The Cleveland Browns incompetence is mind blowing

Dobbs 4 Heisman

I'm amazed by the Cleveland Browns ability to screw up what should have been a layup of an NFL Draft. They had the 1st overall pick and the 4th overall pick in arguably the most talented draft class of the last 30 years. There were franchise QBs galore to choose from and future All-Pro defensive players all over the place. They had a golden chance with 2 picks in the top 5 to build a dynasty of the future. If they had drafted Saquon Barkley and Josh Allen, for example, I was ready to call them the Philadelphia 76ers of the NFL. That dominant NFL team of the future.

Instead the Browns drafted what are essentially the next Johnny Manziel and the next Justin Gilbert #1 and #4 overall. As you know from my prospects rankings, I didn't think either Baker Mayfield or Denzel Ward were worthy of being selected in the entire 1st round at all. Let alone in the top 5 picks. The fact these two mediocre players went ahead of surefire NFL studs like Saquon Barkley, Josh Allen, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Lamar Jackson, Derwin James, Bradley Chubb, Marcus Davenport, and Leighton Vander Esch will look mind bogglingly stupid in a few years.

I can't believe how incompetent the Cleveland Browns are. They might be the most poorly run organization in professional sports history.

Baker Mayfield being the next Johnny Manziel is such a lazy narrative. Not that I disagree with your overall point.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm amazed by the Cleveland Browns ability to screw up what should have been a layup of an NFL Draft. They had the 1st overall pick and the 4th overall pick in arguably the most talented draft class of the last 30 years. There were franchise QBs galore to choose from and future All-Pro defensive players all over the place. They had a golden chance with 2 picks in the top 5 to build a dynasty of the future. If they had drafted Saquon Barkley and Josh Allen, for example, I was ready to call them the Philadelphia 76ers of the NFL. That dominant NFL team of the future.

Instead the Browns drafted what are essentially the next Johnny Manziel and the next Justin Gilbert #1 and #4 overall. As you know from my prospects rankings, I didn't think either Baker Mayfield or Denzel Ward were worthy of being selected in the entire 1st round at all. Let alone in the top 5 picks. The fact these two mediocre players went ahead of surefire NFL studs like Saquon Barkley, Josh Allen, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Lamar Jackson, Derwin James, Bradley Chubb, Marcus Davenport, and Leighton Vander Esch will look mind bogglingly stupid in a few years.

I can't believe how incompetent the Cleveland Browns are. They might be the most poorly run organization in professional sports history.
Keep the 76ers name out yo mouth. We don't want or need that hex on us.

Baker Mayfield being the next Johnny Manziel is such a lazy narrative. Not that I disagree with your overall point.

My comp for him is Rex Grossman. I'm just using Johnny Manziel cause it's the Browns doing it again. You would think they would have learned their lesson in 2014.

Personally I would of drafted Barkley and Chubb

That gets them into playoff contention this season. Tyrod Taylor is a more than adequate starting QB. Saquon Barkley would change their offense completely. And then on defense, Myles Garrett and Bradley Chubb would form the best young pass rushing duo in the NFL.

How they weren't able to land a single impact player with 2 picks in the top 5 of a loaded draft makes no sense.

OSU DBs have done very well in the league recently comparing him to Gilbert is way too premature

What if he is marshawn lattimore

I don’t like the pick either but quit acting like you already know how they pan out because you have no ****ing clue

The draft is a gamble plain and simple there’s only a handful of “sure things” and even they can be busts

Dude stop with the Josh Allen stuff. He is garbage. The worst on every single passing stat. He can't throw unless it's 60 yards with no touch.

Mayfield is a million times better than trash juice Josh
Jamarcus Locker Allen.

I would have taken Chubb 4th.

I have no issue with them taking Mayfield. However I would have done that at 4, not 1 if that's who they wanted. I would have taken Chubb at 1. He and Garrett.....scary.

However, to say Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are sure fire studs is a reach. Allen has a LOT of trouble with accuracy. Maybe it can be coached out, maybe not. Jackson appears thin. RG3 thin. Maybe he stays healthy, maybe he gets hurt a lot.

I have no issue with them taking Mayfield. However I would have done that at 4, not 1 if that's who they wanted. I would have taken Chubb at 1. He and Garrett.....scary.

However, to say Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are sure fire studs is a reach. Allen has a LOT of trouble with accuracy. Maybe it can be coached out, maybe not. Jackson appears thin. RG3 thin. Maybe he stays healthy, maybe he gets hurt a lot.

Allen is huge. Stays,injured. Luck huge. Stays injured. The injury thing is lazy.

Agree with this...if you mean a potential bust at QB, maybe....I worry about his 6' height in the NFL.

Manziel had a lot of other issues out there that derailed his career.

I am NOT a Mayfield fan, but the guy went from a walk-on college football player to a Heisman award to the #1 overall draft pick. You do not progress like that by sitting on your arse and relying on talent alone. He is a hard-worker and has continued to improve his abilities. Has a big ego and his attitude can get him into some issues, but he is nothing similar to Manziel....if he fails, will be solely due to height issues, IMO.

Allen never even came close to great in college. In the mountain ****ing west! Lol he was third team all conf

How he is so hyped is beyond

Reminds of me of gabbert and tannehil 2 other guys that never did anything in college but looked great in shorts throwing against air so they said **** the game film look at that arm!

Dude stop with the Josh Allen stuff. He is garbage. The worst on every single passing stat. He can't throw unless it's 60 yards with no touch.

Jamarcus Locker Allen.

Agree

Agree

and Agree some more (especially on Chubb in the 4th)

My comp for him is Rex Grossman. I'm just using Johnny Manziel cause it's the Browns doing it again. You would think they would have learned their lesson in 2014.

You’re convinced a qb with a 13 wonderlic is going to excel. So I have to discount your opinion a bit.

But I like what they’ve done so far. A lot of talent left at the top of this draft too.

You’re convinced a qb with a 13 wonderlic is going to excel. So I have to discount your opinion a bit.

But I like what they’ve done so far. A lot of talent left at the top of this draft too.

Glad you brought that up .. a lot of players can get by off pure talent and hard work but some spots like QB, you need to have working gray matter up there .. a 13 Wonderlic is just bad. No, it's not the be all, end all but its a pretty telling sign.

It seems most were grading Barkley and Chubb as the best 2 players in the draft. I can understand passing on a RB because of the current nature of the NFL and the fact that they have RB depth, but to pass on both is just the most Browns things ever.

Why didn't they trade back to draft Ward? It makes no sense.

It seems most were grading Barkley and Chubb as the best 2 players in the draft. I can understand passing on a RB because of the current nature of the NFL and the fact that they have RB depth, but to pass on both is just the most Browns things ever.

Why didn't they trade back to draft Ward? It makes no sense.

If they select Harold Landry, they address all three areas very well. Ward would’ve been selected by Tampa Bay imo. They would’ve lost out on their top corner.

Jamarcus Locker Allen.

Baker Mayfield is a college QB. Josh Allen is an NFL QB.

When will y'all learn these are two different things.

Josh Allen will be a star in the NFL. Baker Mayfield not so much.

I think you are overestimating the qb's in this class. There are one, maybe two here that stick, and which ones are a toss up. There isn't one complete qb in this class.

VN Store

Back