Why were the Superbowl ratings so low?

-backlash for protest
-with a few exceptions, the nfl is generally not a good product
-both teams were from one area, so the rest of the us doesnt care.

Reactions: 3 people
and millions of others.
I do not watch pro football anymore.
Pro players are not respecting our country and they are making millions off the public.
They don`t make **** off of me and my family.
My country is a lot more important to me than a stupid football game.

Reactions: 12 people
No Fun League.

Or maybe people like to actually see defense. The losing QB ha Ls 500 yards passing for goodness sake.

Or the whole “Merica” anthem thing.

Or it’s the same team in the Super Bowl almost every year with the ugliest uniforms ever.

and millions of others.
I do not watch pro football anymore.
Pro players are not respecting our country and they are making millions off the public.
They don`t make **** off of me and my family.
My country is a lot more important to me than a stupid football game.

I have discovered in the last two years that there is a lot of things more important than the NFL. What do I owe people who do not respect this country? I am tired of people who try to divide this country and that is exactly what the NFL players message means to me.

And it will not be very long before this translates into college athletics. That is when you will see some near empty stadiums in the NCAA.

Reactions: 4 people
It had the lowest ratings since 2010. Any idea why? It was really exciting.

The ratings were only down a few % points from last year. I think it still was a top 10 viewed event, all-time. The ratings were up compared to the last time these 2 teams played in the SB (circa 2005?).

Reactions: 1 person
Can you imagine how crazy the Super Bowl ratings will be next year when the student Matt Patricia beats the teacher Bill Belichick?

I watched it. If players want to protest, they have the right to do so. That’s one of the freedoms veterans fought for. And the veterans I’ve talked have stated as much and that they don’t fault the players for kneeling. I’ve only talked to a handful though so I know opinions will vary.

Reactions: 5 people
The ratings were only down a few % points from last year. I think it still was a top 10 viewed event, all-time. The ratings were up compared to the last time these 2 teams played in the SB (circa 2005?).

Thanks huff. These yahoos thinking the NFL ratings suck are delusional. They still dwarf anything on TV. It's true the numbers are down but the numbers don't take into account streaming. Plus, the numbers are down from '15 which was the all-time high due to daily fantasy leagues.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back