You can't watch these highlights and tell me you don't see Josh Dobbs...

Dobbs 4 Heisman

Watch the highlights from:
0:00-2:25
10:55-11:50
13:10-14:45
37:20-37:55

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv7SPgIV1EU[/youtube]

This is why I'm so high on Dobbs NFL potential. He's a physical clone of Randall Cunningham. Remember last year I said Alvin Kamara was Marshall Faulk 2.0. At the time most laughed at the comparison. And yet a few months later Sean Payton was comparing Alvin to Marshall Faulk. Now after his incredible rookie season I'm seeing Alvin Kamara/Marshall Faulk comparisons flying around. I expect by 2019 we'll be seeing NFL commentators comparing Josh Dobbs to Randall Cunningham.

Now in my opinion the major difference between Josh Dobbs and Randall Cunningham is their mentality. If you watch the documentary above, you'll see that the reason Randall Cunningham never fulfilled his potential in the NFL is because when he was younger he was more interested in being a celebrity than he was with studying film and becoming a better QB. Dobbs doesn't have that problem. He's incredibly motivated to becoming a great QB and has tremendous work ethic. I also never got a vibe from him that he's into himself and/or obsessed with celebrity. Josh will also be surrounded with more talent offensively in Pittsburgh than Cunningham had in Philadelphia.

A better supporting cast offensively and being more focused on football will lead Josh Dobbs to the Hall of Fame career Randall Cunningham should have had.

what number is he? I did not see Josh Dobbs in any of those highlights.

Full disclosure, I did not watch said highlights.

Reactions: 6 people
Hope Dobbs gets a shot at starting, but he does not have the arm that Cunningham had. It was probably top 5 of all time.

Reactions: 5 people
I didn't see Dobbs. Admittedly, I might have been confused since those highlights appear to be from NFL games.

Reactions: 5 people
Alvin Kamara is a product of the system he is in just like every no named running back and wide receiver that plays in New England's offense. There are certain offenses that promote all purpose backs like Kamara. It's not some Earth shattering prognostication that you self promote. Does Dobbs have some characteristics similar to Randall Cunningham? Of course, they were both mobile quarterbacks and you could compare him to any mobile quarterback and they would be "similar". Just like if you compared any other mobile quarterback from college football that has good size to Randall Cunningham or Steve Young. You act as though you have really stumbled upon some comparison that no one else could possible conceive.

Reactions: 1 person
Cunningham is a lot faster and has a much better arm.

I see the same speed and more importantly elusiveness and a similar arm.

This is just like last year when I compared Alvin to Marshall Faulk and everyone said Alvin doesn't have his speed. I said long-range speed isn't that important. For a RB burst and ability to break tackles were more important and Alvin was very comparable in that regard. And I was ultimately proven right.

Whatever the gap in pure arm strength, it's not significant enough to outweigh all the other similarities just as the difference in breakaway speed between Faulk and Kamara didn't outweigh all the other similarities.

Alvin Kamara is a product of the system he is in just like every no named running back and wide receiver that plays in New England's offense. There are certain offenses that promote all purpose backs like Kamara. It's not some Earth shattering prognostication that you self promote. Does Dobbs have some characteristics similar to Randall Cunningham? Of course, they were both mobile quarterbacks and you could compare him to any mobile quarterback and they would be "similar". Just like if you compared any other mobile quarterback from college football that has good size to Randall Cunningham or Steve Young. You act as though you have really stumbled upon some comparison that no one else could possible conceive.

That might be the silliest comment I've ever read on this site. LOL @ Alvin Kamara being a system player. Alvin Kamara makes the system. Without him the Saints looked lost this year when they played the Falcons.

Alvin Kamara is a generational talent. And there's a good chance he'll be NFL MVP next year.

I watched the highlights; I did not see Josh Dobbs.

So once again, you are wrong; because I just told you that after you said I couldn't.

I see the same speed and more importantly elusiveness and a similar arm.

This is just like last year when I compared Alvin to Marshall Faulk and everyone said Alvin doesn't have his speed. I said long-range speed isn't that important. For a RB burst and ability to break tackles were more important and Alvin was very comparable in that regard. And I was ultimately proven right.

Whatever the gap in pure arm strength, it's not significant enough to outweigh all the other similarities just as the difference in breakaway speed between Faulk and Kamara didn't outweigh all the other similarities.

Do you have any links to support this? I just pulled up a thread you started a year ago comparing AK to Faulk, and literally nobody said he didn't have the speed. Here are some responses:

Kamara has a very good NFL skill set, with his speed, quickness and pass-catching ability--and he's stronger than I realized. He's broken a lot of tackles this year--some weak tackles, to be sure--but in any case his stock surely has gone up. He's a talented guy who will go fairly high in the draft, IMO.

And you are the one who brought up "long range speed".

Kudos to you if you saw Alvin Kamara as a future NFL superstar last year. I didn't. I saw a nice do-it-all back who struggled with long-range speed. And I saw a guy with a body that was a little pudgy. This year he's more cut. He's leaner. He's more explosive. And finally he's gotten more snaps to show what he can do.

Alvin showed me something this year I didn't see last year. And guess what? NFL teams agree with me since his draft stock has soared from where it was last year. Jimmy Hyams reported last year he got a 6th round grade from NFL teams. This year he's looking like a lock to go in the 2nd round. He musta done something this year that was different from last year since his stock has soared.

And this is pretty on point:

Not only are you late to the Alvin Kamara party D4H, you completely missed it.

All you did before the season was argue with people who said Kamara needed more touches and a much bigger role in the offense the last two seasons.

All you did was cling to Hurd's jock and proclaim him the best rb in the country, the first rb taken ahead of Fournette in the draft and the "Calvin Johnson of running backs".

Oh no brother, don't come in here with all your self-proclaimed genius like you were on Kamara all along. You're a Hurd guy, 100%. Stick to your guns dude.

You just rewrite history and you're the only person who doesn't realize it.

Josh Dobbs is closer to Randall Cunningham than Alvin Kamara was to Marshall Faulk.

This comparison fits like a glove.

Until you openly change your stance on Brad Kaaya, nobody will ever take you seriously. Without hyperbole, it's literally the worst take I've ever seen.

Until you openly change your stance on Brad Kaaya, nobody will ever take you seriously. Without hyperbole, it's literally the worst take I've ever seen.

It's funny that he wears out the one time he was right, while ignoring all the times he was dead wrong.

I guess he's also impressed by baseball players that bat .075.

Do you have any links to support this? I just pulled up a thread you started a year ago comparing AK to Faulk, and literally nobody said he didn't have the speed. Here are some responses:

And you are the one who brought up "long range speed".

And this is pretty on point:

You just rewrite history and you're the only person who doesn't realize it.

There were many threads where I brought up the Faulk/Kamara comparison. That wasn't the only one. And many people mentioned the fact Marshall Faulk was a guy with track speed and Alvin isn't. Just as this isn't the first time I brought up the Cunningham/Dobbs comparison and this isn't the first time people have said Dobbs doesn't have Cunningham's speed or arm strength.

And FTR, I've schooled KBVol repeatedly on the Alvin Kamara issue. There's a reason he avoids these threads now.

There were many threads where I brought up the Faulk/Kamara comparison. That wasn't the only one. And many people mentioned the fact Marshall Faulk was a guy with track speed and Alvin isn't. Just as this isn't the first time I brought up the Cunningham/Dobbs comparison and this isn't the first time people have said Dobbs doesn't have Cunningham's speed or arm strength.

And FTR, I've schooled KBVol repeatedly on the Alvin Kamara issue. There's a reason he avoids these threads now.

Link(s), please. You literally just said "everyone" and in that thread people were agreeable. You're already disproven, but if you can provide a link to support your case, you can salvage some sliver of rep. I'm calling total BS until you do provide it, no matter how much you yap about it.

Here is another thread. A few people were slightly disagreeable, like this guy who said he has the burst of Faulk, but doesn't have the top-end speed, which you apparently agree with.

Flattering, but AK, while having nice burst, lacks top end speed. He'll have a great 10 yard split, but his 40 will be 4.5ish. That's not a knock against AK, but Faulk is a once a decade talent.

The rest of the posts mostly go like this:

LeSean "Shady" McCoy would be another comparison. Similar build, similar speed.

Nah. More of college version of Reggie Bush.

Great Kamara comparisons. I see ya'll put a lot of thought into them.

Kamara reminds me of LeVeon Bell, the Pittsburgh Steelers version.

You're full of ****, dude.

That might be the silliest comment I've ever read on this site. LOL @ Alvin Kamara being a system player. Alvin Kamara makes the system. Without him the Saints looked lost this year when they played the Falcons.

Alvin Kamara is a generational talent. And there's a good chance he'll be NFL MVP next year.

Lol... Yeah, I don't know how Drew Brees and Sean Payton have managed to operate a perennial top offense year in and year out. It was all smoke and mirrors the first 10 years they were together and throwing for 5,000 a year. Thank God Alvin Kamara showed up and saved that pedestrian offense.

Reactions: 3 people

I'm guessing you would have had me giving up on Tom Brady after his rookie year if I said he was going to be a pro bowl QB?

Its only year 1.

Here is another thread. A few people were slightly disagreeable, like this guy who said he has the burst of Faulk, but doesn't have the top-end speed, which you apparently agree with.

The rest of the posts mostly go like this:

You're full of ****, dude.

First season in the NFL. 2nd team All-Pro. Joined Gale Sayers with being the only rookie with 5 TDs rushing, 5 TDs receiving, and a kick return TD.

I'm the only one that said he would be a Hall of Famer.

You cited a guy comparing Alvin to Reggie Bush. A guy who never even made a Pro Bowl in his entire career. Gtfoh. If that's the most complimentary stuff others beside me said about Alvin then that isn't saying much.

I was the only one that said Alvin would be this special. Hall of Fame special.

You need to read some of the silly **** that Dobbs 4 Heisman posts then. Plenty of sillier stuff out there to be read.

VN Store

Back