The Majesty of Atlanta Falcons Football

Vercingetorix

Fluidmaster
GAVol and I cannot be the only two followers of this trainwreck of a franchise. Come on, gentlemen; take the bags off your heads and out youselves.

Redman or Shockley as the backup? Will Roddy White actually catch the ball this year, or will he lose his job to Laurent Robinson? How's the defensive line going to be? Does this team have a chance to win six games?

(Let's see if we can avoid mentioning a certain four-letter name in this thread. There are plenty of other threads already to talk about that guy.)

Have you caught yourself yet thinking "Maybe Joey Harrington isn't as bad as he looked in Detroit and Miami"?

I'm impressed by your coach's ability to keep the team's focus where it should be. I'm not impressed by Harrington. 8 wins would be a real accomplishment.

Have you caught yourself yet thinking "Maybe Joey Harrington isn't as bad as he looked in Detroit and Miami"?

Not taking up for Harrington, but it is not like Detroit and Miami have been known for developing QBs.

Maybe the Falcons giving Joey Harrington a shot will prove to be payback for the day Jerry Glanville dumped Brett Favre.

The Falcons should go ahead and do the only thing that will help this team: sign Jeff George.

Yes. It's idiocy, but I've entertained the notion that Harrington might be a better fit for Petrino's system than the other guy would have been. I don't know what I'm thinking.

The Falcons should go ahead and do the only thing that will help this team: sign Jeff George.

George could probably make the team, sadly enough.

I started losing interest in the Falcons when they asked my school boy The Hammer to retire. Jesse would be better now at 42 than most of that whole team.

I'm impressed by your coach's ability to keep the team's focus where it should be. I'm not impressed by Harrington. 8 wins would be a real accomplishment.

If the Falcons win eight games this year, adoring Falcons fans will parade Petrino around the Georgia Dome on a litter. Expectations are unbelievably low around here.

GAVol and I cannot be the only two followers of this trainwreck of a franchise. Come on, gentlemen; take the bags off your heads and out youselves.

Redman or Shockley as the backup? Will Roddy White actually catch the ball this year, or will he lose his job to Laurent Robinson? How's the defensive line going to be? Does this team have a chance to win six games?

(Let's see if we can avoid mentioning a certain four-letter name in this thread. There are plenty of other threads already to talk about that guy.)

All they need, really, is about a dozen name brand draft picks, or any signee, that has a name recognizeable by football fans as having actual football skills. Maybe even some walk-ons. Wait, no, we've got walk-ons.

I started losing interest in the Falcons when they asked my school boy The Hammer to retire. Jesse would be better now at 42 than most of that whole team.

Tuggle was indeed treated pretty shabbily by the previous ownership. Those people were useless.

. . . and hire June Jones to be the head coach.

Second time is a charm. It ain't easy building success as a rainbow warrior. Maybe he could bring that QB with him. That would be a waste though. Price is gone and we got nobody else to catch. Since MV could only run, we didn't really need TB's or WR's. He couldn't throw past the TE.

Tuggle was indeed treated pretty shabbily by the previous ownership. Those people were useless.

Played school ball with him. Wonder if his bench press record from '83 is still good at GHS. They didn't call him the hammer for nothing. I requested a position that required no contact with him. Funny thing. He went to Ft. Valley State. No exposure. Didn't get drafted, much less even looked at. HC called ATL and begged them to give Jesse a tryout and just look at him. They made an offer on the spot before he left that day.

Norwood seems like a good young back. Just looking for a positive for you.

Wasn't a MV fan from the beginning. Could care less what he does with pit bulls. Got no use for that kind of dog. A black man's dog fight is a white man's rooster brawl. Maybe I'll start checking back in now. I think it's a conspiracy. The Falcons stupidly offered a $250K athlete a $10 million+ a year QB job. Learned real quick that was a mistake, but couldn't get out. The ownership is behind the depth of this federal investigation. They're pushing it behind the scenes. It's their only way out with Vick. His performance has not been good enough for someone to buy him out. It's like they contracted a Yugo with a Mercedes emblem glued on it, and the glue wasn't waterproof.

Sorry, guess the point being, maybe there's some young talent worth watching them for again.

Norwood seems like a good young back. Just looking for a positive for you.

I think everybody's pretty high on Norwood; Warrick Dunn should definitely be feeling some pressure this year. The only question is whether he'll be durable enough to run between the tackles consistently. He's also not exactly the kind of big strong brusing RB that Petrino ordinarily likes, either. But I'd like to see him get a chance to win the job from Dunn.

Wasn't a MV fan from the beginning. Could care less what he does with pit bulls. Got no use for that kind of dog. A black man's dog fight is a white man's rooster brawl. Maybe I'll start checking back in now. I think it's a conspiracy. The Falcons stupidly offered a $250K athlete a $10 million+ a year QB job. Learned real quick that was a mistake, but couldn't get out. The ownership is behind the depth of this federal investigation. They're pushing it behind the scenes. It's their only way out with Vick. His performance has not been good enough for someone to buy him out. It's like they contracted a Yugo with a Mercedes emblem glued on it, and the glue wasn't waterproof.

Just curious...what in the world does quoting my post on Norwood have to do with anything you just wrote?

Just curious...what in the world does quoting my post on Norwood have to do with anything you just wrote?

I edited my other. Forgot to get to the point. Sorry. My point, I guess, is that maybe with "him" out of the way, some other talent will get exposure, develop, etc., and the Falcons become interesting again.

VN Store

Back