Carolina Panthers

smokeyman15

The Gamecock Slayer
Im a fan...any others? Whats everyones prediction on how the Cats will do this year?

panther.gif

living in Charlotte, i've become a fan of the Panthers......this team is a little hard to figure out. new OC, still have issues at safety, will the O Line get it together, and who is going to replace KJ's 70 catches from last year? they can't throw to SS every play.....

need Keary Colbert, Drew Carter and a TE to step up.

and the running game has to be 10 times better than last year.

i think the Saints are probably going to be tough to beat in the division. the falcons will likely be a mess. the bucs may cause some trouble, but i think they are a tier lower than the saints and panthers.

all in all, i say a wild card team. if they can get in the playoffs, they can certainly make a run.

i will say this, and this isn't new info as they always do well in the pre season, i was a little impressed wtih the way they lookd the other night against the Giants........

but first game, pre season.....nothing to get worked up over.

suffice to say i have not been impressed with the last two outings aginst the pats and eagles. the defensive secondary is just plain bad. the lb's don't look to be anything special and Morgan just looked plain timid to me.....that play where he got run over against the pats....ugh.

the offense showed a little life, but the running game doesn't look to be "improved" right now.

last pre season game against my Steelers....who should i root for? hm........

just glad it's a pre season game, and the last one to boot. starters won't play much, less chance of injury, for both teams.

so that's what i'm rooting for.....an injury free game.

suffice to say i have not been impressed with the last two outings aginst the pats and eagles. the defensive secondary is just plain bad. the lb's don't look to be anything special and Morgan just looked plain timid to me.....that play where he got run over against the pats....ugh.

the offense showed a little life, but the running game doesn't look to be "improved" right now.

last pre season game against my Steelers....who should i root for? hm........

just glad it's a pre season game, and the last one to boot. starters won't play much, less chance of injury, for both teams.

so that's what i'm rooting for.....an injury free game.
Mission accomplished. what a bad game to watch......ug.

surprise surprise....didn't expect that. good road win for the cats. defense stepped it up, and the offense looked, dare i say, pretty good.

good star for the panthers

well, now that's more like it. way to blow a 14 pt lead....to the TEXANS at home. pathetic today.

Lord, i hope not. ATL is one of those games you have to look at and think it's a win.

the problem with the panthers though, is you never know what you're going to get with them. one week world beaters, the next they can't beat the Lions.....so inconsistent.

Atlanta is not an automatic win. Especially on the road..
They should've won at Jax today.

Atlanta is not an automatic win. Especially on the road..
They should've won at Jax today.
but they didn't. and nothing is automatic in the NFL, except that they will play.

but i still like the Cats in this one.

yeah, yeah, yeah....i know the history between these two, but lately the cats have OWNED the falcons.

we'll see next sunday...if they lose that game, it may be the start of a big hole to dig out of.....

Being in the Clt area was what made me start to follow the NFL and the Panthers. I agree with the inconsistency though, Great last week, horrible yesterday. I wish they would have allowed Carr to play in the 4th quarter though. I was impressed with him preseason and would like to see him play more, but of course that is because I am not a fan of delnohope.

Hopefully the Panthers can pull out a win against ATL, and I don't think they will have a problem doing so with seeing ATL so far this season.

Carr is not the answer, sorry.

and while i won't be putting Jake D in the HOF for his outstanding play, the INT was bad yesterday, but all in all he had a good day.

the defense is just not that good. they're living on a rep that is two years outdated, and the running game is just awful. the offensive line was simply that...offensive.

they have no other WR than SS....between Carter and Colbert, i think there were at least 7-8 drops.

they'll go out next week and probably win and look great doing it, and then...who knows after that.

jeckyll and hyde team for sure.

Being in the Clt area was what made me start to follow the NFL and the Panthers. I agree with the inconsistency though, Great last week, horrible yesterday. I wish they would have allowed Carr to play in the 4th quarter though. I was impressed with him preseason and would like to see him play more, but of course that is because I am not a fan of delnohope.

Hopefully the Panthers can pull out a win against ATL, and I don't think they will have a problem doing so with seeing ATL so far this season.

How can you say that? The Panthers are 1-1 and the Falcons were one play away from winning a road game Sunday.
If you think a road game at ATL is no problem, you're dilusional

But that is Delhomme's story, always throwing interceptions and having a fumble instead of taking sacks as he did yesterday. Carr may not be a Manning, a Brady, or all these other top rated qbs, but he is one mobile qb. I'd rather have a qb that can actually run and do the same in passing as Jake than just have a passing qb or a crappy qb like Jake. It was Delhomme that had the crappy game a couple years ago against Seattle that caused us not to go to the Superbowl. He has done absolutely nothing since the Superbowl year. He spends too much time griping with the officials for no calls than actually making the plays. :no:

As you said, the offense though is only steve smith, and when he is covered too much, they have nothing else, because like you said too many dropped balls. They are young guys that will get better, but I would have liked to have seen keyshawn kept around for at least one more year as another "tall" option. While he didn't have a great year last year I would have still liked to see him this year.

The defense is on and off, its like a switch. If they show, we obviously win, if not, it definately shows. I think the problem with that is, is there are too many older fellows getting injured, so its not a consistent line each week, always interchanging.

But overall, I have tickets to a few games this year and hopefully they will pull out wins so I can have a game to cheer about as going to the Tenn/Cal game didn't give me much to cheer about. :frown:

How can you say that? The Panthers are 1-1 and the Falcons were one play away from winning a road game Sunday.

One play away doesn't help you if you still don't win. Considering ATL has only scored 10 points this season so far, I'm not too worried. It's Tampa Bay at home in two weeks that I think is more of a challenge.

what's the falcons' record again? and at least carolina DID win their road game of the year.

hang on to those moral vicories, you'll likely be undefeated at the end of the season if you do.

I'm not too worried about playing the Panthers at home

Atlanta's d has been good this year
how many wins does ATL have again?

i look for hte panthers to "get better" against the dirty birds this weekend.

That Falcons D sure did disrupt Tavaris Jackson in week 1 huh?

Jacksonville looks terrible this year, I wouldn't consider it a moral victory, I would be very upset with my team if we lost to the Jags.

I think it will be easy, the only player who ever gave us fits in the past was number 7 and I seriously doubt he will be lacing them up on Sunday.

VN Store

Back