrudgingly or it hit him as to what he just said and it's an attempt to recover.)

So was this an off-teleprompter slip of the tongue, or was it an initial shot across the bow?

(Disclaimer: I figured this would have been brought up before now, so if it has and I have missed it I fully apologize!)

i hope there is video and it's put in every campaign ad this fall.

Last edited:
Source?, for context?

Hot Air Obama: “I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money”

We’re not, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy.

Taken in context it sounds like he was defending the dems position on banking reform nothing more, nothing less.

I am all for making a lot of money, but it I a little disheartening when u see the j&j CEO taking huge bonuses in a year the company lost money and laid off thousands of workers.

Maybe sometimes it's okay to make 15 mill vs 26 mill?

Either way govt shouldn't have a say. And either way u can't regulate greed so why try.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That is pretty good. Heck, some might say that it’s more than…”enough.”

From cnn money article 20 highest paid ceos for 2009. I was incorrect-they made money but first sales decline in 76 years.

Company: Johnson & Johnson
Cash compensation: $14.8 million
Stock and options: $8 million

Weldon's latest big paycheck came in a year when J&J posted its first annual sales decline in 76 years and set plans to cut as many as 8,000 jobs to rein in costs. The board rewarded Weldon, who has taken down $88 million over three years by the company's count, with a raise on account of -- among other things -- the "difficult personnel decisions" he had to make.

if that kind of compensation is in his contract, what's the complaint?

so my point is, would you take a raise in a year where you company saw it's first revenue decline in 76 years and you laid off aroudn 8,000 people?

if that kind of compensation is in his contract, what's the complaint?

Just because it's in a contract doesn't make it 'right'. I don't care how much people make, and he probably works hard etc.

I don't think the gov't should have a say.

My only point is I wouldnt' take a raise in a year I laid off 8,000 people and my company had an off year.

Just because it's in a contract doesn't make it 'right'. I don't care how much people make, and he probably works hard etc.

My only point is I wouldnt' take a raise in a year I laid off 8,000 people and my company had an off year.

so, those 8 thousand people should have kept their job, thus forcing the company to have an even worse year?

not getting where you're going with this

"so my point is, would you take a raise in a year where you company saw it's first revenue decline in 76 years and you laid off aroudn 8,000 people?"

i would if the country was in the greatest economic collapse in 70 years and my company's stock was near an all time high.

Most everyone had an "off year" last year.

Job #1 of the CEO is to make investors happy. If he did that, then he did his job. My guess is that his success is measured in numbers. If he did that then he did his job and deserves it.

From cnn money article 20 highest paid ceos for 2009. I was incorrect-they made money but first sales decline in 76 years.

Company: Johnson & Johnson
Cash compensation: $14.8 million
Stock and options: $8 million

Weldon's latest big paycheck came in a year when J&J posted its first annual sales decline in 76 years and set plans to cut as many as 8,000 jobs to rein in costs. The board rewarded Weldon, who has taken down $88 million over three years by the company's count, with a raise on account of -- among other things -- the "difficult personnel decisions" he had to make.

A-Rod makes $25mil for just fielding and hitting balls.

VN Store

Back