1225 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Page 56. within the forum NFL Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 07-11-2018, 09:21 PM   #826
volsarelife1

Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs
Steelers have already given up on Dobbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbs 4 Heisman View Post
AB was just being nice. There's a difference when Lesean McCoy says what he says and when AB said what he said.

Nonetheless, what Mason Rudolph is or will become is IRRELEVANT. Just as Drew Bledsoe became irrelevant when Tom Brady started to play.

Once Josh Dobbs gets on the field this year, it'll be a wrap for all the other QBs on the Steelers roster. He's gonna run away with the job. Expect Big Ben to get traded next off-season.
Lol. Of course you would say that. Anything to fit your narrative.
Attached Images
File Type: gif image.gif (93.6 KB, 104 views)
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-11-2018, 09:31 PM   #827
butchna

Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs
Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs
Quote:
If I remember correctly, the article you posted was talking about the Steelers drafting Rudolph in the 1st round. I said no chance they take a QB in round 1. And then I cited this article that cites Bob Labriola saying that the Steelers were not gonna draft a QB in Round 1 or 2. Steelers won't use a first or second round pick on a quarterback

And guess what? That's exactly what happened. Steelers didn't draft a QB in the first 2 rounds. What happened that no one expected was Rudolph fell to the 3rd round. At that point the Steelers drafted him because they felt he was good value. If Rudolph had gone in the first 2 rounds like every mock draft had him before draft day, then the Steelers would have never had a chance to draft him.

And for the record, Bob Labriola is not just a random blogger. He's probably the most respected beat writer covering the Steelers. His sources are good. And as you can see, he was proven right as the Steelers didn't use a 1st or 2nd round pick on a QB.
He’s a hack! No surprise that you’re a fan. And you didn’t highlight the first or second round aspect. You took it as proof that they wouldn’t draft a quarterback...and as usual you were WRONG!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-11-2018, 10:14 PM   #828
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs
Quote:
AB was just being nice. There's a difference when Lesean McCoy says what he says and when AB said what he said.

Nonetheless, what Mason Rudolph is or will become is IRRELEVANT. Just as Drew Bledsoe became irrelevant when Tom Brady started to play.

Once Josh Dobbs gets on the field this year, it'll be a wrap for all the other QBs on the Steelers roster. He's gonna run away with the job. Expect Big Ben to get traded next off-season.
Lol.....I’ll take that as admission of trolling.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #829
508mikey

Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs
Quote:

No team will take that aging oaf in a trade, unless its for a couple future late round draft picks ---
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 03:55 PM   #830
BeardedVol

Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs
Roethlisberger has only played in all 16 games in the regular season, 3 times in his 14 year career. The Steelers are not going to cut Jones unless Dobbs shows that he can start and win a game; he didn't in last years pre-season. He'll have to prove that he can be a viable backup starter if he's going to keep a roster spot.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-14-2018, 12:20 AM   #831
Dobbs 4 Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedVol View Post
Roethlisberger has only played in all 16 games in the regular season, 3 times in his 14 year career. The Steelers are not going to cut Jones unless Dobbs shows that he can start and win a game; he didn't in last years pre-season. He'll have to prove that he can be a viable backup starter if he's going to keep a roster spot.
This is one of the limitations of the average human. They can't look past what they last saw. So because Dobbs wasn't lights out as a rookie in the preseason, then that means he's done for this year? Do you remember Dobbs as a true freshmen? How differently did he look and play the following season?

Players improve. Especially from Year 1 to Year 2. This is what separates me from ya'll. I can project into the future. I'm not stuck to the past. Its how I was the only one that projected Alvin's success in the NFL last year. I wasn't married to what he did playing for Butch Jones. I knew going to the NFL he would get far better coaching and offensive line play. And it would be those changes that would allow his natural skills to flourish.

Similarly, I'm able to project the success that is coming for Josh Dobbs because I'm not stuck in the past of what happened last year in the preseason but rather I'm looking forward to the monumental improvements he's gonna make this year. Just watch as he becomes the talk of the NFL during the preseason with his stellar play.

We are witnessing the start of a LEGENDARY career this fall. Get ready to enjoy it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-14-2018, 12:43 AM   #832
HoptownVol

Quote:

Similarly, I'm able to project the success that is coming for Josh Dobbs because I'm not stuck in the past of what happened last year in the preseason but rather I'm looking forward to the monumental improvements he's gonna make this year. Just watch as he becomes the talk of the NFL during the preseason with his stellar play.

We are witnessing the start of a LEGENDARY career this fall. Get ready to enjoy it.

Does Mel Brooks know about you, this is great comedy!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-14-2018, 10:01 AM   #833
BeardedVol

Quote:
This is one of the limitations of the average human. They can't look past what they last saw. So because Dobbs wasn't lights out as a rookie in the preseason, then that means he's done for this year? Do you remember Dobbs as a true freshmen? How differently did he look and play the following season?

Players improve. Especially from Year 1 to Year 2. This is what separates me from ya'll. I can project into the future. I'm not stuck to the past. Its how I was the only one that projected Alvin's success in the NFL last year. I wasn't married to what he did playing for Butch Jones. I knew going to the NFL he would get far better coaching and offensive line play. And it would be those changes that would allow his natural skills to flourish.

Joey Bosa called...
Said you were either a liar, disingenuous, or both, and that you definitely do not have a preternatural ability to see NFL talent in college players.

That being said, will Dobbs improve, probably. He's not the type of person to sit on his laurels. However being better at practice is not going to be enough to keep a spot as he has to show that he can backup Roethlisberger if they are going to cut Jones. Dobbs got zero playing in the 2017 regular season, so his only chance to show game-day improvement, is going to be the 2018 pre-season, and if he doesn't show a sea change of improvement, the Steelers are not going to risk keeping him over Jones.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-14-2018, 10:23 AM   #834
Dobbs 4 Heisman

Quote:
That being said, will Dobbs improve, probably. He's not the type of person to sit on his laurels. However being better at practice is not going to be enough to keep a spot as he has to show that he can backup Roethlisberger if they are going to cut Jones. Dobbs got zero playing in the 2017 regular season, so his only chance to show game-day improvement, is going to be the 2018 pre-season, and if he doesn't show a sea change of improvement, the Steelers are not going to risk keeping him over Jones.
Stop talking to me about Landry Jones. That guy is hot trash. Its unbelievable how ya'll have made him out to be some great backup QB this summer. Last year most of ya'll were saying Dobbs would easily pass him up.

I'm not concerned about Josh Dobbs outplaying Landry Jones. THAT IS A GIVEN. I'm concerned about whether Josh Dobbs will be the NFL MVP this upcoming season. That is my concern. That is what I'm looking forward to seeing.

Stop bothering me with such silly stuff. Josh Dobbs is one of the most talented athletes to ever step foot in the NFL. Landry Jones is a below average backup. This won't even be a competition this year. Josh Dobbs will easily outplay him in every preseason game.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #835
volfanngatorland

Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs
Never forget that, according to D4H, Josh Dobbs was supposed to take over for Big Ben LAST year and win the Super Bowl LAST year while winning Super Bowl MVP LAST year

When it doesn’t happen this year, he’ll simply kick the can down the road again and project it’ll happen next year. We’ll be hearing the same thing next offseason.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-14-2018, 11:54 AM   #836
BeardedVol

Quote:
Stop talking to me about Landry Jones. That guy is hot trash. Its unbelievable how ya'll have made him out to be some great backup QB this summer. Last year most of ya'll were saying Dobbs would easily pass him up.

I'm not concerned about Josh Dobbs outplaying Landry Jones. THAT IS A GIVEN. I'm concerned about whether Josh Dobbs will be the NFL MVP this upcoming season. That is my concern. That is what I'm looking forward to seeing.

Stop bothering me with such silly stuff. Josh Dobbs is one of the most talented athletes to ever step foot in the NFL. Landry Jones is a below average backup. This won't even be a competition this year. Josh Dobbs will easily outplay him in every preseason game.
So, let me get this straight, Landry Jones is hot trash, and Josh Dobbs is an NFL-Legend-In-Waiting, but can't seem to surpass him for the backup QB spot?

Makes complete sense.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-14-2018, 12:03 PM   #837
Burger

Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs
Only two things are given on this planet... Paying taxes and death.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-14-2018, 04:33 PM   #838
butchna

Not sure why one would “concerned” if what they’ve declared is a virtual certainty.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #839
BIG BOI 23

Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs Steelers have already given up on Dobbs
LOL at thinking the Steelers would go with Dobbs into playoffs over Ben they have 2 of the 5 or 6 best players in the league in Bell and Brown and 3 time super bowl qb 2 time winner

You wanna trust in a rookie over a guy who has big bens postseason exp Fuk no!!!

Fact is as important as Brown and Bell are Ben is far more important to a super bowl run then either of those 2

D4h shoulda make a “Weekly Dobbs update thread” lol since he’s so convinced it would be important documentation of the Dobbs Prophecy u speak of

Last edited by BIG BOI 23; 07-14-2018 at 06:38 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-14-2018, 10:00 PM   #840
Dobbs 4 Heisman

Quote:
So, let me get this straight, Landry Jones is hot trash, and Josh Dobbs is an NFL-Legend-In-Waiting, but can't seem to surpass him for the backup QB spot?

Makes complete sense.
He was just as a rookie last year. This is year 2. This is when the greats make their leap to superstardom. See Tom Brady..

You guys will see soon enough what I've seen in Dobbs since the first time I saw him play in 2014.
Reply With Quote TOP