The Official Indianapolis Colts Thread

tclowers23

I figured we shouldn't dwell in the past, and the 2007 World Champion thread is passed its prime.

The Colts haven't made any noise in the Free Agent market, but this doesn't come as any surprise because Polian said they wouldn't. They'll address some needs in the draft (i.e.- playmaking linebacker) like they usually do.

As a Colts fan, you have to be pretty excited about next season. The big key is Dwight Freeney getting to 100 percent.

I was a little disappointed the Colts cut Rob Morris and Booger McFarland, but I think their health and age were a concern.

Anyways... thoughts on the Colts offseason so far? What they'll do in the draft? Predictions for the 2008 season?

Lucas Oil Stadium is going to look very nice.

Attachments

• lucasmain.jpg
    lucasmain.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 608
I would really love to get Mayo but not sure if he fits our plans. I won't pretend to be an NFL expert. Not concerned about the whole free agent thing. The deal for Bob Sanders was a great deal for us and I will enjoy seeing him in a Colts uniform for years to come. What else do you see us drafting? It looks to me like most of our picks may come on the defensive side.

I would really love to get Mayo but not sure if he fits our plans. I won't pretend to be an NFL expert. Not concerned about the whole free agent thing. The deal for Bob Sanders was a great deal for us and I will enjoy seeing him in a Colts uniform for years to come. What else do you see us drafting? It looks to me like most of our picks may come on the defensive side.

They may think about drafting a No. 2 tailback in the middle rounds. Also, defensive line is a need.

Hopefully Freeney comes back better than ever after his injury. Can't wait till next year.

Any of you guys been to a game before? I might road trip up there this year, especially with the new stadium and all.

Any of you guys been to a game before? I might road trip up there this year, especially with the new stadium and all.

I've been to one game up in the RCA Dome... the 34-31 OT win over San Diego in 2004. That was the game Peyton broke the TD record with the pass to Brandon Stokley. I lucked into those tickets.

Lucas Oil Stadium definitely won't be as loud as the RCA Dome was, but I imagine it will look much nicer.

I've been to one game up in the RCA Dome... the 34-31 OT win over San Diego in 2004. That was the game Peyton broke the TD record with the pass to Brandon Stokley. I lucked into those tickets.

Lucas Oil Stadium definitely won't be as loud as the RCA Dome was, but I imagine it will look much nicer.

Nice. That must have been awesome. I will miss watching the RCA dome on TV. It just had that kind of look of intimidation and loudness.

Nice. That must have been awesome. I will miss watching the RCA dome on TV. It just had that kind of look of intimidation and loudness.

It was a good game. Didn't have very good seats, but the Dome was rockin' that day. It was awesome because right after Peyton broke the record, the place blew up. But the Colts needed to get the 2-pt conversion to send the game to OT. All Peyton had to do with motion with his arms for the crowd to quiet down... and it got dead silent in the Dome. Pretty amazing.

Losing MacFarland isn't good, but I think Rob Morris is pretty replaceable. There's a lot of receivers in this draft, too. So maybe in the late rounds they can find a guy in case there are injury problems like this past year.

Losing MacFarland isn't good, but I think Rob Morris is pretty replaceable. There's a lot of receivers in this draft, too. So maybe in the late rounds they can find a guy in case there are injury problems like this past year.

Yeah, picking up a capable WR in this year's draft would definitely be a good idea. So they don't have to rely on Thorpe and Aromashado (sp?), haha.

Kpt, who do the Colts go after with their first selection in the 2nd round? LB? DT?

Not a clue. I usually like to keep up with the draft, but I've been really busy this year. If I had to guess, I think they'll get a DT, assuming a worthy one is availabe. Your guess is as good as mine, though.

At LB they've still got Keiaho and Boiman on the outside. And Brackett is pretty solid at MLB. Unless they are losing one of those guys, I'd say they are OK at the starting LB positions. I'm not really sure about depth, though.

As for DT.... there's Raheem Brock, Ed Johnson, and Darrell Reid. Klecko is around, but he's probably got just as more game experience as a FB. Also there's Quinn Pitcock from Ohio State might end up being OK. Not really anyone that's proven beyond Brock, but I guess depth looks pretty good.

Looking at the roster I see the Colts have acquired Keiwan Ratliff. This guy was a star DB for Florida and spent some time on the Bengals. He will probably get some PT, and he might even start at return duties.

I hope the Jags play the Colts on primetime again. Home or away I"ll take it. Sun night would be good.:good!:

VN Store

Back